The Thornward 12 guage side by side

F

fldrw22

Just curious if anyone knows anything about this gun/original maker /where they were sold???? .Have a friend who found one while bird hunting in southern nevada .No markings on the gun except for "The Thornward" on the side of the breach.

Must be an old Son of a Gun?

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

any pictures.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I remember somebody else asking perty much the same question a few years ago on the same Brand of gun!

I don't think anybody ever came up with much info if I remember right?

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Just did a quick Google search and it turned up the Baker Gun Co. Looks like it was made beteen 1890 and 1930. It could have been made in NY or could be a Bavarian model made for Montgomery Wards. You might start there with your research. Good luck.

I couldn't tell you anything about it based on the info you gave. A pic would be helpful. Things that would really help id the maker would be:

Hammer or hammerless-Hammer design is unique to each manufacture

Ejectors or extractors

Buttplate-Type of material used and design

Action type-Boxlock, sidelock, backlock

Lever style and location: Top lever, side lever, bottom lever

Barrels-Damascus or seamless. If damascus, what pattern.

Proofmarks-This will be the best source of id. Every gun has them. They will be located at the breech end of both barrels. You will have to remove the forearm and break down the gun to see them. Every indentation, no matter how obscure, will be important. You should be able to determine the country/town that issued the proof, the proofhouse, who proofed it, what the strength of the proof was, and the year or range of years that the proof was issued.

Those old doubles are really cool, working or not. It was common for manufactures to make firearms under different names for large scale retailers.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom