the sky is falling

Eastern Sierra. 3 days straight.

Supposed to be the storm of the decade, but it's 50 degrees at 4,500 feet so I doubt we'll see that white chit.

You better hope so! Supposed to be a couple inches in the morning, but turning to rain after. It sure made a big mess for me reguardless.

Brownie

We here in Chester must be a island in the stream. Lots of nasty weather, not that much snow. There is about 6-7" of new powder outside and it's about 20 degrees. Could'a been a LOT more snow than that but there still looks to be a rough week ahead!

Joey

Where I am in Riverside County is literally saturated and we
are expecting more rain today. Should be a very green spring.

ELDORADO

>We here in Chester must be
>a island in the stream.
>Lots of nasty weather, not
>that much snow. There is
>about 6-7" of new powder
>outside and it's about 20
>degrees. Could'a been a LOT
>more snow than that but
>there still looks to be
>a rough week ahead!
>
>Joey

Sage,

I have a cabin in Mineral, any idea on the snow situation over that way?

-John Wayne

Elk_Nuts, Not really, at least nothing to Bank on! Some cars coming into town from that way are chained up. Morgan Summit must be a mess! I'd guess Mineral is a busy place with all the Flats coming up to see and play in the snow. Nice place Mineral is!!

I just returned from a Service Call out to the "Y" store in Westwood. Hate it when the roads are all slushy. i drove 35-40 the whole way.

Joey

Just heard today, the storm total on Mammoth Mountain was 15.5 feet of snow since Sat. We got 4.38 inches of rain in the Bishop area since Sat. It was a big storm, one of the biggest I've seen in my young life.
Thanks

Brownie

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-10 AT 06:06AM (MST)[p]Same here in Laguna Hills (Orange County) it's been pouring rain and we have been enjoying some serious wind...

Looks like it going to continue for a while.

So Far So good! Besides the power being off for the last 14 hours or so, we, for some unusual reason, seem to be escaping the worst of these storms. We got another inch or two of snow during the night and there is only a foot or so out on the flats. Some rains have helped, no doubt that the Mountains above and near town her are getting hit hard, but we've been lucky here in town.

I remember the winter of 92-93, the one that we lost so many of our NE muley herd. I returned from a Christmas holiday down with the folks. There was a good 6-7 feet of snow between the street and my home. I got the shovel out and, taking several hours, dug me a nice path. Then i drug out some 4X8 sheets of plywood that i had salvaged off a job. I put them over the top of my pathway and shoveled some snow on them to anchor them down, effectively making a nice stand up tunnel/cave into my house that lasted until early spring. That was a winter!! :)

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom