The Last Time You.....

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
When was the Last Time You: Went to the Library .... ?
Way back in the Late 1800's I lived in the School Library then later, College Library. Yes, I did review the National Geographic's .... Some of you may remember doing such.

Well, let's hear your guesses on the last time in a Library.

Jagerdad :)

Gunnihunter, educate me on what audio books is like and how does such connect into ones vehicle...?

It is wonderful that you brought this topic up. My eyesight has gone to near zero due to Diabetes yet some days is far better. My eldest Daughter brought me a gift last week. It has some contraption that you talk to then another contraption reads you a Book aloud.

I have not opened either box. Trying to do so kinda hurts my self knowledge as to how broken down I am.

I am making many Posts of late because finally, I can actually see the screen. Gunnihunter, I wish we knew one another.

Jagerdad

Well, I live in California so.....lol

Our County Library is located down by the bay, aka the homeless highway. It's more a place for homeless, tweakers, dealers, and prostitutes to hang out than a place to check out books. A friend of mine is the night janitor at the library. He's seen it all.

I use our local library a lot. The inter library system allows you to get titles from other library’s if your’s doesn’t have them.

Last edited:
been a year or so....would do like beanman...except my wife works for Exxon now...so I'm like Homer just buy'em on Amazon..have my own personal huge library...

Jager, so you're the guy who caused the National Geographic's to be kept behind the counter........ahhhh, dreaming of Africa.

Gunnihunter, educate me on what audio books is like and how does such connect into ones vehicle...?

It is wonderful that you brought this topic up. My eyesight has gone to near zero due to Diabetes yet some days is far better. My eldest Daughter brought me a gift last week. It has some contraption that you talk to then another contraption reads you a Book aloud.

I have not opened either box. Trying to do so kinda hurts my self knowledge as to how broken down I am.

I am making many Posts of late because finally, I can actually see the screen. Gunnihunter, I wish we knew one another.

Jagerdad
Jager,
What I mean is recorded books on CDs that you play on the play on the CD/ radio in your car. Sounds like you may not be driving a lot, so you could listen at home. They are expensive to buy so I use the library. I use my local Jefferson County Co library that has an extensive collection of titles. There are also entities like “Books for the Blind” that will loan or rent audio books by mail. Where do you live?

Last week. Checked out the book "Bad Little Falls" by Paul Doiron. 3rd Book in the Mike Bowditch series. Bowditch is a game warden in upper Maine who frequently gets involved in murder investigations. The first book in the series is called "The Poacher's Son" and it caught my eye a few years back. The next books in the series hadn't come out yet so I put them aside for awhile. There are 10 now with an 11th coming out in June. I am trying to get caught up.

I love libraries. Practically lived in one for the 3 years I spent finishing my dissertation at The University of Texas.

Yes. I am a nerd. Proud of it.

Last edited:
The last time I went to a library was in the spring of 2014.
It was when I started drawing the plans for my newest house and I needed to get updated on some building codes and instead of buying a code book I went to the library and took pictures with my cell phone of the pages I needed.
I’ve been keeping pretty busy but I guess I could get interested in reading books someday. Especially about hunting.
Does the library have Muley Crazy magazine?

tried to go yesterday (snow day off from work), but no answer on phone so i assumed they are closed due to winter storm. Planning on going to Oak Creek branch if they are open today. I got reading glasses a couple years ago so i can read again! helps sleep come.

I love Tom Robbins but have read them all so looking for similar authors and heard of Christopher Moore to check out. anyone ever read his books? I have burned out all my mule deer and hunting books. wife gets mad at me reading them incessantly so i have to read something else every now and then...

When was the Last Time You: Went to the Library .... ?
Way back in the Late 1800's I lived in the School Library then later, College Library. Yes, I did review the National Geographic's .... Some of you may remember doing such.

Well, let's hear your guesses on the last time in a Library.

What do mean the late 1800's. Are you 180 years old?

Bluehair, Via: Jager, so you're the guy who caused the National Geographic's to be kept behind the counter........ahhhh, dreaming of Africa.

I am SOOOOooo Guilty of such. Bang, Yah Got Me :)

I would like to be a person who could read books of Stories. But I simply am not yet able to. I somehow turned totally geek into LAW.

I really delve into tiny precise words withing Laws and also, CASE LAWS. Whilst a GS-14 in Washington DC I delve seriously deep in Head Quarters Manuals covering Dept of Energy and every other alphabet top Management Manual... + More

Last December. My wife teaches piano and that's where she holds her recitals ever six months. I'll usually check out a few videos while I'm there.

Last week. My wife and daughters check out lots of books, about twice a month. I'm the driver for most of those visits. I check out a DVD once in a while.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom