The Wall That Heals

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I had the honor today of visiting the portable VIETNAM war memorial that came to town. It was sobering to say the least to see a list of 58,000 names on the wall. With the help of one of the volunteers, I was able to locate several friends and classmates. Thank you all who served and made the ultimate sacrifice. I pray I am worthy of that sacrifice. You will never be forgotten.

Eel

3368vietnam_013.jpg

4885vietnam_011.jpg

8316vietnam_012.jpg

7782vietnam_008.jpg

7860vietnam_005.jpg

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Viet Nam veterans may be some of the most Patriotic soldiers the U.S.A. has ever known. Watching from the Canadian side of the border, I had and still have nothing be the greatest respect for those that served in South East Asia in the 60's and 70's.

I've been very fortunate to visit the Viet Nam War Memorial in Washington DC. It was as important and moving to visit the Viet Nam War Memorial as it was the Lincoln Memorial or the Washington Monument.

Thanks for reminding me Eel.

DC

I have been to it twice on the Portable Wall and have found the info on guys I went to school with and also ones that I went to Basic Training with including Officers. It is hard to view but do it with respect to my fellow soldiers.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

My father left 17 feet of his guts in that jungle. You'd never know he was vet I less you heard from an outside source. He seeks zero attention and pays for it every day of his life.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Thanks to everyone who's served in the military for this great country. Without each an everyone of you it wouldn't be possible for me to wake up tomorrow an do as I damn well please. Forever grateful. LRB

Thanks Eel and a HUGE THANK YOU to all those who served.
I agree, I hope I can live my life in a manner to be fractionally worthy of the service of others!
Respectfully,
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom