The prophet speaks

Tristate

Long Time Member
Okydoky fellas. Here is your mind blowing question.

If every single deer tag in your state cost $2500, and elk $3500, antelope $2000, Bears and lions $1500, and sheep were $20,000, would you be scared the state was going to sell "your" public lands?

If your DWR's were flush with hunting money would you be shrieking on those other threads and writing your representatives and signing petitions?

For quite awhile I warned you boys only to be threatened and called names. Now I have to admit I sit at my computer with a smirk on my face listening to the last whales of the drowning victims. I hope yall like golf and bingo.

Tristate, that would only work if the bingo and golf were free, a Constitutional guaranteed right.:)

Good point, but why hammer the little guy? Just raise taxes on the rich.

America was founded on free hunting, free fishing, free camping, free bird watching, free wilderness, free parks and monuments, free health care, free wolves, free food stamps, and free education. Any budget shortfall is a tax collection problem from the rich. We live in a free Country.

Right, piper?

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

I'm not quite sure what your point is Tristate... Is it your erroneous belief that the land sale is related to the DWR needing money..?? Or is it my erroneous belief that the possible land sale would mostly go to the State of Utah as a whole and most money would go to other interests, NOT the DWR..?

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

>Okydoky fellas. Here is your mind
>blowing question.
>
>If every single deer tag in
>your state cost $2500, and
>elk $3500, antelope $2000, Bears
>and lions $1500, and sheep
>were $20,000, would you be
>scared the state was going
>to sell "your" public lands?
>
>
>If your DWR's were flush with
>hunting money would you be
>shrieking on those other threads
>and writing your representatives and
>signing petitions?
>
>
>For quite awhile I warned you
>boys only to be threatened
>and called names. Now
>I have to admit I
>sit at my computer with
>a smirk on my face
>listening to the last whales
>of the drowning victims.
>I hope yall like golf
>and bingo.

Those dots are way to far apart to connect. Are you sure you haven't been partaking of the new Colorado State Weed.

Tri,
I pride myself of being of at-least-average intelligence and yet I couldn't stay up with your current conversation.
You make some good points (occasionally) some poor points and some abstract points. I'm still trying to figure our what your point is in this thread.
Cannonball summed it up: dots are too far apart.
Zeke

America was founded on free land, 40 acreas and a mule they once said.

Things change, a lot of breeding did that, and of course we found out the world was round.

It's society that makes the rules, not individuals, none of us are truly free.

It's a matter of balance, public land private land, it's what society wants is what's going to happen. labels and partisian BS means nothing.

I'm an outdoors person, it's about a lot more than just hunting a bit different person than tristate.

We also live in a different world than Teddy Roosevelt did,most of our politicians are candy asses, the country is becoming more so all the time.

People get free stuff all the time, I know some horribly spoiled rich kids who have had everything handed to them,I don't just mean free meals either, their parents also, that's life.

Mexico has enormous amounts of private land, Canada has lots of public lands, are Mexicans more free than Canadians? I don't know, guess it depends on your version of freedom,

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-15 AT 12:19PM (MST)[p]It's his same old tired point. Your theory lacks I simple thing, econ 101. Let's first experiment with your business, try gettin 3k for every dinky texas whitetail that comes thru the front door then let us know how long before the power company shows up to kill the lights.

Oh great! Now whales on public land are an endangered species.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

Hey Pig, here's a few mind blowing questions for you.

1. Are you drunk?

2. Would you pay $2500 for a dog dink TexASS whitetail tag?

3. Do you have Little Man Syndrome?

4. Who's the prophet and why are you sitting at your computer with a stupid smirk on your face?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-15 AT 07:05PM (MST)[p]>Okydoky fellas. Here is your mind
>blowing question.
>
>If every single deer tag in
>your state cost $2500, and
>elk $3500, antelope $2000, Bears
>and lions $1500, and sheep
>were $20,000, would you be
>scared the state was going
>to sell "your" public lands?
>
>
>If your DWR's were flush with
>hunting money would you be
>shrieking on those other threads
>and writing your representatives and
>signing petitions?
>
>
>For quite awhile I warned you
>boys only to be threatened
>and called names. Now
>I have to admit I
>sit at my computer with
>a smirk on my face
>of the drowning victims.
>I hope yall like golf
>and bingo.

HUH? Where are the logical connections between your paragraph/sentences?

Prophets are always ignored and misunderstood during their time on earth. Who am I to change the way the world works? So I will continue to ignore. You should too

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

What's the DWR gonna do with all that excess cash tritip??

They gonna hire each deer an elk their own biologist to act
As a personal trainer / security guard??

Here's a tip for ya tritip. Mother Nature don't give a rats ass
About cash. Cash won't end droughts, it won't stop snow and
After dumping more cash "On the ground than all other western
States combined" I'll guarantee it won't grow more deer.

You are truly something special my man.

Carry on.

"The State of Utah has not given BGF anything.
They have invested in BGF to protect their
interests."
Birdman 4/15/15

Tristate is the one true prophet...

Said no one ever!

Haha, the mentally dysfuctional "prophet" Tardstate continues to slather and dribble...frikken shameless

lmao @ you, pitiful little twit :)

Trisexual is drunk posting again. We all do it from time to time. The smirk is from the two dudes under his computer desk.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

This get's really long and floppy and piper will term it emotional drivel and Utardish but who gives a sh!t what piper thinks? Not I.

Secondly, I'm not going to re-read and edit my dyslexic grammar and sentence structure errors, if they bother or confuse you, skip it, you won't have missed much, that counts for much anyway.

Tri, I may understand you, the message you've been predicting and why you believe it will come about. Maybe more than some, maybe not. Hell, I may not understand you at all but I'm thinking I've got a pretty good idea of your philosophy and your rational behind it.

I understand free enterprise. I understand free market. I understand market value and how it's supposed to be determined. I understand liberty. I understand private ownership. I understand work or starve. I understand government waste. I understand the difference between the remnants of the European Monarchy System form of government, the American Constitution and the opportunity to rise above your families traditional status in a classless society, as designed and intended by the founders of the Bill of Rights. I understand all that, what's more I believe it, support it and believe we will, as a people, do much better as humans, living under the founders concepts. (Recognizing that we can argue endlessly what those concepts and visions actually where, by interpreting their words to suite out personal bias, we do it all the time.) But lets assume for a minute that we have a "common" basic agreement to their intentions.

Let's see if we can bring you part way, at least, to a common concept, so we can work together, rather than gut each other with a dull knife.

You live in Texas, a State that prides itself in it's independence and individualism. I like that. I wish everyone felt the same way about our country and our States as Texans do about theirs. Most of your State is privately owned. That's a good thing, your geography works to that end. But lets look a little deeper, if we can. There are places in Texas that aren't private, that are owned by "the people" in common. Under proper management and with proper "public collaborative funding" ie: taxes or use fees, these public properties generate a tremendous benefit and produce a fantastic experience for all "the people" of Texas. Millions of people, in fact.

Just what are these collectively owned (or public, as it were) properties. To list a few, they would be swimming pools, recreation centers, golf courses, city parks, and we could identify others if we looked deeper. Now, we can't say these are forced on the public because they are, by-enlarge, proposed by a group of interested citizens and presented to the public, where the public choses to contribute to the construction, maintenance and use, through the local election process. That is; "the people" choose to "pool" their money (tax themselves) for these properties, held collectively by "the people" for "their use".

Millions use them. Millions enjoy them. Millions would have a melt down and go after anyone attempting to remove them, with emotion, passion, logic, and even irrationally, if needs be.

Why?

Because, individually we can't each own a swimming pool. Individually we can't own a library. Individually we can't own a golf course. However, collectively we can have an amazing city park, etc, if we share the cost. Now, I personally don't use the library, but I want to make sure every child or interested parent can, because I believe libraries lift us all up. I don't golf very often, but I believe it adds value to my community and generates a desirable environment, which intern, brings great economic opportunity and wealth to my community. I believe I can share the cost of a school bus and haul my kids to school safer and cheaper than I could car pool with my buddies.

I understand that some folks believe the founding fathers did not believe in this "collaborative" sharing of benefits and the willing sharing of the costs. One could argue that individual groups of private families could partnership or incorporate and build a swimming pool, or a golf course, or a library. It's true they could, and they do. And most of us are great with their doing just that, country clubs are okay, private housing subdivision build fantastic parks "for there families", and we're okay with that, it's all good and we live in an amazing country that provides the economic ability for people to build these private facilities.

And yet, there are millions of us don't have the skills, the knowledge, the intelligence, the drive, the ambition, the "whatever" to create these corporations, partnerships, businesses, that can build these golf courses, libraries, swimming pools, etc. Millions in Texas, as well as in other States, don't. And.....still yet, there are many wealthy who could build a swimming pool, or a golf course, or a park, but not all three. So.................some of the wealthy and the less wealthy (poor and middle class, if you will) put together local municipalities and vote to tax ourselves a pool, or two, a golf course or two, a park or two, recognizing that all us don't even need or use every single one of these "publicly" funded properties but we are a better community if we have them, because they lift us all up and make us all better. And, we can have some of the same things those that incorporate can have.

It's actually a pretty good system, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and hundreds of smaller cities in Texas have many many publicly held, community funded, public properties, enjoyed and cherished by million of Texans, such as yourself.

Yes, golf on a "publicly" owned golf course is cheaper than a country club, so is swimming in one of the public pools, and the city park is generally free. This is the point after all, if it was cheaper to each buy one of these, we would not have created these properties, that is the only reason, yes the only reason, we build and voted to share in the cost of them. We couldn't afford to build them individually or in smaller partnerships.

The public land in the west is no different in concept, than the public golf courses in Texas. They are simply a "national" golf course if you will. The "national public" has voted, for many many years, to own and operate these public lands, for multiple use. No different than a municipality has voted to operate a piece of public land for a driving range, a par three 9 hole, an eighteen hole, a practice green, etc.

Let's consider this scenario for a minute: Let's say the city of Fort Worth had a citizens group put up the idea of a new golf course on the outside of Fort Worth and it's citizens voted and agreed to fund the course. Twenty years later, after the golf course was built, a group of nice new homes was built along it's fairways, by private home owners, then more homes next to those homes and then a few gas stations, a grocery store or two and finally a shopping mall, five new car dealerships, a mega theater, 9 new Banks, etc. After all that a wise developer comes along and say's, "that golf course is worth way too much to this city to tie up that many acres when the city could sell it to me, I'll sell it so Shell Oil, Exxon, BP, and Phillips can each build a new 40 story high rise. Those four buildings will bring in more property taxes and provide a huge increase in economic opportunity to this community. We simply can't afford to allow people to be playing golf our there for $35 dollars a day, it's costing us billions of desperately needed tax revenue." Isn't that pretty much what you've seen happen?

My answer to this observant developer would be (maybe no yours, but maybe, if you give it some thought), "Sir, that golf course is why this community is here. It created the initial incentive for all that is here now, to be here now. The folks that invested those "shared dollars, via their municipal taxes" built, operated, and created the footings this city is setting on". If the city is in desperate need of tax revenue, as you say it is, as I believe it is, raise everyone one's collective contribution to the pay for the services they are demanding." The golf course has bought and paid for, just like every thing else in this city, by the people who built that golf course, they own it, as surely as you own the house your living in and the office building you operate your business out of." That , I believe, is what the founding fathers intended, they did not intend, for you, to take what our "collective people" have built and invested blood sweat and tear into, for your personal gain."

See Tri, there was a time, in the Western Rocky Mountain States, that the States, due to their limited abilities, asked the Federal government to manage these public lands. The Feds may or may not have wanted to. I can't actually imagine the citizens east of the Mississippi River, back a 100 years ago, being delighted in sharing in the cost of managing the vast "relatively unprofitable" mountains and deserts of the far west. But............like it or not, they had to. Their hard earned dollars were taxed, for or against their will, and those moneys were used to manages these State's lands. Lands the States could not or did not want to manage because the lands were not generating enough revenue to support themselves and the citizens of the far west could not and did not have the resources to management them. And they were going to sh!t because they were being abused by anyone and everyone that had a half baked idea about what to do on them, but the idea wasn't worth a nickel because they couldn't afford to pay the property taxes, let alone generate a profit, on these previously considered "waste lands".

So the Nation built a "golf course" if we can use that metaphor. As the golf course got older, more people moved in next to it, we discovered riches buried under it and water that accumulated on top of it. We grow large prosperous cities around and next to it. We populated it will wildlife, of all kinds, and created recreational hunting and fishing activities, cheaper than we could if we went back east or over to Europe to hunt and fish. We built reservoirs to hold back spring run off, so we could irrigate during the summer and stock fish in for public fishing, cheaper than we could lease lakes in the midwest and south. We re-grew over grazed ranges and restored abused forests and rivers. Why, because it lifted us all up. Some people in the East never came west, but they paid the bill just the same. No different than a man in Dallas does that's never swam a stroke in his life and never will, he hates the water but he support the local swimming pool.

Now that our States populations have grown (over doubled in 30 years alone), the States need more serves, they need more revenue. The same kind of businessman, like the one that wanted to build the high-rises on the golf course in Fort Worth, knows and sees the growth, sees the need for revenue and see the business opportunity. Him, and dozens of other investors and businessmen just like him. Oil men, lumber men, livestock men, home builders, etc. etc. All good, all patriotic Americans, that I understand, respect and admire. But, they didn't want these public lands until "we" the public, that made these lands valuable, by our growth here, made valuable by our previous "collective investments (our taxes)" in these public lands, until our investments have made them worth adding to the private sector.

Sorry, but, the business men don't get our investment, to increase your personal wealth. That's not the way it works, just because it's a larger golf course, it not different. If they need more revenue, they need to raise the taxes on the managers of these lands. Who are the managers. The managers of these lands are "all American", the nation, the Feds. That's how we wanted it, that how we built it and that's how it needs to stay, because it was cheaper for the States then and now that it's more profitable, sorry, you don't get to take the nations investment and have it, at their expense.

However, the nation, by it's desire and willingness to take over the operation of these lands, to "hold there hand up and say", "We'll do its. We'll take over the expense and the management of these far western lands, can't not now, after the cost increases, and the management becomes more complex, turn these collective public lands into political tools, they can't abuse, lock out some of the public, regulate against some kinds of multiple use, and change the game, now that we've all paid for it for 100 years, either." NO! That doesn't work either. As we didn't collectively build the value of these land so they could be to given or sold to the private sector, to generated needed revenue, we did not spend our time, money and investment in these lands to have part of our public investors decide that others of us no long have a right to multiple use access to these lands. Both attempts a behaviors, of both groups a understandable but there both equal corrupt and wrong and thief, from those that paid the price initially.

To your point Tri. These are not private lands. We build them back, as we were asked by the States to do, we restored the habitat and restored the big game species so we would not have to pay the Eastern U.S.A. private property and European prices to access, hunt and fish and recreate on them. Just because public land are now worth more, (in part because of our initial investment/taxes, just because we need revenue, just because the golf course was the incentive to build and grow human populations in close proximate, does not mean, nor justify, under the American concept of private ownership, that these lands now be sold to the private sector. In every sense, they've be bought and paid for by private American's, we've simply used the government system to pay for their improvements and their production.

Do we need to raise the price for the use of these "public land" absolutely. Why, the States need more revenue from the State land's. The lands are worth more now that there is a large population close to it. Inflation raises the price of everything, public and private. The cost of golf goes up too. You can't play golf on a public or a private golf course today for what you paid in 1952. All user, and non user need to pay more for these public lands, we own them, we want to own them, we want to keep them public, therefore as the value and the cost to own and operate them increases, so too must our contribution to pay for them.

Poor Federal government elected official management (not government agencies) allowed the need for improvements on these lands to exceed 100 million dollars. Is there waste in government agencies, yes. Should we care, hell yes. Should be fix it, hell yes, the same as a Board of Directors (of any responsible to it's share holders) has a responsible to limit waste in any American corporation.

Therefore, the system has worked for many many year. The system has been neglected. The States have been neglected. The multiple use concept has been bastardized by many "alternate objective groups", of all kinds. The far west Governor's have been, for 30 years sounding the alarm, nothing has improved, it's got worse. There going to take another run at this, not in my opinion to "take back these public lands or sale or other wise" but the need an increase in revenue of the golf course. These negotiations are being used to attempt to bring a much needed solution to a badly neglected system, that has failed to work and is costing everyone millions without fixing the problem.

We don't want to pay $2500, and elk $3500, antelope $2000, Bears and lions $1500, and sheep were $20,000, we don't want to pay that on private and or public land, that's the reason we hunters support public lands, that why we'll fight to keep them "ours", so that we don't have to pay as much as we would on a private ranch in Texas, Utah, Iowa or else where. We've, the collective American citizens, took on the costs to restore these lands, to populate them with big game and other products, and we need to willing to pay the necessary costs of maintaining them so that we can, but we are not interested, now that they have added value, given them to the private sector, any more than the folks in Texas would give us their golf courses, libraries, city parks, etc., to earn money for our private investment portfolios.

Any by the day, thanks to our DWR allowing a small percentage of our wildlife to sold the highest bidder, to grow more and larger herds of big game, for hunting, Utah's DWR is far from hurting for adequate funding. What has not always been the case but it has been for the last number of years, thanks to very generous businessmen and their profits.

I hope your believe that the far western lands will be privatized. I hope your still able to come here and hunt and enjoy these public lands, that you've help pay to grow and improve. I hope I don't have to pay $2500, and elk $3500, antelope $2000, Bears and lions $1500, and sheep were $20,000. I hope the multiple use concept is renewed and rebuilt like we've repopulated our habitat and big game. I hope all citizen of our great country will collectively paid for golf course to enjoy along with their good friends to play the country club.

Could be, our environments have shaped out thinking and our expectations Tri. Our view of the world is based on our environment combined with our experiences, yours may be different than ours, based on your environment and experiences. You learned your way in a State primarily privately own, and it worked for you, as you responded to it. So to have we in the public lands States, and we've learned our way in that system. You like yours and do well within it. So have we, in ours. Imagine, if you will, if the State of Texas was filing suit to remove the land owned by the private ranchers in Texas, taking over the management of these lands, for public multiple use. The very idea seems absurd. Taking private land from those that have owned and managed it for 100s of years? No way, you's say. To us in the far west, it's the same process. We and the rest of the country have been paying for and managing these lands out of our pockets, and it's just as absurd to us to suggest that we should loose our land, to someone that thinks we don't deserve it, or that we haven't paid enough for it, or are paying enough to continue to use it, as we have traditionally done. We are reacting in much the same why Texas ranchers and Texans in general would react, I dare say, we're actually acting much more civilly than I imagine Texans would, if the rolls were reversed.

So..........why are non-residents in these State charged extra and given limited hunting tags for the lands that they have been collectively paying for, for a 100 years. Because.........while the nation manages the land, it does not pay for, nor manage it's big game species. Each State determines it's populations, if there will be any, how many and where they will be located, etc. etc. State citizens pay the lions share of the costs to keep and grow the big game species on these public lands, not the citizens of the nation, not the Federal government. That was the original agreement and that's how the system has operated for the 100 years or so that it has existed. There is and always has been a separation of the public lands management and big game animals management, who pays for it and who is responsible for maintaining those animals.

I warned you it was going to be floppy, and rambling but you get the idea, as least, I hope you understand my logic, for better or worse.

Please don't wish us to fail. It's an investment you've participated in, just like us. Enjoy it, don't destroy it. Help us fix it. Public lands are a national treasure, but the are not long worth much if they are undervalued, neglected, and lock away. If we need more money to run our States, and we, as a nation want to maintain these public lands for multiple use, we need to anti-up a larger portion of our personal income to keep them and the States in which they reside viable. That does not mean we want to pay $2500, and elk $3500, antelope $2000, Bears and lions $1500, and sheep were $20,000, actually it is precisely the very reason why we need to solve the State's genuine need for increased revenue, without loosing your and my public lands to get it done.

Sometimes it's okey-dokee, if we predict a future that doesn't play out. We've all had plenty of experience with that, you'll be okay if your vision proves to be a little blurry, it happens to the best of us. ;-)

All the best my friend.
DC

Wow. That was predictable.

I find it funny many think the wildlife needs the money and the rest forget what the state wants the public lands for.

2lumpy,

I understand why public land exists and why its there. I have not been arguing about that. I have been talking about the volatility of a devalued resource and the refusal of many to recognize it EVEN AS IT BITES THEM.

Lumpy, You sure just about said it all. Ya Know, if you are telling me a story about the huge deer you shot, I don't want a detailed list of the things you packed for the hunting trip. Tri wants a partner so bad I think you even wore him down. :)

Lumpy, as long as I give you full credit for the content do you mind if I use some of that post elsewhere? Excellent analogies. Sadly it's wasted on tritip but then anything will be.

And no, I'm not stirring. I'm serious.

Tri, I know that's what your saying, and what you have been saying for months. My point is, public land, be it golf course, swimming pool, or a library, are put in place, by the people (us) who have put them in place, amongst other things, "to keep the price down".

If you belief public land hunting opportunities are under priced, for a myriad of reasons, I would agree with you. Part of the reason, and it's a good reason, is that public land hunts are not generally attempting to provide the same kind of animal and hunting environments, as private property hunts are generally offering.

In the first place, there are far fewer people hunting private property, that can be worth more, to some sportsmen.

Second, on some private properties, the percentage of mature animals are higher, worth more to some.

Third, management for not only more mature animals, but management for antlers with certain, more desirable characteristics, are found on certain private properties, (such as heavier antler configuration) again, worth more to some.

Fourth, land access and familiarity , that shorten the time of the hunt, or improve the capacity to kill, enhance the related hunting activities, create a greater value for some.

Fifth...........

In the free market, private land costs would naturally be higher. More value, more cost.

Now, have public land hunt prices kept pace with private land hunts prices? They have not, your right in that. Should they be as high, no, not by design. Will prices for public lands go up, yes, will they keep pace with private land prices. No.

One thing that is as predictable is the price of public land prices are going up, as they always have.

Private land prices are free market floats, they go up and down, to some degree, as demand and supply flex, in and out of balance. They go up, way up, as hyper demand drives them there, but they also can and will come down, as demand collapses, for any number of reasons, (lose of interest, fads change, competing opportunities, economic decline, population of the animals and humans change, etc, etc. etc.). Public prices on the other hand, historically, have not flexed up and down during the ups and downs of prices in the free market. Public land hunting prices will not ever go down, right or wrong, they won't. Free market is not how our public systems work. Hence, many believe public golf courses and public multiple use land are wrong. My last attempt to explain, is why I believe they are not wrong.

So, yes, you are prophetic, in that prices for public land hunting will increase, but if it survives, as long as there is public land to hunt, it will not be priced at private land hunting rates, because it is not providing the same value, by design.

Over and out, on this one, I've got at tee time! ;-)

DC

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-15 AT 10:38AM (MST)[p]I'd tell ya to hit em straight lump but I can read that you do.

Sorry DW, I have trouble keeping my fingers saying what's twirling through my squirrelly head, at the best of times, then, then when I let the horses run, like I did, it's get messy, obviously. :)

NVBighorn, I'd be flattered if you used anything I think or say, anytime, anywhere, please help yourself, for good or otherwise. :7

Once this stuff hits the internet, I figure it belongs to whoever want's to use it, for toilet tissue or wall paper. :D

DC

>
>NVBighorn, I'd be flattered if you
>used anything I think or
>say, anytime, anywhere, please help
>yourself, for good or otherwise.
> :7
>
>Once this stuff hits the internet,
>I figure it belongs to
>whoever want's to use it,
>for toilet tissue or wall
>paper. :D
>
>DC

Well that's true I suppose, but I wouldn't feel right claiming that as my own.

Now, if I could print tritips stuff on toilet tissue I would use it to wipe my a$$. That would be the best use for it.

I had rats in my yard once. I quit leaving the dog food out and they finally went away Just sayin...

>As I have said many times
>in the past. Why even
>respond to him?

Actually none of you have. Not one of you actually tried to answer the question.

I think deep down all of you know what I have been telling you is correct but you are too self centered to admit it. So much so you are willing to screw the next generation out of a chance to be hunters.

If tags cost thousands of dollars and the DWR and state in general were not desperate for money, do you think you would be terrified you were about to loose your public grounds?

Now wait. You've changed your argument slightly. In your original post you did not say the "state in general". You said DWR. If you just figured out the the States wanting money from the sale of land is what we are worried about then you're not very bright. THAT is exactly what it's about Einstein.

Do I feel entitled to having the land left public? Yep, damn right I do. Do I feel bad about that? Nope. Not a bit. Keep your private land worship in Texas. We don't want you here.

Tri, Tri, Tri.

If tags cost thousands of dollars, how many hunters
Would the state have?? What's PR and matching Fed
Funding in Utah?? 4 to 1?? How you gonna make up for that??

Is requiring 150,000 plus applicants to have a license
Before applying for LE permits and getting matching dollars
On mostly unsuccessful applicants a good investment??

Hunters are declining across the U.S. Drive more away and
Make sure new hunters are recruited by the anti hunters and
We won't have to worry about any of this BS. There won't be enough
Hunters left to fight off the threat.

Get this through your head Don Peay clone. Hunting in the U.S.
Is a socialist endeavor. It's why it's a success. The wildlife in most
States are owned by the people. In Utah a bit under 95% are owned
By the people. The other 5% plus 200 permits are owned by tag whores.

That's all the crony corruption we need.

interests."
Birdman 4/15/15

Well I've tried Tri but I guess I still don't understand your question.

Are you wanting to play out the following scenario :

Let's say: The DWR and the State are out of money, so they need additional revenue from every where, including State hunting licenses. So........they raise the price of general hunting licenses to, say $3,000 +/- for a mule deer tag. Thus pricing many of us, currently hunting public lands, out of mule deer hunting (out of all hunting).

Then, under those conditions, with us all, already priced out of the life style, the State proposes that the Federal public lands be transferred, to be under State management, so the State can generate much needed revenue.

So, now where current hunters are already priced out and the question is, would we care as much as we do now, at such a State proposal?

Would we be terrified and screaming not to transfer the lands and possibly sell those lands, so the State can generate the need revenue, under these circumstances?

Is that the question you want us to answer? If not, try again, cause I still don't know what the question is. You know, I'm not the brightest bulb in the gym.

But let's say that is your question, I'll answer that question, because I don't have anything more interesting to do tonight. I've already changed my sprinklers. :)

Where as you might believe this is in fact where we are headed, with the increasing cost of government, inflation, waste, politics, etc. I believe it is more of a hypothetical question than your willing to accept. (Thus your prophecy.)

I believe, in fact, the State is anticipating what your prophesying, more or less. That is, the demand for State services is increasing, and it will continue to increase. In fact the increase will accelerate, as the population and the social programs grow in these far western States. Ignoring this really will, in a relatively short time (more or less) bring financial insolvency to the State, and force it to "Do Something". One thing, to pay for the increasing cost of operating the DWR and the public hunting Agency, they will raise prices for public hunting licenses, because the general funds in the State will already be stretched beyond it limits, due to our reduced tax revenue ability, caused, in part because we can't collect taxes off the lands managed by the Federal government in our State. All true, all potential realities, if we don't recognize, anticipate, and "prevent" that future. But, fortunately, humans are not necessarily moths, drawn to the flame, regardless of the known consequence. Hence, we are where we are today, attempting to get the canoe out of the river before it goes over the falls. Having recognized the potential "disaster", our State has begun to paddle the canoe to shore, and begun to explore routes around the falls. To be sure, filing a suit with the Feds got everyone on shore's attention. Attention that very much needs to be given. But it's "NOT NECESSARY" to swat the fly off our forehead with an ax.

My contention, is, the State does not "NECESSARILY" want the land, they want increased revenue from it, they need it and they have a right to it, as the courts will most likely decide (my prophecy) but not from a land management transfer, but from a re-allocation of the revenues that are presently coming and will increasingly come, from these Federally managed lands. And.....while they are dancing and twirling and duck and jazzing through these negotiations, the State damn well better make sure no more of these public lands get moved from multiple use, into some other, more Federally restricted classification, to prevent the State from eventually being allowed to generate revenue from these land "IN OUR STATE", while continuing to allow multiple use, including public hunting and fishing access. It is possible, to hunt and harvest big game near oil and mining operations, it's done on private property all over the rest of the country. You simply need to think differently and manage differently, but you don't just throw you hands in the air and concede that "you can't have one, if you have the other".

So.......................I don't believe we'll have public land licenses go up to $3000, to make up for DWR short falls or State short falls, because I believe we are working diligently to prevent what your prophesying.

But.......it's only 9:05 p.m. so I've still got 2 or 3 more hours to play out your question, as I understand it.

Let's take this tack. Let's say your right. We run out of money in our DWR and our State in general. Prices of hunting mule deer wiggle and worm they're way up to $3000 +/- in the near future. We all give up our bad habits and take up golf, "droning", or knitting. Gone from the hunting life style. (like many already have) The State proposes they take over managing the public lands and we're so disinterested, because we're out of the life style, we could care less. Hell, that's already happened to thousands of previous hunters, for as many reasons are there are people. (not JUST because we reduced license sales to grow big antlers, sorry , couldn't resist the obvious) Now let me add a little gasoline to your fire Tri. Those that have already left and those that will need to leave because they can't afford to participate, will be bitter, angry, pissed off and vengeful and will take the attitude, more or less, that: "if I can't go, to hell with it, I hope the State does sell those public lands to the Russians to mine uranium, or the Chinese to mine coal, or DelWebb to sell beach property, because it will keep my taxes down and I can't hunt anymore anyway and it will serve the rich bast@rd right for causing hunting costs to price me out.

So........you believe that sicking sound is the silence of all us long gone hunters "NOT shrieking our terrified guts out, because, by GAWD, we've long since lost interest and don't give a sh!t, we're now whipping the horse to get it done. Is that the vision Tri?

But there's more to the vision, should your vision play out.

The more to it is this. Remember, "Free Market"? As the public land license prices increase to $3000 +/-, what's happening during the same time on the private property. If there are public land licenses selling for $3000, will private land operators set passive? I don't think so. Why? Product value.

You believe, and I believe that every public land license, could be sold for a lot more money than it is presently being sold for by the State. I believe, if all western States offered every license they had, to the "highest bidder" they would sell for hundreds, even thousands more, yes, even $3000 each. There are that many wealthy hunters in the US so that every license would being far far more that it is presently selling for.

Limited supply, high demand. Simple rule, it's real and it's dependable, in the free market world.

So the price settles in around $3000, now we've got to look over our shoulder and see what the private land owners are doing with there tags. Remember, they're better tags, more value, so the private land owner sees the price of the public land "junk" going for $3000 and he says. "hmmmm, I wonder if could get $9000 for mine, and wouldn't you know, Denny Austed and his grandchildren, lay out $81,000 and off all nine of them go to "The B bar B Ranch" in Big Buck, Utah and have a great hunt. And..............every private operator gets $20,000 to $50,0000 for every private land tag that's available. Not different than now, just different people, playing the same game, at higher prices.

We're not done yet. The State still needs it's increased revenue, the price of $3000 for a hunting license still won't build all of the roads, schools, fire departments, health care costs, old age care centers (had to get one in there for me and you) etc. So the State sues to take over management of Federally managed lands, the same concerns exist, that is the State will sell the land because it needs the tax revenue off private land, that it's not getting now.

You expect silence? You think, because those of us that were priced out when the price went up to $3000 are gone, so nobody will say anything, or be terrified, or scream? We'll.....not so faaaaast.........my friend. All these guys that have been buy these tags for $3000 can't afford to hunt for $9000, $20,000, or $50,000, so they're the ones that will now be terrified. Yes? Damn right they'll be terrified and they'll behave just like we're behaving, because they're the ones getting gutted.

So..........this batch of MM'er might not be the ones "a squalling an a bawling" but there'll be plenty of "bad behavior" just the same.

But...............the price of public land tags aren't $3000, and very good private tags aren't $50,000, and some of us are having a go at doing every thing we can, to prevent getting price out of the golf course we built over these last 100 years.

DC

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-15 AT 10:41PM (MST)[p]Regard TriState. I believe he thinks, beyond the next ten days. We all should. I've no problem with any of his ideas or opinions. May not alway agree but I like the idea that he's trying to fit all the pieces together regardless. His interaction style are not my style, not the end of my world though.

If you only take information from individuals that you agree with, or that you identify with, how are you going to consider what's in all of the corners of the boxes.

TriState has as much right to his opinions and his beliefs as any of the rest of us.

Who's interested in a public forum that is entirely one sided or only shares a narrow view of the world.

Let Tri have his opinions and express them anyway he want's to. He hasn't literally twisted off anyone's head or put a boot up anyone's back side. Who here hasn't disagreed with someone else or cussed someone or their opinion?

We all have our way of expressing ourselves, it adds to the color, the character, and the diversity of the community.

There are at least as many folks here abouts who I care little for their opinions or their approach to the subject but who am I to "holler whoa, at a horse race".

I guess it's okay if you want to bash and/or ignore him but surely you can't be serious when you wish "he'd put a sock in it".

TriState, piper, 440, eel, BCat, RELH, overton, 1911, PleaseDear, ww, elkun, grizzly, huntin50, hossblur,cannonball, BuzzH, birdman, elkfromabove, John-The-Bastard,NVBighorn, txhunter58, TopGun, DW, Beanman, Zeke, gater, shotgun1, Deerlove, sageadvice, all full of pisz and vinegar, all willing put it out and lay it down. Not a one sees the world from the same eyes, what an amazing collection of humanity. Hunters all, passionate to a fault, men that are the glue the keeps the entire system on track.

I look in on a half dozen other forums, they're boring, they lack participation, they're stale and rarely generate a meaningful conversation. Most not worth the time to log in.

We're all here because we like what guys like Tri does and that they don't wimp out and sulk off when you bust their chops. We aught to give the guy a little credit for the density of his hide, if nothing else. Ya, I got it, somebody's going to jump on that too, love it. :7 Different doesn't necessarily constitute dense-isity.

The ONLY reason I'm here, is because you're all here. You got my support Tri. Wail away brother, you're adding spice to the salad, and you're keeping Founder in beans

DC

I was having an unusually fruitful round DW, made two great blasts out of two traps, pin high, 5 foot putts, count'n the cash. Then comes the trap on nine. Four crippling attempts in a row. Sand from one end of that green to the other. Just picked it up and booted my towel to the pick-up!

But............. I had a great time, with 3 old has-beens, far more crippled than me! :7

Shot three sets of trap last night, busted 69 out of 75, in a tranquil sun set. Played eight great holes today. (Screw the ninth!) Put a coat of resin on the new floor in my old boat on Monday. Planning a RZR trip, to secret brook trout, honey hole in morning.

Hell it's fun to be me.

Thanks for check'n DW!

Can't wait for tomorrow, I get better looking every day!

DC

Ahh life on the beach, I spend a little time there myself every round. But it beats workin!:D

Long ago I told you guys if you did not increase the value of your big game big game was going to lose out. Now it can possibly happen. The state recognizes an opportunity to suck in more revenue by taking control of public lands. How they do it doesn't matter or which fiscal stream for that matter.

Now they hear people crying for preservation of their public lands and they look to see who it is. You know what they see is a bunch of welfare hunters who by your very own words are operating on a socialist system. The DWR is constantly on the verge of being broke and they are starting to realize public land hunters are nothing more than a pain in their asses. They realize they can kill two birds with one stone. First they can finally get a surge in the bank account and second they will wipe out the tic that has been stuck to their butts since they took office. Its a win win for them. Fewer hunters will mean fewer headaches and more money.

Conversely if yall had made big game hunting a profitable venture for the state they would now have to make a very calculated choice of whether it is worth loosing out on hunter's money to try and get this other money. But yall already made that choice for them.

2lumpy,

I understand everything you are talking about but I think the state can actually find out the exact number that a tag needs to cost and charge it. It could take a few years to get it right but it can be done. One other thing you need to remember also is if they re-invest in the deer herd or restrict access to maximize trophy quality more money can be generated for more higher priced tags in the future. There fore that price can swing up or down. Similarly other states could follow the same model which would put each state within direct competition with each other for your dollars while increasing supply and therefore driving the prices down. There are a lot of variables that could make the prices go either way. There is no reason to be afraid of any of it.

The state of Utah saw a $300 Million surplus this year. The state isn't "hurting for money"...

State officials that have proposed that currently-federal public lands should be state-controlled public lands would have my whole-hearted support, except, we all know that once in the hands of the state, there is a possibility they decide to sell said lands... or lease them possibly for resources... That uncertainty is what has us all balking at the idea. We'd rather continue with the access we currently have than risk losing it just to allow the state to control it. Now, if it were state-controlled, state-maintained, and was all put into a Trust or something that could guarantee it remains public for say, 1000 years, then I think we could support it.

The issue has nothing to do with the DWR Tristate. And simple economics tells us that raising the price of a thing does not guarantee an increase in "profits" to the seller... The DWR, like any business, needs to identify that "sweet spot" where they are able to maximize the quantity of tags sold and the price they charge for them.

The numbers you provided are so astronomical, their revenues would undoubtedly go down because they couldn't sell enough tags... As with the taxes in this country, the top 1% CANNOT support the rest of us.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Pig, you are truly a delusional jackass. It must be really miserable to be a jealous, butthurt, city dwelling, pitiful little man like you.

A big city boy like you from TexASS has absolutely no clue on the goings on in the west. Every time you open your pie hole only confirms that. Stick to your big city life, pay for your leases, hire your guides to wipe your city boy a$$ and hold your hand so you don't get lost, and let us westerners worry about our public lands.

Now excuse me while I finish my breakfast. Then I'm going to walk across some public land to access the Henrys Fork and wait for the Blue Wings to come off. You try to have a good day and do whatever it is you TexASS big city people do.

You don't get it Browningrage, its about VALUE! People protect things that have value even if it doesn't effect them. POLITICIANS NOTICE AND PROTECT VALUE. It has everything to do with the DWR. It has everything to do with value.

You can freak out and argue about the amount of money and that's fine but you have missed the point. Sure maybe the deer tag is only worth $2200 dollars or maybe you could sell every single one for $4500. That's not the point. The point is a deer tag is worth a hellavu lot more than $400 and you know it but you are too selfish to pay what its worth. Now your deer hunting will suffer.

Since the state has a surplus WHAT ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT?

BrowningRage, you are right. In all economics, there is a point of diminishing return. Idaho raised their NR tag fees a few years ago about $50 and saw an overall decrease in revenue. They used to sell out of certain elk and deer tags every year by June, now they changed the law to let Residents buy "extra" tags at NR prices just to try and get them sold. The higher prices combined with competition from wolves (or habitat degradation in the case of the public lands debate) exceeded the fair-market-value of a deer/elk tag in Idaho.

Grizzly

LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-15 AT 11:43AM (MST)[p]Yes, Tri, all those "coulds" you mentioned could happen, but to be equally couldzy, they "could not" just as well.

Regarding Utah's surplus. $3 hundred million over budget today, $3 hundred million short tomorrow. Five years ago, after the inflated housing market crashed and brought the US economy down, Utah was millions short, cutting services and State budgets fast and furious. Happens all the time. As we grow and our economy becomes larger, the hits become more tenuous and larger in size. When in history hasn't the national and State economy boom and bust? 1893 crash, 1929 crash, 1973 crash, 2005 crash (date might not be perfect, but you get the idea.)

Tri, buddy, we get it too, we understand you see our municipal golf course as welfare. We see it as a wise decision, made a 100 years ago, to protect and re-grow far west, when the free market system was not getting it done, due to the population and the geographic realities of the far west State. Your judging our nature and our present condition from a static point in time, without considering the conditions and the realities of the pass, the realities that, set the course for what you consider to be the public lands far west's public trough. We too have know way of knowing what these State would look like or what these mountains an deserts would look like today, if the Feds and the States hadn't created the Fed public lands system a 100 years ago. Suffice to say, to the people here 100 years ago, the future apparently looked pretty bleak, or they sure as hell would not have asked Texans and Floridians to have a say in who we run our limited State's resources. Does it make sense that we'd have just handed these lands over to the rest of the country, and the rest of the country would of agreed to "put us on welfare", if both parties, 100 years ago hadn't rationally, considered it necessary? Does erosion, lawlessness, dusty empty ranges, wind blown sand, massive floods, dried up river beds, stretching from Nebraska to the Pacifica coast, paint a very desirable place to hunt to you? Apparently it didn't to the folks 100 years ago either.

So, it's here, it's been here for a 100 years, it's worked, we still have a desirable place to hunt and fish and "live". It was a smart thing, that the nation decide to do a 100 years ago, it improved a declining conditions and it got us to where we are today. Were there others ways to have done it. We could speculate that forever, and it don't matter, because, what's done is done, and all that matters now is that we do from here on.

We understand the public land tag prices are under valued. As I said, it's by design.

The public golf courses green fees are under valued, the cost to drive down your Texas freeways are under valued, the cost of a postage stamp is under valued. That's why we built these systems. How many private country clubs can podunk Dusty Cove, Texas, with it's meager population of 7,000 have. One or a thousand. Because, if one multimillion are can afford it, he can build it and play "lonely golf" on it. So could a thousand, if a thousand multimillions lived in Dusty Cove. But......there aren't 2000 wealth software developers or oil barons in Dusy Cove, to come together, to pool their wealth and build a country club to golf at. So the three rich guys that do live there, and the 6,997 middle income and poor folks decide they want a golf course, so the rich and the poor can all hack at golf ball in a sand trap. But, the systems say's you can't just arbitrarily raise taxes and force every body to anti-up. You hold an election and ask people if they want a golf course, if the majority want one, everybody gets to pay a very small amount, build the course and chose to play or not play golf, "AT AN UNDERVALUED PRICE". Some from Dusty Cove play, some don't, they use the library, that a golfer never goes near.

IT'S THE FRICKING SAME IN TEXAS.

Texas has undervalued golf courses, Utah has under valued hunting lands. Y'all want to keep your undervalued golf courses. We'all, want to keep our undervalued hunting lands. When, y'all decide your fed up with undervalued golf, then y'all have a stronger argument for wanting us to give up our undervalued hunting lands.

Tri, it's just find for you to want what ya want, we'll exercise the same human nature.

You see us a moth to the flame, based on inevitably getting forced over the falls in a rudderless canoe, like Texans, we have a little spunk, on occasion, as well.

We many not have been around to put the public lands Federal management deal in place, but we've suffered under it along with you and the rest of the country, not be cause we personally choice it but we adapted to it for a 100 years, and yes invested in it, for sure, it's what we were required to work with, we like it, we're going to fight to keep it, all be it, it my have some kinks in the operationally duties in the future.

Time will tell how political erosion shapes our futures. Past political erosion certain has left it's marks, wouldn't you say Tri?

DC

2lumpy,

Wait eighteen years for each round of golf you get to play and see how well you think your public golf is working then.

Nope, don't want to.

Not waiting 18 years to hunt either Tri.

Don't need to golf on a country club and by the same token, don't need to hunt on highly restricted private property either.

Having said that, I wouldn't care to golf in a gravel pit either, nor do I want to hunt a piece of property stripped of it's wildlife. There are tools at our disposal that allow us to have country clubs, gravel pits, and municipal golf courses. Same is true for hunting properties.

Takes work, takes money, takes time, take desire, take ingenuity, take cooperation, takes good thinkers, like you, takes "a few people" that simply won't give in to it.

There were a lot more Benedict Arnolds than there were George Washingtons Tri. The Arnold group lost, but they don't always loose, so stay vigilant.

DC

I think Tristate fails to realize that hunters ARE NOT the only ones who have an interest in this public land debate. He believes that sportsmen, predominantly hunters are the only ones who are afraid that the lands would be sold to the highest bidder.

Hikers, bikers, horsemen, gun enthuisists who go plinking on public land, rock hunters, people who annually harvest a x-mas tree etc all stand to lose access to a place that interests them. Once this national debate progresses and all outdoor enthuisists who live in the western states, along with tourist realize that this change could have a significant affect there lifestly and quality of life, they will punish the politicians who vote against there desires.

Public land studies show that 67% of western states resident are against this. They just have not yet realized that are a few votes away from losing there right to access and receate on public land.

Good lard, hey Tri, cant you go back to campaigning for Shelia jackson lee and leave Utah alone.

Small, not so secret, secret for you. If the second biggest land owner in the state would simply PAY taxes the state would be awash in cash. The LDS church owns a pile of land, pays almost zero, or in some cases zero taxes. The state legistature and gov office is mormon ran, so when the state "takes control from the feds" who do you think will gobble up a pile of that land, and NOT PAY TAXES. See Tri, just like I don't understand what North Mexico(i mean texas) is doing, you have not a clue what happens here.

If deer tags were $2500, the DWR would go broke. The value of something is what people will pay, not what you hope to charge. My guess is you don't charge $100,000 dollars for a deer mount, not because you wouldn't like to make that, but because no one would pay you that.

Econ 101, the market sets the price. There isn't a market for $2500 deer tags, so they don't cost $2500.

The land issue and the DWR have zero to do with one another. In Utah the DWR is mostly self funded, the state getting a pile of money doesn't help the DWR.

So in short, and once again, your WRONG.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-15 AT 08:23AM (MST)[p]Try to auction a general deer tag in UT for $2500...

Good luck with that.

The only thing you've "proved" is your own stupidity.

OK BuzzH lets play math. If Utah were to sell 20,000 deer tags at $400 a piece that would generate $8,000,000. To get that same $8 mill in revenue they could sell only 3200 tags at $2500 a piece. Therefore the state has decreased its tag cost by %84 percent while keeping its gross the same. Meaning the state has more profit from each tag. I GUARANTEE IF THERE ARE ONLY 3200 DEER TAGS IN YOUR STATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WILL FETCH THE $2500. Within three years I bet you could get twice that amount.

Learn how to run a business on profit and not gross BUZZH.

Maybe not Buzz,

I've been looking in on the Montana regular season deer tags.

In 2010 they sold non-res tags for around $350. Now they are $542.

The non-res draw application dropped like a rock but they put the left over non-reg tags on a "first come first serve" list. All the tags sold, for $542, I suppose.

Now let's go back 30 years. 1985, Montana non-res tags were around $100, give or take a few dollars.

That's a 500% increase in tags, in 30 years.

In another thirty years, tags that sell for $542 now, inflating at the same rate as the last 30 years, puts them at........$2,710.

I don't think Tri is suggesting or predicting general season tags will sell for $3000 tomorrow, but he's saying they have been, for the last 30 years "trending" much higher than they are selling for now, so he thinks their "valued" too low.

I agree, to a lesser degree with Tri, the State could wring more money out of their general season tags, right now. He thinks they should, I guess, because, in a free market they should be allowed bring what ever the market will bear.

We didn't build the golf course to wring out every dollar the market will bear. We built it for one reason, to preserve wildlife and in addition to that, to preserve them, not for the viewing public but for the consuming public and, that is for the politically nasty term, "SPORT HUNTING".

While others, from all corners of the country, were contributing to preserve the far western lands for reasons other than hunting, a segment of the public was focused an invested in the the "SPORTING HUNTING" benefits for multiple use. We craved that golf course out of the "deal". Others carved out mines, lumber, water, livestock, etc. etc. And they did it, not because they wanted to pay "MARKET VALUE" for those products, they did is so they could generate those products for "LESS THAN MARKET VALUE". The same damn reasons, the Texas public builds themselves CITY PARKS IN DALLAS.

Tri want's purity, it seems, as some see it, in their version of "free market". He's not alone in his vision.

Not everyone that supports multiple use as a mean to participate in "UNDERVALUED HUNTING TAGS" is a socialist. "UNDERVALUE" products do not "absolutely" mean socialism. Example. My local grocery store offers "Their Brand" of products, they are considerably cheaper than the national name brand such as Green Giants, and Del Monte, but their quality is different as well, not as tasty, more water, less veggies, tougher to chew, etc. The products are still corn, beats, peas, green beans etc but they are the same as the corn, beats, peas, green beans as the national brands sell. As a free market consumer I can still buy one or the other, free to buy what I can afford and what I choose. Same when I go to buy a deer tag, I can buy a better one from a private land owner, or I can buy one of "LESSER VALUE" on a a multiple use public land section. It's still a free market, for me as a consumer.

There is a lot of ground between totalitarianism and anarchy, socialism and free enterprise are out away from both ends of the line, we're all spread across it somewhere, he may be right of me but I guarandamntee you he's not as far right as some are, and I'm not as far left as he might think.

Not so sure about you........;-)

Oh, to be sure...........all things are political, absolutely no doubt about that, is there Buzz. No doubt about that!

DC

Very true Tri. Can't argue with your math, it's exact.

Many of us citizens aren't interested in that kind of "limited country club" Tri. Those type of golf course are out there now, doing good business. The State golf course is a "public" course. Not a profit center. The public swimming pool in your community isn't a profit center, but Gold's Gym, is. Sure, if you raised the price of going to the pubic pool to $400 a week, and the city improves the public pool and make it competitive with the Gold's Gym, but the vast majority of the public, for which the pool was built would not have access to it. The city would make a profit........... that was never and is not now the objective of those citizens that voted themselves a tax increase to build the pool.

In that cast, why don't we let the greenies have the pool and to hell with the rest of us, gone is gone Tri, it don't matter to me if the greenies get it or the private sector get's, it become "VALUELESS TO ME".

DC

In a sentence - More money to hunt means fewer guns and fewer guns may mean no guns. The vote is getting closer IE: Australia, and England and history says it could happen here.

2lumpy,

I am aware of why the public hunting was created and why you and others hope to keep it as is. However if it is kept as is you should not be surprised when it is kicked to the curb by ambitious companies or individuals who have a more profitable vision for the resources also found there. You are in competition with those other resources and uses whether we want to admit it or not.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-15 AT 02:59PM (MST)[p]It's good for the legs and lungs CB, keeps you trim and in fighting form, because.........there is a Main Event, some were, some place, every day.

I'm not much of an exercise for Tri but he's given me a work out, why would I get in a practice ring with somebody that can't throw a punch.

Tri, you said:

"kept as is you should not be surprised when it is kicked to the curb by ambitious companies or individuals who have a more profitable vision for the resources also found there. You are in competition with those other resources and uses whether we want to admit it or not."

Once again, your absolutely right, and you should be commended, not ridiculed for speaking the truth.

Collis Potter Huntington, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet, George Soros, John D. Rockefeller, Cornelius Vanderbilt, Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford and J.P. Morgan rose from obscurity and all are considered "free market" heros, when in reality they are and were monopolists that used the free enterprise system to stifle and control free enterprise.

I will not be surprised, nor am I surprised, by any thing people do for money, which leads to power, which lead to control, and I'm not surprise at what folks do when they get control. Not one bit surprised.

I'm not one that has ever, no never, said, "Oh.......he/she/they would never do that!" My experience is, while somebodies saying that, the other guy is doing exactly what most folks believe a person would never do. In the most innocent or heinous of issues, the degree of disgust has nothing what ever to do with our ability to do the "Damnest" things.

Prepare for the worse, my friends, so you can sleep when the wind blows. That's Tri's message, I hope he's giving it as a warning not as a threat, but either way, he's right.

So your next question, "How am I preparing for the worst."

You have to go why back in the "land transfer discussions" where I said, again, and again, and again. ELECT THE RIGHT POLITICIANS, AND DON'T DO IT AT THE POLLS, DO IT BEFORE THOSE THAT WOULD ABUSE/SELL ALL OUR PUBLIC LANDS TO BE SOLD TO GEORGE SOROS OR WARREN BUFFET, TO EVER GET ON THE FRICKEN BALLET.

Take the potential out of the playing field, before they ever get to work their magic.

That's where I'm putting my 2 cents.

DC

Ha Ha, LMFAO. I'm gonna go ahead and take the liberty
Of adding the Koch Brothers to your list their LUMP.
Would hate to see ALEC and CITIZENS UNITED
Not represented.

interests."
Birdman 4/15/15

I would also be shafting all of us if we didn't include
ALC ( American Lands Council ) and its leader Ken Ivory,
Yep, same Ivory Family. And his Teflon goon Mike Noel.

interests."
Birdman 4/15/15

I understand what your plan is 2lumpy and that is much the same as we have seen for the past decade. The problem I see when I looked at the other thread was people were writing letters to their congressman with no logic or numbers and all feeling. If we want to influence politics we have to influence money and value. That is what our politicians pay attention to. If we just write e-mails talking about how much we want something and don't show the politicians why they NEED the same thing we are more than likely wasting time.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-15 AT 07:07PM (MST)[p]Your most definately correct in your assessment of the posts made by the folks, but what we don't know is what they may or may not be doing beyond their e-mails.

Some are members of groups, RMEF, DU, MDF, etc. I'm a member of more than one of these groups, one being, SFW, (big surprise eh). As groups we can add pressure and have exponential (sort of) influence beyond our individual e-mails. These groups are active on this issue, as they as they are on wolves, sage grouse, water rights, etc, etc. You know Tri, as well as I SCI swings a big stick, in many countries of the world. They get things done. NRA, gets things done. Individuals can, but those individual are rare 500 pound sh!t throwing gorillas, not too many of those around, so most individuals don't have much impact.

Which is way I've been saying, for years now, get organized and get to work. Go right after those political positions and the people running for office or the people in office.

Personally, I lack the intelligence or the density of skin to ever run for office but I darn sure know how influence the guys that do, and I do it, BUT NOT ALONE. If I'm going to go after something or someone, I'm taking an organize army with me.

Join with what ever 500 pound gorilla fits your saddle but pick one and get moving, so this sucker comes out the other end with something we can live with, if or when it comes to that. And............don't think you can't influence the group you join, I do, every time I want to. You can too.

DC

>I understand what your plan is
>2lumpy and that is much
>the same as we have
>seen for the past decade.
> The problem I see
>when I looked at the
>other thread was people were
>writing letters to their congressman
>with no logic or numbers
>and all feeling. If
>we want to influence politics
>we have to influence money
>and value. That is
>what our politicians pay attention
>to. If we just
>write e-mails talking about how
>much we want something and
>don't show the politicians why
>they NEED the same thing
>we are more than likely
>wasting time.

Here's a good opportunity to weigh in.

http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/info/newsroom/2015/april/interior_department.html

Heck of a lot better place to concentrate than with state reps. Tri, you're a Texas fella who's down here in the O&G capitol. Do those figures in that link make you think energy companies would ever want anything to change?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-15 AT 01:12AM (MST)[p]>
>
>Join with what ever 500 pound
>gorilla fits your saddle but
>pick one and get moving,
>so this sucker comes out
>the other end with something
>we can live with, if
>or when it comes to
>that. And............don't think you
>can't influence the group you
>join, I do, every time
>I want to. You
>can too.
>
>DC

DC, okay, now you've said you don't want the land transfer, that you're a member of SFW, and that you can influence them anytime you want to.

Do us all a favor and get them to join the Sportsmen's Pledge and fight the land grab. Even the big money Dallas Safari Club is speaking out against this fraud and those guys are almost all big money guys. The average DSC guy makes SFW look like lowly backwoods trailer trash. But they're not too good for public land. And they're freaking from Texas, the place with so little public land that it costs $25 just to ride a dirt bike in some places.

Make sure to call Mike Noel (I'll pm you his cell phone if you want) and explain how a taxidermist from Texas says we should cut deer tags and raise the price by $2000, too. Just don't do any real research and see what happened when Idaho raised their tag fees a nominal amount and had so many leftover tags that they actually had a reduction in revenue and now sell NR tags to Residents as "extra" tags trying to make up the cost. Be sure to pull up an inflation calculator and tell him what the value of the dollar will be in 2050, too. He'll want to hear that for sure.

Mike Noel and Ken Ivory couldn't care less about the cost of a deer tag, they just want to be reelected, stay in power, and make themselves and their donors rich. It's greed. Nothing more.

Grizzly

Txpackmule,

Absolutely nothing in this thread is about changing the minds of energy companies. I think you have misunderstood something.

Grizzly,

I see you are still more worried about killing deer than managing deer. Your kids won't thanks you later.

I always love TRI's version of free market. He is for a free market for you. He supports cronyism first though. SFW should be given tags because they are pollitically connected. CWMU should get theres. The banquets should get theres. THEN whats left over should go on the open market. See TRI, this is how Russia is run, the connected take the cream, for free because they are connected. The rest is left for the "free market", then as it fails their is an outcry against the free market.

If you want to auction tags, great. ALL OF THEM. Across the board. EXACT SAME RULES for EVERYONE. No points, no waiting, NO GUARANTEED TAGS. I support that 100%. You know who doesn't, Deseret Land and Livestock, Mossback, SFW, MDF, Rulon Jones, Todd Black, etc, etc. See TRI, in a free market, Deseret potentially looses repeat buisness. Without waiting periods, and without guaranteed tags, old deep pocket might decide to buy a tag elsewhere. Its that repeat buisness that generates the market. Those CWMU tags are a bypass around the system that otherwise would require 5 years between tags. They are a give away to the wealthy and/or connected(see cronyism).

Without the welfare tags, SFW ceases to exist. In a truly open market, they would compete for resources with other groups, who don't cater to SFW's clientele. Without that welfare, SFW would need to produce results in order to continue, not simply sell their access to the politcal class(see cronyism.)

On the open market, that Deseret tag might go for $15k, or if they aren't producing maybe $200. That variation, and the RISK of the free market system would make NON land holders, simply middlemen like Todd Black, simple subcontractors. Most likely they too would go away because their connection to the wealthy is only of value is those wealthy buy that tag. The system would flip from Deseret or Ensign has "X" ammount of tags per year and I work for them, to IF you buy this tag let me guide you, you know ACTUAL FREE MARKET COMPETITION, not connections(see cronyism)

So, I am with TRI, accross the board, 100% open market for tags, simple supply and demand.

But TRI, it won't ever happen, too many millions have been spent buying politicians in Utah, the investment will not be abandoned. REAL free market capitalism, levels playing fields, not one of the listed above want that.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

Do you not know how to read? I never said that banquets and SFW have to get theirs too. In fact I specifically said I am completely fine with the state auctioning every single one of them, themselves! Whenever I say that, everybody on hear screams the state either can't or won't do it.

Hossblur,

If you want to beat the drum for the state to auction %100 of the tags themselves you won't have any louder backer than myself.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom