The best hunter?

Hit a deer in the back years ago.

3ft of snow, me and my buddy hiked over to "finish" it with my POS Jennings 9mm.

Pistol broke.

Buddy ended up bulldogging that poor deer into the snow, while I cut it's throat.

Not sure how we didn't get stabbed via horn ...Buddy's dad REAMED our azzes for that.

Have a cousin with a nice scar from a deer putting it's horn through his leg.

Deer are scary tough

I thought I was the only one who owned a Jennings handgun. For $60 new, I couldn't pass it up. With the right ammo it works most of the time.

I don't know why he didn't just shoot it. I'd be happy with it.

I thought I was the only one who owned a Jennings handgun. For $60 new, I couldn't pass it up. With the right ammo it works most of the time.

Mentally, he’s probably in the “mile high/30”/230” club” so he had to “let this one walk.”

It’s the new flat brim thing when you can’t draw a tag. Come on Blood you never snuck up and grabbed a horn while your dad filmed. It reminds me of cow tipping.

Man, I could have made a video just like that on an archery deer hunt in northeastern Colorado during the 1990s. In fact, the terrain was almost identical.

I had glassed up a nice bedded buck from about 1/2 mile away. I decided to make a stalk but had to take the long way around to get the wind right. When I did, I kind of lost the exact location of the buck. I did a bit of guessing & crawled up the backside of the hill I thought he was on. If I was right, he would be just below the crest on the other side when I topped out. I guessed correctly.

When I got to the top, his antler tips were no more than 5 yards from me. I have no doubt I could have closed the distance even more. But I had no shot, so I decided to wait it out, hoping he would stand up.

What I didn't plan on was the smaller buck that was bedded out of sight within a few yards downwind of me. He caught my scent, jumped up & headed for the back 40. Of course, the bigger buck did the same, while I fumbled with my bow, hoping he might stop in range.

I no longer have that gem.

My buddy's dad was the Sheriff. It became "evidence" in the case of an idiot buying a used(even better) Jennings, and it disappeared.

Never did hear the end of that one

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom