They stold my elk

S

scree

LAST EDITED ON Oct-18-09 AT 03:46PM (MST)[p]How low can you get! While I was in California hunting blacktail some idiots pried the lock off my shed and burglarized it. They stole about ? of my elk meat from this year, 9 salmon filets, some other meat and my spring turkey; which I was saving for Thanksgiving. I reported it to the sheriff and they have some finger prints and I have a very good idea who drove off with my stuff. I would like to say more but I will wait for the trial.
If they would have come to me and told me they were on some tough times I would have given them some.
I hope they choke on it!

That's pretty low. Maybe they didn't wanna go threw the hassle of getting on welfare! At least they left you some elk meat though right?

I'd mess with them somehow if you have a good idea who it is. Maybe you can steal it back!

That is one of the lowest things I have ever heard. Sorry for your loss. I'm with you; give them some meat if they are hungry!

No one is going to turn away a hungry person that really needs food. But to steal someone else's food is as low as it gets. I hope they hang the ba$tards.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-18-09 AT 06:29PM (MST)[p]Scree;

I do not know what state you are in, but here in CA. a private citizen is not required to have a search warrant like a law enforcement officer is required to have to conduct a search of a residence.

If you have sufficent knowledge who took your packaged game meat, and if you were to enter their residence while they were gone. Conducted a search for your stolen items and located the stolen items. You can call law enforcement and have them respond to confiscate the stolen property and it will stand up in court as a lawful search by you, a private citizen.

The thing you have to worry about is that person trying to pursue charges of unlawful entry on you. If you locate the stolen items and they are arrested for burgarly, very little chance of them being able to push the unlawful entry. If you are wrong and do not locate the stolen items, you may be sucking air on a misdemeanor charge of unlawful entry. Your choice and decision if it is worth it.

For a officer to get a search warrant, he will have to show "reasonable cause" that person took your property and that the stolen property is in the house he wishes to search. Your suspicion will not be enough for the officer to get a search warrant. I doubt they will give consent for a search of their home if they are guilty and the stolen packaged meat is there. You have to be able to give a positive I.D. of the items also to show it is yours.

RELH

Dude! You must be on some pretty tough times yourself if you would drive from ANYWHERE, to this state, to hunt blacktails!

Especially if you already had an elk in the freezer.....that was bad arithmetic, any way you cut it.

Thanks for the insight. I am in Washington State and it is different here. Here I would get hemmed up for criminal trespass. I sure wish I could go the CA route and check it out.

Ha ha yea especially considering I have blacktail in my yard. I went because I have a friend that I wanted to hunt with and this year things lined up where I did not draw tags and he had some time. Plus I had never been to N. CA before. We did not kill any deer but had a great time and did some backpacking. You do have some beautiful country down there.

andy,
if nothing has happened going the right route let me know ill be more than glad to go talk to anyone for ya. hey send me a email with your phone # with all the traveling your doing hunting im thinking you need to do a little coonhunting your daughter should be old enough now to go

carl

I had my deer meat stolen once. Stolen by my thieving nephew. When I came back from vacation I went to the garage to pull some steaks from the freezer and found it empty.
My nephew was partying with his friends at the river every night and he fed all them dope-heads steaks every night.
It was the only deer I had in the freezer and my family (wife and 2 kids) went without for the season.

Get me some addresses. I'll send all my ducks and geese to you guys. We don't want anyone on the Muley site starving this winter...

It is hard to believe that someone would grovel that low! When I was in college, I had a good friend that basically lived on wild game. He had a room mate that would always eat his venison without asking. We were cutting up two deer one year, had a few beers and one thing led to another. We ended up making packages of "crane" burger. We took the most discusting blood shot meat, mixed in some brain, a bunch of hair and a squirt or two of piss. We marked the packages real well and filled up the freezer with the marked packages on top. It only took about two weeks until two packages of the marked meat were gone. The guy didn't say antything at the time but when my buddy broke out some meat to eat all he said was "I can't believe you are eating that stuff, it tastes like ass". Needless to say, my buddy didn't have to worry about his wild game disappearing any more. The guy got what he deserved! Just a funny story from a long time ago. Sorry to hear about your loss. TJ

that is as low as it gets.years ago a buddy of mine in utah had somebody take a deer out of a tree on the side of his house.there trie tracks were in the snow were they back up to load it.he came home form a night out to find this.and these days the way things are we had better lock every thing down.

>What the hell does "stold" mean?
>

I was wondering the same thing....lol

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom