The place is going to Pot

eelgrass

Long Time Member
At a time when legalized marijuana sales are rising nationally, state police in Oregon last week seized 500,000 pounds of illegal marijuana in a bust outside Medford, Oregon, that they estimated had a street value of $500 million, police said.

Smoke em up eelman!! Best the bust in legalized states. Colorado' s similar. Makes me scratch my head 'WTF". So in the mean time ima gonna chow of these here cheetos.

Willie finally had to quit smoking pot apparently he is too old? Maybe he can't remember the words to the songs anymore...LOL

I haven't done that since the 70's. I know a lot of people who got rich growing it. And I know a lot who use it.

The town I live near just voted to allow dispensaries last April. The illusion of all the neat things they'll get with the tax revenue fooled 1 more than those against.?

The town I live near just voted to allow dispensaries last April. The illusion of all the neat things they'll get with the tax revenue fooled 1 more than those against.?
I don't care how the state cooks the books it will be a net loss. And a legal dispensary will never make it financially, so none of them are completely legal. Unless you grow your own you don't know what you're buying or even if it's gone through the inspection process and safe to use. Hint: It doesn't. None of the infrastructure is in place to enforce any of it.

I don't care how the state cooks the books it will be a net loss. And a legal dispensary will never make it financially, so none of them are completely legal. Unless you grow your own you don't know what you're buying or even if it's gone through the inspection process and safe to use. Hint: It doesn't. None of the infrastructure is in place to enforce any of it.
A lot of misinformation in this post but it’s all good as it’s the internet ?

I grew up in the 60s - 70s. Never tried the stuff because it didn't interest me. My first helo wreck was a direct result of folks growing pot south of Yosesmite. Bastards, they shot at us. Local SO took care of things. NV and CO both have legal pot. Most of the locals in NV don't care. Some of the locals near Saguache are beginning to figure out it isn't such a good deal. Kinda makes me wonder what the differences are.

Retired from the Navy and not a single tatoo because it didn't interest me either.

Single malt...well, I have a couple bottles on the fridge.

I grew up in the 60s - 70s. Never tried the stuff because it didn't interest me. My first helo wreck was a direct result of folks growing pot south of Yosesmite. Bastards, they shot at us. Local SO took care of things. NV and CO both have legal pot. Most of the locals in NV don't care. Some of the locals near Saguache are beginning to figure out it isn't such a good deal. Kinda makes me wonder what the differences are.

Retired from the Navy and not a single tatoo because it didn't interest me either.

Single malt...well, I have a couple bottles on the fridge.
Every man lives but not every man lives

You can not believe what it is like living next to a grow. 3 1/2 acre cartel grow got busted 400 yards from my place. They came in with a chipper and destroyed all the weed. Arrested a dozen or so people, they were out and back the next day. They are squatters on the property, the owner died a couple years ago. My understanding is the place is bank owned but with covid banks are ignoring this type of thing because it is to hard to evict people. Since the bust they have set fire to the house twice, completely burning it down the second time. Now they are in tents and trailers, the trash is piling up, and lord only knows where they go to the bathroom.

It was apparently Chinese organized crime here and up in Grand Junction. I guess they think because it’s been legalized people quit watching. I see where they are also In Oklahoma.

The legal pot grows do not approve of the illegal ones. Capitalism is the true universal tongue.

If they are back the next day should be easy to get them again. #beagoodneighbor
They shredded all their weed. They don't want the criminals. There is no money in locking up "Trimigrants"

By the way, I was a good neighbor. I set up my spotting scope on my back porch so the sheriff could see what was going on.

It was apparently Chinese organized crime here and up in Grand Junction. I guess they think because it’s been legalized people quit watching. I see where they are also In Oklahoma.

The legal pot grows do not approve of the illegal ones. Capitalism is the true universal tongue.
Many Californians moved to Oklahoma for that reason. Cheap land and ignorant local government.

If the legal grower turns in the illegal grower, as they should, good luck. I'm sure they don't sleep well at night, even with the extra hired security.

A lot of hidden costs in legal marijuana.

Tried to show it to em Eel. Even our idiot mayor voted in favor.

I remember raiding a large grow about 1 mile from my home. They had 5 armed guards and one of the guards was a son of a FBI agent. Two others were active in IDPA pistol matches. We sneaked in and caught them "off guard" pun intended.
They also ratted out the grower who was picked up later in the Bay area.
RELH

You can not believe what it is like living next to a grow. 3 1/2 acre cartel grow got busted 400 yards from my place. They came in with a chipper and destroyed all the weed. Arrested a dozen or so people, they were out and back the next day. They are squatters on the property, the owner died a couple years ago. My understanding is the place is bank owned but with covid banks are ignoring this type of thing because it is to hard to evict people. Since the bust they have set fire to the house twice, completely burning it down the second time. Now they are in tents and trailers, the trash is piling up, and lord only knows where they go to the bathroom.
Hopefully you don't live downstream...

We had some farm workers move in next door to my parents long ago. The farmer owned the home so he put his daughter up there as well as another family living in the garage. There was a small hill between the 2 10,000 sq ft lots which was perfect for the pickers to **** on. Dad called the Sheriff several times and it stopped. It wasn't until the garage caught on fire did my parents decide it was time to move after 35 years of living there. Pretty sad.....

I have no idea if they smoked weed or not. I know they grew strawberries so it's kind of relevant.

The legal market is not working out all that well here in the Emerald Triangle. The natives are restless. Read some of the comments.

It would be like if I was a commercial fisherman and tried to compete with a bunch of poachers. I have regulations and a limited quota and they have free run to catch as many as they want and don't have any overhead. Right now only the fools are trying to grow legally. The State has no business making laws and regulations when they don't have the ability to enforce them.

RISING TAXES AND DROPPING PRICES: CANNABIS FARMERS GATHER IN SOHUM TO DISCUSS POSSIBLE ACTIONS​

The legal market is not working out all that well here in the Emerald Triangle. The natives are restless. Read some of the comments.

It would be like if I was a commercial fisherman and tried to compete with a bunch of poachers. I have regulations and a limited quota and they have free run to catch as many as they want and don't have any overhead. Right now only the fools are trying to grow legally. The State has no business making laws and regulations when they don't have the ability to enforce them.

RISING TAXES AND DROPPING PRICES: CANNABIS FARMERS GATHER IN SOHUM TO DISCUSS POSSIBLE ACTIONS​

Over a billion dollars a year in tax revenue? Someone‘s making money in the weed biz.

I can only speak for my little corner of the world. Growers in Bakersfield may have a different experience.

Who says we deep fry EVERYTHING???

F447D914-C78E-4B4D-9DE6-BF3ADBA01A85.jpeg

At a time when legalized marijuana sales are rising nationally, state police in Oregon last week seized 500,000 pounds of illegal marijuana in a bust outside Medford, Oregon, that they estimated had a street value of $500 million, police said.

500,000 pounds of weed!! Those must have been in big bales.

Huh? Chinese Mafia in Grand Junction? I hadn’t heard.

Huh? Chinese Mafia in Grand Junction? I hadn’t heard.
This one says it was mexicans. I could have sworn I read that they confiscated a ryder truck driven by Chinese nationals. Won’t be the last time I’m wrong today.

Here’s one on the Chinese in my hood.

This one says it was mexicans. I could have sworn I read that they confiscated a ryder truck driven by Chinese nationals. Won’t be the last time I’m wrong today.

Here’s one on the Chinese in my hood.

Yah, I heard about some mexicans growing on islands on the Colorado river. Both upstream and downstream of me.

The state gets no revenue from illegal grass. They'll probaby sell the confiscated stuff to the legal retailers now. :ROFLMAO:
I always thought it was odd that very few grows get busted until harvest time and after it's packaged for sale. Then they swoop in and it magically disappears. I wonder how often this happens?

I always thought it was odd that very few grows get busted until harvest time and after it's packaged for sale. Then they swoop in and it magically disappears. I wonder how often this happens?

That's pretty unusual. I wonder what happens to it?

"I always thought it was odd that very few grows get busted until harvest time and after it's packaged for sale. Then they swoop in and it magically disappears. I wonder how often this happens?"

I am sure this happens but in our area it is a year round job. Here in Southern Oregon the sheriffs department gets funding from the state to have Marijuana task forces. Here in Josephine county there are 3 officers that only work on this and nothing else. I know they do not wait for harvest season, I have seen there truck mounted chipper in action.

There is a crazy amount of red tape in busting these illegal grows. You would think they could just look up the address and compare it to the permits but it is not that easy. Many of the illegal grows are hidden in hemp fields. It is difficult for them to get the warrants they need to test the plants. The grow on our street was behind a plastic fence. You could smell the weed but you could not see it. Everyone knows it is there but that is not enough to get a search warrant, and no, they cannot use drones or helicopters to take a peek. Many times they will go through the building department. It is easier to get a warrant to inspect illegal structures. Once on the property to inspect the structures they get the information they need to get the warrants for the illegal weed. Last I heard there are 1700 complaints in Josephine and Jackson Counties. That is a lot of work for the handful of deputies given the task of enforcing the marijuana laws.

eel, I’m not interested in going to pot but how’s the price of your bacon these days. Maybe the Mrs. would enjoy the smell of live bacon.

If not, the offer to swap bacon for Metacarecinus magister is still very much on the table. I’ll be available right after my hernia surgery in January........

eel, I’m not interested in going to pot but how’s the price of your bacon these days. Maybe the Mrs. would enjoy the smell of live bacon.

If not, the offer to swap bacon for Metacarecinus magister is still very much on the table. I’ll be available right after my hernia surgery in January........
I'm scheduled to go puke my guts out Saturday. Right now the forecast is for 7' swells every 13 seconds so it might not be too bad. It might take a ton of bacon to make that trade. :)

I'm scheduled to go puke my guts out Saturday. Right now the forecast is for 7' swells every 13 seconds so it might not be too bad. It might take a ton of bacon to make that trade. :)
Oh ya, what a sacrifice.......... you have my up most sympathy...... NOT!

Bacon seeds? :ROFLMAO:
Mmmm, pigs are........... pigs, marijuana fattened bacon........ now that’s a market of unknown quantity ......

you two jokers may have stumbled onto a commodity with greater potential than baby carrots in a plastic sack!

I hate to tell you this, but that's a male pot. See the two little balls down by the handle? You better stick to bacon. I'll trade.
Geez, no wonder I ain't had much luck. I planted it two years ago, but it kinda just sits there. :(

Oh, and if any of you are putting up Christmas lights, please do not hang any flasing red & blue ones. Everytime I come around a corner and see them, I think it's the police & have a panic attack. I have to brake hard, toss my beer out the window, hide the weed, fasten my seatbelt, throw the phone down, turn down the radio & push the gun under the seat, all while trying to drive. That's just too much drama for Christmas.

crabs for pork Lumpy is that what you are saying. Right now because of the ban on traps because of the whales migrating through crab is $30 a pound
We are used to $2.50 or $3 on the dock

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom