The Big Three VS European?

D

DUVY

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-04 AT 08:26PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-04 AT 08:25?PM (MST)

The big three (Winchester,Remington,Browning) VS
Sako,Kimber,Howa.

I am buying a new rifle, and all own are big three rifles. So I wanted to here what the MM guys thought about the Eurpean rifles? are they worth the money Compared to the big three? Which ones?

Im getting a new varmint rifle so accuracy is most important.

See, i dont know jack about the howa either,but i do remember now. I was laughing with a gun salesman when he showed me the new howa, he commented that it was made in Japan, and I said so was my Browning BPS. It was the CZ he showed me,that is made in the US thats from Europe.

You should seriously look at

Krico - Made in Germany.

If you can ever get your hands on a Krico you should buy it.

In my opinion - they're a better custom gun than the big three listed up above.

Beautiful stock, light, incredible action and trigger pull and darn accurate.

I would buy an american rifle preferably a browning a-bolt or a remington. If your going with a preditor rifle buy one with a 26'' barrel.
Just my preference buy a T. C. Encore you can buy a barrel for any caliber you want. You only get one shot but isant that all you need? (trust me there will be times when you will need more)

threelemonbob,
I looked at a Browning today, the A-bolt II varmint stalker in the 223 WSSM it has the Dura Touch stalk and a medium heavy barrel.
So far its the one im going to buy its 700$ I am a big Browning fan, out of the 5 shotguns I own,I grab the BPS when its an important hunt, my little buckmark 22 has won me lots of money at camp, with friends, shooting beer bottle tops.
My Citori is what I use trap shooting in the ATA. I also have 7mm Mag BAR.
I looked at a Tikka, the thing was so light it felt cheap,and the salesman told me the trigger wasn't adjustable. but i haven't found in were in Utah that has Sako. all i have heard is how great they are,but i cant get myself to order one without seeing/holding.

nmraptor does wetherby make a varmint cal.?

Have you looked at Weatherby's ?

I've got a Mark V lightweight sysnthetic in 30/06 that is an absolute dream to carry and shoot. That high cheekpiece make all the difference in the world when shooting.

The Tikka trigger is supposed to be adjustable in the 2-4# range. I haven't got to fondle one yet but I'll get to sometime. I really loved the Kimber 8400M that I got to look at, you should at least take a peek at one before you spend $700 on the Browning. I'm not putting the Browning down but I sure liked the look and feel of the Kimber.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, make yourself happy.

BeanMan

Weatherby's smallest caliber is the .240 Weatherby Magnum, but they do market other calibers like .223,.22-250, 243, 25-06 just for an example.
Go to www.weatherby.com and look for what you are interested in there.

Brian

Polarbear had it right with the first post:
SAKO, hands-down! I have a SAKO HvyBbl in 243WIN and it's been shoot'in 1/2 inch groups for almost 30years now !!!

Hey:
Where can I look at a Sako, In Utah??

Gunnies, Both Sportmans Wharehouse, Van Wagenen guns, and parks sportsman dont have any. I really want to check one out, but I cant get myself to order one without seeing/holding.

i have been on there web site, I like that lock, they have on the back of the bolt.

Brian, Thanks for the Weatherby info. I like that mark v line.
but here we go agian, I haven't scene any in varmint cal. most of the dealers only have Van Gaurds in the bigger cal.

DUVY,
I believe that SAKO is now being imported by Beretta. Check-out any dealers that carry Beretta Firearms and they should be able to help you. You could also check-out Beretta's website for info.
Good Luck, BUCKRUB :D

I looked at a Sako at Dougs Shoot'n sport in West Valley a couple months ago but it might have been a used one I don't remember, try giving them a call talk to Steve Hutchings or Dave Larsen and tell them that Jake Sorensen told you to check in with them, I know they can order about any gun in that you want but you have to put 20% down thats unrefundable, I do know that they do have the Tikka's though. And the other good thing with them at Dougs is if they have a niced used gun you can usually wheel and deal a little with them.

Jake Sorensen

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom