THESE ARE ROUGH ON DURA-MAX INTERIOR!!!

Back in my younger years I would catch all kinds of animals. Most memorable was a baby woodchuck I caught while bowhunting them in the backyard. Lured it in with carrots and caught it with a fishing net kept that guy for a couple weeks before my mom found it in our shed out back. It actually got used to eating the veggie scraps we had. Guess frequent trips out there tipped her off.

I got bit by a pack rat back about 1965. I had to keep it alive for 2 weeks as I remember. If it died, I was going to have to get the rabies shots in my gut. Never was a rat more well cared for.

A good friend of mine at the time became a state trooper in Wainwright, AK. It must have been in the early 1980's. Somehow he got a Polar Bear cub and raised it at his house. I remember seeing photos of it but I don't recall what happened to it.

One of his biggest issues to deal with was stray dogs. He decided to hire a dog catcher out of his own pay and help establish a relationship with the natives. The guy he hired took his .30-06 and started shooting dogs right in town. I guess that didn't go over very well.

Had baby racoons every year growing up, come breeding season they would leave and not come back.
Monkey Wards use to buy them from us, we tried to catch as many as we could.

A good friend of mine at the time became a state trooper in Wainwright, AK. It must have been in the early 1980's. Somehow he got a Polar Bear cub and raised it at his house. I remember seeing photos of it but I don't recall what happened to it.

One of his biggest issues to deal with was stray dogs. He decided to hire a dog catcher out of his own pay and help establish a relationship with the natives. The guy he hired took his .30-06 and started shooting dogs right in town. I guess that didn't go over very well.
OOOps

Had baby racoons every year growing up, come breeding season they would leave and not come back.
Monkey Wards use to buy them from us, we tried to catch as many as we could.

Why did Wards buy them? To make coon skin hats to sell? LOL!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom