Thanksgiving Menu?

fireball77

Long Time Member
So what is yours, do you do the traditional turkey, and taters , or go for something different ie roast, ham, dove , moose etc

I love traditional, and I have to have sweet potatoes, and cranberry salad, amongst other things.

Will likely have leftovers from tonight, or chicken nuggets. and then a pop tart, some sort of fruit and pudding cups... I work tomorrow :-(

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer? See Zeke for prime example....

I can't stand those microwaveable meals, 2 out 3 items always taste like moldy elk crap :-(
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer? See Zeke for prime example....

There is a 14 lb Hickory Smoked Ham in the oven right now that should be done at 4PM. Already made the shrimp salad, i like the flavor of the shrimp to soak in everything else in the bowl. Have a 5 lb bag of Red potatoes to clean and boil, sour cream and good butter to go with. A crunchy top apple pie will do for desert.

I expect a buddy, two, maybe more, will drop by starting this evening as i had mentioned that they were more than welcome. No matter, i'll have plenty and then some plus good makings to a pot of beans later on.

Happy Holidays Folks!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

A deep pit turkey goes in the pit tonight, then one on the weber tomorrow. mashed taters with gravy and roasted pumpkin with green chile cream sauce. it will take 5 or 9 beers to get those turkeys in the pit tonight:) happy thanksgiving to all!

Fireball, my wife and two daughters-in-law are preparing just about everything you can expect for a Thanksgiving dinner. I even suspect the kitchen sink might be in there somewhere.
Turkey, ham, giblet gravey, mashed potatoes, yams, green bean cassarole, cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, several different pies and a few other things I have forgotten.

Will be feeding 12 this season. what is my favorite? The turkey noodle soup and turkey sandwiches made from the left overs. Also left over ham will be going into a pot of beans for that warmup on cold days. I better tell the wife to make some sweet cornbread to go with that pot of beans.

Joey be sure to put a small wood ladder in that pot of beans so the little farts will climb out!!!!

RELH

Jerky, red vines and mtn dew. I have to work Thanksgiving day and my family went to southern Utah.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>There is a 14 lb Hickory
>Smoked Ham in the oven
>right now that should be
>done at 4PM. Already made
>the shrimp salad, i like
>the flavor of the shrimp
>to soak in everything else
>in the bowl. Have a
>5 lb bag of Red
>potatoes to clean and boil,
>sour cream and good butter
>to go with. A crunchy
>top apple pie will do
>for desert.
>
>I expect a buddy, two, maybe
>more, will drop by starting
>this evening as i had
>mentioned that they were more
>than welcome. No matter, i'll
>have plenty and then some
>plus good makings to a
>pot of beans later on.
>
>
>Happy Holidays Folks!!
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>

Heck I am eating at your house!!! What no trout on the menu?

Man my mouth is watering ...sounds good Relh, I am going to help 1911's sister and 1911 prepare for 15+ nothing better than homemade noodle soup and a sandwich I agree !!!
Happy Thanksgiving fellas

Just r you are more than welcome to swing by for leftovers!!!

I'd like a Breast or two & a Thigh if it's OK?:D

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

normally our normal is all wild game, deer, dove, quail, pheasant, sometimes grouse, trout ,,,,, deer liver and heart,,,,, with all the normal sides taters gravy salads ect ect this year we seem to be just having turkey and ham LOL

My wife is going to overcook a turkey again this year. She will make freaking brussel sprouts, potato pearl mashed potatoes, 3 bean salad and stove top stuffing. At least I like the stuffing.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Roy, take your wife and go to your Sis for dinner. Now you know why I married the farmer's daughter. They learned how to make it from scratch from their momma.

RELH

>My wife is going to overcook
>a turkey again this year.
>She will make freaking brussel
>sprouts, potato pearl mashed potatoes,
>3 bean salad and stove
>top stuffing. At least I
>like the stuffing.
>
>HOOK 'EM!
>_______________________________________
>
>Since I am frequently asked about
>my religion on this site
>and others, I have created
>a profile that explains my
>beliefs. If you are interested
>in finding out more about
>my faith, please visit the
>link below:
>
>http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I sense a touch of culinary marital animosity.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

1911 that is the understatement of the year. I think Roy is saying that his wife's Thanksgiving dinner sucks! We need to hang on to that post. We can bribe the crap out of him by threating to show it to his wife.

Oh! forget it. I am sure Roy's sis has already made a copy and will be getting even with her brother for the next year or so.

RELH

Careful Roy!

You'll be Cookin!:D

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

And Cookin ain't so Bad!

But there might be fewer Kisses!:D

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

I just put a turkey in my smoker.....also have one coming from my buddy who is doing about 10 in his deep pit. Ham will go in the smoker at about 10am......as for the rest of the fixins, that will be taken care of by the women.

HA HA! Just kidding - although I would LOVE to be at Mom and TripleK's feast this year (in the Bookcliffs - turkey cooked in the dutch oven, homemade stuffing, the works!)

My wife does just fine in the cooking department, and I do just fine in the eating department! We had turkey (it was a little less moist than I prefer, but still very good), homemade rolls (her specialty and they are GOOO OOOO OOOOOD!)with homemade pomegranate jam (from her uncle' farm in So. Utah), creamed corn (delicious) baked yams, mashed taters, homemade gravy, cranberry sauce, and "Kayson's favorite salad" (cottage cheese/jello/cool whip - my oldest's boys favorite since he was a baby). Pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream comes later.

Yep - plenty to be thankful for!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Roy, you whiner, you had a great meal, and here you made us think you were going to have to eat items that were not among your favorites.
If you want a very moist turkey, you need to use those cooking bags to keep the moisture in. The breast meat on ours were very moist and just fell apart.

Now Red and I are thinking about the same thing. Homemade turkey noodle soup and turkey sandwiches. Plenty of ham left over for that big pot of beans in a few days. We have alot to be thankful for in this country!!!!

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-12 AT 09:25PM (MST)[p]I went out this afternoon and bought ANOTHER turkey.

Gluttonous relatives ate ALL the turkey yesterday and there was none left over for turkey sandwiches.......which, as far as I am concerned, is why Ben Franklin invented the turkey in the first place.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom