The Kid's Book Buck

littlebighorn

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-11 AT 12:56PM (MST)[p]
Man I thought I had this posting pictures thing figured out, but here I am showing my technological disabilities again!

8009img_1578.jpg

WOW!
Old dogs can learn new tricks!
Well the above photo is of my son Spence's buck he killed on our very quick, but successful Wyoming antelope hunt. We could only work in two days to hunt, given we had already spent weeks on his Wasatch Archery elk hunt. We made the best of it looking over hundreds of bucks. Spence was very picky and finally shot this monster on the last afternoon. He is very deceiving because he is so old and his head is huge. He is a full 16" long with 8" bases, which puts him at 85"s.
The kid has had quite a string of good hunting luck!
We won't talk about the buck I missed that could have been as big as this one.
Anyway, enjoy the picture. I worked hard to get it up!

Very nice buck. Congrats to your son

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

Well done Spencer and LBH! Good things actually do happen to good people.
Congrats to you both for a very successful, yet short, pronghorn hunt. I hope you saved a few for me, when I decide to cash in my points and sliver one.
I'm glad I don't have Spencer's taxidermy bill this year! LOL

Zeke

Way to go Spencer. That is a great buck. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. We also had a fun hunt but did not find the big one like you. I guess I will have to come and get some lessons. And I hope your dad doesn't leave a rifle at the kill site like he did his knife. Oh yeah he already did that years ago in northern Utah. It's ok Rick I do the same thing. It is tough getting old and forgetful like we are. To bad about the knife.

Heck of a buck, i dont want to pry but what unit?

Shoot em till their dead

I am taking donations for Spence's taxidermy fund. He now has about 4K of work to be done, so who knows when all that is going to happen Zeke. Plus finding wall space is an issue with the Mrs. Why don't you sell a few mansions and lend him some money. ha
Thanks for the nice comments. It was a real blast of a hunt. His first big game animals was a Wyoming antelope when he was only 12. It is a great "family hunt" for sure.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-14-11 AT 07:11PM (MST)[p]Love the picture and an awesome goat! Now that you figured out how to post pics, how about attempting the video ;-)

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

Hey Doc,
You are really pressing to think I could post video. I hardly know how to turn on the camera. We do have some great footage though, including me missing a book buck! Oh, that is painful to watch!

Its good to see that Spencers killing it this year. I hope I get to be there next time. Lets see the Video. And lets see the miss to littlebighorn it makes me feel better.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom