THERE'S NO ONE REASON WHY!!! (DUH!)

??

You started your post with ?- I replied with ??.

Then you added a title and video after......you messing with me?:unsure:?

Last edited:
This video was released in 2012.

If you’d driven a stake in the ground next to local mule deer herd, and looked where it’s at today……….. after 10 “more” years of habitat, predator, water, highway, weapon, access, optic, etc improvements, how effective has this amazing restoration work been?
C505FC77-7475-43BD-AD0C-2EBCA58605C0.jpeg

After the last ten years of investment and the Mule Deer Foundation claims we’re now at an inflection point. Or said with different words, “a tipping point”. While I agree but I’m saying it’s a negative not a positive inflection. I say that because of all this video said they were going to do going forward from 2012. Here we are ten years after the fact and another 10% decline. (or more). Most have read this already.

So……. We improved habitat, reduced predators, developed water, developed highway/migration crossings, etc.

In the last year we even took a poke at technology enchantments and hired help. But we’ve been told those two things and more to come have absolutely nothing to do with improve mule deer populations, so those don’t count as an effort to save the icon of the west.

What’s the one thing they haven’t done, don’t intended to and will only do if it’s required by a legislative or judicial action?

The one thing that will incorporate approximately 40 of Elkassassin’s Hell -Right list of 50, all at the same time? The one thing they refuse to do…….. because sportsman won’t tolerate it. Sportsmen will let it go to hell first. Hell-Right they will.

Here’s a suggestion, pound another state in the ground right now, check which direction and how far the mule deer herd moves in the next ten years.

Dare ya.

What’s the one thing they haven’t done, don’t intended to and will only do if it’s required by a legislative or judicial action?

The one thing that will incorporate approximately 40 of Elkassassin’s Hell -Right list of 50, all at the same time? The one thing they refuse to do…….. because sportsman won’t tolerate it. Sportsmen will let it go to hell first. Hell-Right they will.
Control Cheatgrass?

Halt all hunting for a period of time.
………not trying to starve revenue nor all mule deer hunting but yes………. On a rotating unit bases…….. providing more is done on the closed unit while it’s closed, according to is unique needs such as predator reduction, water development, migration route enhancement and specific habitat at reclamation, including cheatgrass…. to keep some folks feathers ruffled.

Make these closures routine allowing for “disaster closures” where and when conditions call for them.

One more thing, in Utah, go back to 60 plus units, like they had when mule deer herds were thriving so the prescription can be more individual herd health specific.

Last edited:
………not trying to starve revenue nor all mule deer hunting but yes………. On a rotating unit bases…….. providing more is done on the closed unit while it’s closed, according to is unique needs such as predator reduction, water development, migration route enhancement and specific habitat at reclamation, including cheatgrass…. to keep some folks feathers ruffled.

Make these closures routine allowing for “disaster closures” where and when conditions call for them.

One more thing, in Utah, go back to 60 plus units, like they had when mule deer herds were thriving so the prescription can be more individual herd health specific.
The average hunter loves mule deer but not that much, unfortunately.

It’s time to stop wasting money on mule deer. Take that money and transplant whitetails.

Mule deer are little bitches

Finally someone that makes sense. Them muley are just sage rats. Whitetails taste so much better. We should start a Whitetail group. You and I can make a salary of what ever we pick in our non profit organization

Well, I hate almost everything you mentioned but I brought the same thing up about 10 years ago for the areas we hunt. We were hunting, filling tags, didn’t matter as long as they were legal. I was part of the problem then. I should have let many of those grow that I ended up killing. There was so many animals at that time that you never thought that the future would be bleak. Anyways I’ve been trying to make things right the best I can for the past decade.

Well, I hate almost everything you mentioned but I brought the same thing up about 10 years ago for the areas we hunt. We were hunting, filling tags, didn’t matter as long as they were legal. I was part of the problem then. I should have let many of those grow that I ended up killing. There was so many animals at that time that you never thought that the future would be bleak. Anyways I’ve been trying to make things right the best I can for the past decade.
I hate it too Bigfoot, hate the hail out of it, that’s why I’m perpetually pissed off……… cuz it’s not like we haven’t been howling about this since the 1980s, here in Utah.

Anyone can dig out old Utah State Wildlife reports, off the internet, from clear back in the 1970s, and read about our Fish and Game’s biologists concerns about declining fawn survival ratios. The Oak Creek study is a prime example.

We, meaning both us sportsmen and our bureau administrators, have plenty of blame to share. Nothing’s changed in that regard in the last 50 years. I clearly remember scorning an older gentleman from Marysville back in the 70’s for crying as he addresses our Wildlife Board, back in the 70s. How right he was.

Thanks for recognizing your local conditions and doing what you can to help.

Did ya notice the consistency there Slamdunk………. In case you didn’t, NOTHING has changed…….. well……. maybe it has…… it’s worse.

Got to be honest. I kind of support a hunting season closure of some kind for mulies. I think Nevada is suffering like Utah is. 95% of me anyway. The tactical 5% of me though thinks the antis will take any break in a hunting season and run with it. Foot in the door scenario. Too many commissions are being populated by lefties. That said, I don't think the respective game boards/commissions are listening to the wardens, and the hunters. I mention wardens because they interact with the hunters and see first-hand game populations. I personally know a warden in my home state that literally has no say on quotas yet spends a ridiculous amount of time in the field.

Got to be honest. I kind of support a hunting season closure of some kind for mulies. I think Nevada is suffering like Utah is. 95% of me anyway. The tactical 5% of me though thinks the antis will take any break in a hunting season and run with it. Foot in the door scenario. Too many commissions are being populated by lefties. That said, I don't think the respective game boards/commissions are listening to the wardens, and the hunters. I mention wardens because they interact with the hunters and see first-hand game populations. I personally know a warden in my home state that literally has no say on quotas yet spends a ridiculous amount of time in the field.
Are there a lot of doe tags being issued in Nevada?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom