The Big 5K!

Roy

LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-11 AT 03:54PM (MST)[p]Well - I have accomplished what few others on here have. I have joined that mysterious 5K club. Founder e-mailed me and told me that along with my membership in this exclusive club I will receive a complimentary password to Rugarm's secret clubhouse!

Now there are some of you who will argue that I am a pathetic loser who has no life and that is the only reason I reached 5000. There will be allegations of performance enhancing drugs and "fluff" posts. I am here to let you know that none of that is true! (And as far as I can tell - all of these last 75 or so posts only contain ONE - read it ONE - grammatical error - their instead of there which for me is a product of trying to type too fast.)

I invite you to follow my posts on the last few threads where I vowed to make every post at least 7 words or longer and amounted to a significant contribution. Also - I do have a life. Case in point - the reason why Jeter beat me. The truth is this morning I had 4992 posts (as Eel so eloquently pointed out)and could have easily overtaken the Yankess captain. I actually fired up the old PC intent on doing so, but family life called. First, I had to play the Wii with my youngest son - letting him beat me handily in several events on Wii Sports Resort. Then I had to help my wife bring in the groceries and straighten up the house. Then, I helped my 10 year old daughter watch a Harry Potter movie and clean her room and then ate lunch and played in the backyard plastic pool with the kids and DOMINATED them in a water battle.

So yeah, Jeter got there first and as always, will get the headlines, but I take my own personal pleasure in acheiving this accomplishment on the same day he did. I will bask in the same limelight and share in the glory. It is truly an honor to share this day with him.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-11 AT 03:54PM (MST)[p]Well - I have accomplished what few others on here have. I have joined that mysterious 5K club. Founder e-mailed me and told me that along with my membership in this exclusive club I will receive a complimentary password to Rugarm's secret clubhouse!

Now there are some of you who will argue that I am a pathetic loser who has no life and that is the only reason I reached 5000. There will be allegations of performance enhancing drugs and "fluff" posts. I am here to let you know that none of that is true! (And as far as I can tell - all of these last 75 or so posts only contain ONE - read it ONE - grammatical error - their instead of there which for me is a product of trying to type too fast.)

I invite you to follow my posts on the last few threads where I vowed to make every post at least 7 words or longer and amounted to a significant contribution. Also - I do have a life. Case in point - the reason why Jeter beat me. The truth is this morning I had 4992 posts (as Eel so eloquently pointed out)and could have easily overtaken the Yankess captain. I actually fired up the old PC intent on doing so, but family life called. First, I had to play the Wii with my youngest son - letting him beat me handily in several events on Wii Sports Resort. Then I had to help my wife bring in the groceries and straighten up the house. Then, I helped my 10 year old daughter watch a Harry Potter movie and clean her room and then ate lunch and played in the backyard plastic pool with the kids and DOMINATED them in a water battle.

So yeah, Jeter got there first and as always, will get the headlines, but I take my own personal pleasure in acheiving this accomplishment on the same day he did. I will bask in the same limelight and share in the glory. It is truly an honor to share this day with him.

UTROY

Remember Roy, you have 2K more "hits" than Jeter so that still makes you a winner here at MM. Congrats on reaching 5K posts.

Eldorado

Remember Roy, you have 2K more "hits" than Jeter so that still makes you a winner here at MM. Congrats on reaching 5K posts.

Eldorado

I am confident that your certificate of achievement and monogramed BBQ set will arrive in the mail shortly.

"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

I am confident that your certificate of achievement and monogramed BBQ set will arrive in the mail shortly.

"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

Congrats Roy.
I'm 959 +1's behind you!

:)

PS, we are only half way to Bessy's tally before he was booted and he is already gaining on our paultry 5k on his second tour of duty.

Congrats Roy.
I'm 959 +1's behind you!

PS, we are only half way to Bessy's tally before he was booted and he is already gaining on our paultry 5k on his second tour of duty.

Roy that being said about the CH you better keep it on the low down. :)

5000 YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE!!! lol J/K

Turtle humper,,,,,

Roy that being said about the CH you better keep it on the low down. :)

5000 YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE!!! lol J/K

Turtle humper,,,,,

5000 k! as much time as I spend on here and only have a few post some of you guys need to get out and actually do some real scouting! LOL :eek:

5000 k! as much time as I spend on here and only have a few post some of you guys need to get out and actually do some real scouting! LOL :eek:

LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-11 AT 07:19AM (MST)[p]Come to find out Roy and the guy who got Jeter's 3000th hit ball are cut from the same mold. Both losers. The guy could have sold the ball for up to $250K but decided to do the right thing and give the ball to Jeter.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/bi...h-hit-to-Jeter-team-rewards-h?urn=mlb-wp12123

As a 23-year-old cell phone salesman, Christian Lopez had thousands of reasons to hold out for the highest bidder on the baseball from Derek Jeter's(notes) 3,000th hit. In fact, some estimates put the ball's worth at $250,000, money that the recent graduate from St. Lawrence University could have certainly used.

And yet when New York Yankees officials found Lopez after he corralled Jeter's historic home run, the only thing that the big Yankees fan wanted was to return the ball to the man who had hit it.

Lopez was quoted as saying "This is for a guy down in Austin, Texas."
-------------------------------------------------------------

The more this story unfolds the more pathetic it gets.:)

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-11 AT 07:19AM (MST)[p]Come to find out Roy and the guy who got Jeter's 3000th hit ball are cut from the same mold. Both losers. The guy could have sold the ball for up to $250K but decided to do the right thing and give the ball to Jeter.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/bi...h-hit-to-Jeter-team-rewards-h?urn=mlb-wp12123

As a 23-year-old cell phone salesman, Christian Lopez had thousands of reasons to hold out for the highest bidder on the baseball from Derek Jeter's(notes) 3,000th hit. In fact, some estimates put the ball's worth at $250,000, money that the recent graduate from St. Lawrence University could have certainly used.

And yet when New York Yankees officials found Lopez after he corralled Jeter's historic home run, the only thing that the big Yankees fan wanted was to return the ball to the man who had hit it.

Lopez was quoted as saying "This is for a guy down in Austin, Texas."
-------------------------------------------------------------

The more this story unfolds the more pathetic it gets.:)

Eel

Now they might let you into the mm chat forum if you aren't already allowed in there and you can feel like one of the white trailer trash elites with all the others. yall can use all sorts of "aints" and "usetacoulds" and all sorts of other hillbilly words when looking condescendingly down on the rest of the mm scum.

Congrats roy, and don't forget to change your name to dr roy and add a signature line at the bottom to let everyone know of every accomplishment you have in life. I think it generally makes a guy feel more important when he can make sure everyone else knows he is better than him.

On second thought i think I have the perfect signature line for you. Have you ever watched madagascar 2? King Julian nailed it when he said, "its nothing personal, its just that we're better than you!" rofl

tell jen I said hi. I love being nice to her. For some reason she has that problem with judging people by what they say on line and never getting to know them in real life. Now I make it a point to say hi to her and be nice every chance I get. I think it really makes her mad when I do. So please tell jen stinky really likes her and says hi please!

btw, this really is funny. I'm only wrting this cuz I just got several emails from people today and their list of accomplishments at the bottom of the email were nothing short of laughable. Why is it that people so badly want to feel important in life? it just cracks me up. I was pondering this exact question when I came across your post and figured I'd inject a little humor into what I was already laughing about.

Now they might let you into the mm chat forum if you aren't already allowed in there and you can feel like one of the white trailer trash elites with all the others. yall can use all sorts of "aints" and "usetacoulds" and all sorts of other hillbilly words when looking condescendingly down on the rest of the mm scum.

Congrats roy, and don't forget to change your name to dr roy and add a signature line at the bottom to let everyone know of every accomplishment you have in life. I think it generally makes a guy feel more important when he can make sure everyone else knows he is better than him.

On second thought i think I have the perfect signature line for you. Have you ever watched madagascar 2? King Julian nailed it when he said, "its nothing personal, its just that we're better than you!" rofl

tell jen I said hi. I love being nice to her. For some reason she has that problem with judging people by what they say on line and never getting to know them in real life. Now I make it a point to say hi to her and be nice every chance I get. I think it really makes her mad when I do. So please tell jen stinky really likes her and says hi please!

btw, this really is funny. I'm only wrting this cuz I just got several emails from people today and their list of accomplishments at the bottom of the email were nothing short of laughable. Why is it that people so badly want to feel important in life? it just cracks me up. I was pondering this exact question when I came across your post and figured I'd inject a little humor into what I was already laughing about.

Thanks Stinky! It's good to see that there are still some folks out there who can appreciate some good sarcasm.

In fact that is what my signature line is all about - look it up in the King James Version - in some of the other translations
it loses a little of the sarcasm I intended.

Don't worry about Jenn - she has a big heart and forgives quicker than she offends. You bug her but she laughs about it now.

UTROY

Thanks Stinky! It's good to see that there are still some folks out there who can appreciate some good sarcasm.

In fact that is what my signature line is all about - look it up in the King James Version - in some of the other translations
it loses a little of the sarcasm I intended.

Don't worry about Jenn - she has a big heart and forgives quicker than she offends. You bug her but she laughs about it now.

UTROY

Blowhard - yes I can as a matter of fact. Don't ask me for my time - ain't gonna go setting no land speed record but I can get 'er done!

UTROY

Blowhard - yes I can as a matter of fact. Don't ask me for my time - ain't gonna go setting no land speed record but I can get 'er done!

UTROY

Thats the only reason I read this post was I thought it was about a 5k run. Don't worry, I wont be setting any land speed records either. Best time so far is 26:50

Thats the only reason I read this post was I thought it was about a 5k run. Don't worry, I wont be setting any land speed records either. Best time so far is 26:50

WOW desperatehills - that is an excellent time. I have been nursing a sore knee for a year or two so I haven't been running as much as I should have. I am right at close to 290lbs right now and trying to come back down to 220 or so. The last time I ran my little 3 mile course I came in right at 50 minutes. When I was in better shape a year or two ago, the best I did was 36 minutes. For me right now, the challenge is back to just making it all the way. Going to start doing intervals again next week so my times will increase, but I have no interest it running competetively - just want to get back in shape and erase my "library gut".

Oh sorry to call you "blowhard" too - for some reason, I thought that was your MM name - not meaning to call you any names. Made sure I got it right this time.

UTROY

WOW desperatehills - that is an excellent time. I have been nursing a sore knee for a year or two so I haven't been running as much as I should have. I am right at close to 290lbs right now and trying to come back down to 220 or so. The last time I ran my little 3 mile course I came in right at 50 minutes. When I was in better shape a year or two ago, the best I did was 36 minutes. For me right now, the challenge is back to just making it all the way. Going to start doing intervals again next week so my times will increase, but I have no interest it running competetively - just want to get back in shape and erase my "library gut".

Oh sorry to call you "blowhard" too - for some reason, I thought that was your MM name - not meaning to call you any names. Made sure I got it right this time.

UTROY

A password to Rugarm's secret clubhouse.I want one
That's it I'm not getting off my computer in tell I get to 5K

A password to Rugarm's secret clubhouse.I want one
That's it I'm not getting off my computer in tell I get to 5K

>WOW desperatehills - that is an
>excellent time. I have been
>nursing a sore knee for
>a year or two so
>I haven't been running as
>much as I should have.
>I am right at close
>to 290lbs right now and
>trying to come back down
>to 220 or so. The
>last time I ran my
>little 3 mile course I
>came in right at 50
>minutes. When I was in
>better shape a year or
>two ago, the best I
>did was 36 minutes. For
>me right now, the challenge
>is back to just making
>it all the way. Going
>to start doing intervals again
>next week so my times
>will increase, but I have
>no interest it running competetively
>- just want to get
>back in shape and erase
>my "library gut".
>
>
>Oh sorry to call you "blowhard"
>too - for some reason,
>I thought that was your
>MM name - not meaning
>to call you any names.
>Made sure I got it
>right this time.
>
>
>UTROY
>Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)
When I drew the Book Cliffs muzzleloader tag at the expo I decided I had better get in shape. I had been working out since last fall but I wasn't pushing myself very hard. Then I was 5'9" and 232 lbs. This spring a friend and I decided to try a triathlon with only 6 weeks to train. Now mind you this is not ironman stuff, just sprint distance (750 meter swim, 13 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run). I bought books and read how to train right. I am a good swimmer, I can get by on the bike, but my running is weak. I finished that first race in 1:39:25. My 5k run was 33 minutes. My weight is down to 207 now and I can't wait to get in the mountains. I have always envyed those guys that can hike the hills all day. I do it, it is just more work for some of us. Now I have more respect for guys like you Roy (and me for that matter) that have to work hard all year to make our fall hunts more successful. Good luck with your training, keep it up.

>WOW desperatehills - that is an
>excellent time. I have been
>nursing a sore knee for
>a year or two so
>I haven't been running as
>much as I should have.
>I am right at close
>to 290lbs right now and
>trying to come back down
>to 220 or so. The
>last time I ran my
>little 3 mile course I
>came in right at 50
>minutes. When I was in
>better shape a year or
>two ago, the best I
>did was 36 minutes. For
>me right now, the challenge
>is back to just making
>it all the way. Going
>to start doing intervals again
>next week so my times
>will increase, but I have
>no interest it running competetively
>- just want to get
>back in shape and erase
>my "library gut".
>
>
>Oh sorry to call you "blowhard"
>too - for some reason,
>I thought that was your
>MM name - not meaning
>to call you any names.
>Made sure I got it
>right this time.
>
>
>UTROY
>Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)
When I drew the Book Cliffs muzzleloader tag at the expo I decided I had better get in shape. I had been working out since last fall but I wasn't pushing myself very hard. Then I was 5'9" and 232 lbs. This spring a friend and I decided to try a triathlon with only 6 weeks to train. Now mind you this is not ironman stuff, just sprint distance (750 meter swim, 13 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run). I bought books and read how to train right. I am a good swimmer, I can get by on the bike, but my running is weak. I finished that first race in 1:39:25. My 5k run was 33 minutes. My weight is down to 207 now and I can't wait to get in the mountains. I have always envyed those guys that can hike the hills all day. I do it, it is just more work for some of us. Now I have more respect for guys like you Roy (and me for that matter) that have to work hard all year to make our fall hunts more successful. Good luck with your training, keep it up.

shes over my egotistical side? hmmmm then i guess ur an aerogant fag and a horrible person huh? i bet poor jen has to run to ur aide huh? gonna have to start body slamin u so jen will keep hating me huh? not to worry roy boy im not done with i people yet! just let me think about this one for a while. i'll be darned if im gonna have an arch enemy start liking me!

shes over my egotistical side? hmmmm then i guess ur an aerogant fag and a horrible person huh? i bet poor jen has to run to ur aide huh? gonna have to start body slamin u so jen will keep hating me huh? not to worry roy boy im not done with i people yet! just let me think about this one for a while. i'll be darned if im gonna have an arch enemy start liking me!

I saw this thread and got on to make fun of you for being so proud of being able to run a 5k! Haha. I would hope that any serious hunter would be capable of running a 5k!

But, congrats anyways to the other less significant 5k you just accomplished. Give me 10 more years to get er done myself.

I saw this thread and got on to make fun of you for being so proud of being able to run a 5k! Haha. I would hope that any serious hunter would be capable of running a 5k!

But, congrats anyways to the other less significant 5k you just accomplished. Give me 10 more years to get er done myself.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom