Thanks for the prayers!

eelgrass

Long Time Member
As you may know I made a trip to Wyoming for a Pronghorn hunt last week. While in route I got a call from overton who said I was in his prayers while driving through SLC. He should have prayed for the Utards too, but I greatly appreciated it.:)

When I reached the Utah border it started raining and a feeling of doom came over me. As I crossed the salt flats it started coming down in buckets. I now realize the rain was a God send and an answer to prayer. The closer I got to SLC the harder it rained.

I kept seeing UHP cars busy attending Utards who were driving too fast and hydroplaning off the road, taking the attention off of me. True story! Note to Utards: You'll probably never hydroplane at 50 MPH so let that be a lesson. Never use your cruise control in those conditions either.

The only reason I made it was because all the patrolmen and women were too busy to notice me!!!:)

Some of the vehicle citations I could have received include, but are not limited to: Driving too slow on the Interstate so as to impede traffic, unsafe lane changes, vulgar language, and vulgar hand gestures.

Coming back west after my hunt was another answer to prayer as I got behind a 1963 VW Bus with a sign on the back "Hemp Fest or Bust" traveling about 45 MPH, just right!:) I knew he was going straight through on I-80 so I tucked in behind him all the way to my home town where the Hemp Fest is! My guardian angle, you might say.

Thanks again to you all. A special thanks to rutnbuck for his offer to assist in any way possible, and an offer from 1911 to feed me, even though I'm pretty sure he meant jail food.

I've made fun of it over the years, but on a serious note, I will ride with someone through SLC but I will never drive it again. I just can't deal with it and I'm a danger to myself and others, so that's it for me. I live in a little hick town in Kali and have no experience driving like that. I guess if you know exactly where you're going it might be different. Reno is getting that way. I also know that 80 MPH is necessary to keep the flow of traffic going, it's just not me.

Hunt report to follow as I'm beat!

Eel

Gonna have to give you a Ride one of these Days Eel:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Bbop, anyone who enjoys that style of driving has my utmost respect! I'd ride into hell with you anytime:)

Eel

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

Glad you made it home safe. Sounds like you dodged a bullet for sure. I am sure 1911 would have pulled you over for sure if he seen you. For the simple fact he probably never seen a 1949 Convertible Nash Rambler with blood dripping out of the trunk and a Spotted Owl for a hood ornament! Can't wait to hear the hunt story.

Rutnbuck

I bet he lied at the Kali check point and told them he was coming from Reno to avoid filling out the forms for bringing in game animals. Probably wiped all the blood off the trunk and rear bumper so they would not wise up to him.

Glad you made it home ok Eel. Kilo, Ransom, Sage, and few others are coming over for dinner. They only want backstrap, fried taters, pan drip gravey and screw the veggies unless you have corn on the cobb.

RELH

Should come as no surprise you prefer turtle speed. What you need is a session of speed anon. Come back and we will hammer Down on the hemi for a few hours to face your fears. I even have a custom oh chit handle and complementary cloth seats you can suck fabric for extra stability. It is also soothing on the hemmeroids. Since you're going to be a plick and not stop in I fully intend to exhaust my resources next year to descend on Eel central for some crabbing or something. I will eve. Let you drive. Still can't believe you didn't cruise my section of the slab even after I graciously extended diplomatic immunity to your '72 Datsun. All I asked in return is you put your sawmill days to use and sharpen my stop stix.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

1911 and RELH, I'm glad you chimed in. I forgot one of the possible charges. Is brandishing a weapon on I-80 a felony?

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-14 AT 09:02AM (MST)[p]No, It can't be everyone does it. I think it more see what I have, now let see your's type of deal.
I bet a lot California old cars/old man got stopped that day with someone looking for the right car. LOL

Roy did say Eel was a sneaky fellow.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I'm just glad you didn't pull your slow-moving pile of crap in front of me! You'd have finally learned what vulgar launguage sounds like. Not like that fairy dust stuff that comes out of your mouth! LOL
I'm glad you made it through my neck-o-the-woods (sort of) without incident.
I loved your trophy-shot photos too. Sounds like you had a grand adventure!
Keep up the good work,
Zeke

Eel don't worry, brandishing a firearm on I-80 at a fast moving, finger flipping Utard is not a felony. They consider it self-defense in that neck of the woods. Just ask Bess, he does it every day on the way to work. I hear that 1911 is hoping to catch him at it one of these days. It's only a felony if one Utard does it to another Utard. Us prune picking Kali boys get a free pass on it.

RELH

I am 100% sure she is right about that observation of being better looking then us old farts. Roy you better agree or Sis is going to kick your butt.

RELH

Here's the van I followed. we stopped for gas in Wendover. My guardian angel.

2323vwbus.jpg

Boy! my age is telling on me. I just got Fireball Lil Red mixed up with triple-K. I may be in for a butt kicking from both of the girls and Roy. Bess save my hide if you can.

RELH

Eel...now that is my kind of gal there filling up her van/bus. Did she have hairy arm pits? LOL

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom