The Spider Shark

Long Time Member
Well, turns out that Ransom is still having difficulty bringing in the Spider Marlin. I was able to locate and harvest the Spider Tiger Shark. Turns out the local tradition of the Jungle 'Rooster' dance paid of after D13er gave it the what for.

tigershark008.jpg

Luck quickly changed after the ceremonial dance and JB pulled in a pisscutter.

tigershark012.jpg

Later while trying to bring on a yellow fin tuna with a ten pound bait, the Spider Tiger Shark grabbed hold of the bait and came out of the water. Two hours later we had her along side the boat and touched the leader. (Touching the leader and cutting consitutes a catch for a tiger.

tigershark034.jpg

The locals do not like the tigers to be harvested) The Captain of the ship as well as the first mate sized the Tiger Shark at 19 feet and 1500 pounds. I'll post a certificate later for any nay sayers. I felt bad for catching 3x's the fish Mosnar has pulled in...but the guilt subsided after about 12 seconds :) .

498a6f395e505405.jpg

Well I see JB wasn't on his best behavior the whole trip. That pic must have been taken when I was up on the top deck hiding from the shark.

If that shark is 15' i'm the King of Kona, what are you hiding for ransom? they're cute when they're small! like a petting zoo...get down there and play with it!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

HEY CUPSY???

THAT THE BAIT???

OR YOUR PISSCUTTER???

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

if that shark is 15 feet long ill kiss your as on main atreet and give u 10 minutes to draw a crowd

>that shark gave me wood......saw no
>reason to hide it

LOL this is D13ers post not mine. The ahole got a hold of my puter.

Ransom

Come on guys! i'm waiting to see pic's of the "grander" Blue Marlin yer gonna get :)

Got to admit, that shark weren't to bad!!

the other Joey

HEY sage!!!

I THINK CUPSY IS HOLDING THE "GRANDER"!!!

AND 1911!!!

WE DON'T EVEN WANNA HEAR HOW YOUR ARMS ARE ACHING THIS MORNING,LOL!!!

NICE CATCH!!!

STILL THINK YOU SHOULDA PUT HIM IN THE BOAT!!!

THATS KINDA LIKE SAYING I HAD THE COYOTE OUTRIGHT BUT I LET HIM GO!!!

IF CUPSY WOULDA BEEN THE CAPTAIN I'M AFFRAID IT MIGHTA BEEN DIFFERENT!!!

GOOD LUCK & HOPE YOU GUYS HOOK A WHALE TODAY!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Nice catch 1911. Two hours, wow!

JB, is that a baby Marlin? Looks like a bill fish to me!:)

Ransom, you have my sympathy.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-09 AT 07:59AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-09 AT 07:57?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-09 AT 07:54?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-09 AT 07:48?AM (MST)

I highly doubt that it actually was a real tiger shark - looks photoshopped to me - tiger sharks don't come that close to shore - if it was real, the captain probably had it in his live well, waited for the right moment, then let it loose for the "experience" - it is probably his pet, it will come back to his dock when it gets hungry and will eat out of his bowl. Makes you wonder because the "locals" don't like you to harvest them - yeah right! The "locals" in Utah don't like you to harvest big stinky bulls either! Isn't that a fence I see in the background? - DEEP FENCE fishing - real classy guys. Way to represent MM! Like your use of guides too - how many did you have? 25 or 30? Almost like that thing was corralled in by boats from what I heard! Also - little early in the year for tiger shark too isn't it? How come you guys get to fish for one early when everybody else has to wait for the season to start! Real challenging when there is no pressure! Yeah I'd be real proud of this one!

Can't wait to see the "certificate" too - I am sure the "captain" made it look real official - bet it took a long time to peel the cracker jack sticker off of it too! Did you get a little plastic "Official Tiger Shark Hunter" badge too?

Nice "field judging" too - somehow I thought I could expect more from an official B&C measurer, but I guess you guys just defaulted to the MM scoring system. Typical.

Keep sticking to the "2 hours" story also! Makes it sound real. I bet the gals in the bars buy it. Pathetic.

19 feet - not one I would even consider on the last day where I fish. I would pass him up every time.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

You guys can have that deep sea fishing. I'll stick to my lakes.

funny_634.jpg

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
aufvqq.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-09 AT 10:27AM (MST)[p]Something smells fishy here, if JB is smiling then they are up to no good.
If any one back here in the mainland gets a package address from Hawaii.........throw it away fast.

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom