The Skunks Are Back!

ElkSniper

Very Active Member
This year must be a very good year for the skunks. I have seen at least 10 different skunks around by neighbor hood this week. my dog "Sniper" has already killed 2 this week.

Which Brings be to my Question. How do I get the smell out of my dog. I tryed tomato juice IT DONT WORK. You would think he has learned his lesson after the first time. HECK NO HE DIDN'T! Also How do you Repel skunks from coming in the yard again?

Sorry I never found anything to get the smell out either. The best deterret I've found is a .410 that hangs above the front door. Its a little noisy but the neighbors are a long ways off.

Johnsons bedtime baby soap! Cheapest easiest way I've found.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

There seem to be a period in the spring and then in the fall when they go very active. The past week I've trapped three and seen probably a dozen squashed on the roads.

Mix up a full bottle of hydrogen peroxide and a lil' dish soap and water. Put it in a spray bottle and squirt all over the dog. Let it sit for a while then rinse. It neutralizes the smell almost immediately.

Gives the dog a wonderful sun-bleached highlight to their coat without the expensive cost of going to the doggie salon, too. LOL

old saying about skunks moving around this time of year means early winter or late, heck i cant remember

My Catahoula tied into a skunk at the farm last week. I bought some "Skunk Away" from a Attway Farm Store. Really worked well and smelled nice. John

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom