THAILAND.....cheap living.

kilowatt

Dear Family and Friends,

Once again it has been a very busy week. It is tax time in Thailand and taxes on land, farms, homes and businesses has to be paid by Feb. 28th. We paid for our home, land and farm a total of 11 rai. The tax came to 32 baht or $ 1.07. Eat your heart out America.

On Thursday the pick up we ordered was delivered from Bangkok. We had to contact the Monk to find out when we could go get it. He said on Friday the 28th and drive it off the lot at 9:09 am. Before we got in Nang had to say a blessing and put special things inside. When we got home her mother had to do the same thing. On Saturday Nang's brother and wife to be arrived in preparation for their marriage on Tuesday at 9:00am. On Sunday I was told we had to take the pickup to be blessed by the Monk. As it turned out he was away and would return in the afternoon. Nang's mother said this was better as we could go see several Monks for blessings. So we started out and got through two when the third said it was not a good day and come back torrow before 8:00am. The next day we went back for the blessing. I'm not sure I will go to heaven but I know for a fact the pick up will have no problem. This was also my birthday and I turned the big 70. Thanks to all that sent me greetings.

Tuesday began at 3:00am when the meat for the wedding and the village helpers arrived to start the preparations. A lot of beer and Thai whiskey was drunk getting ready for the festivities. Two trans sexuals arrived to do the brides makeup and hair. She looked lovely.. Her family arrived in a pickup with 15 people in it. It was a lovely affair and enjoyed by all.

Back to the pickup. Nang had to get two guarantees to sign the loan. Her mother was one, how they agreed to that I don't know, and the other was a cousin. They had to give copies of the home and land deeds. It is my money and I wasn't in the loop. I wasn't asked any questions, didn't produce any financial records or bank statements and didn't sign anything. Amazing! So for the details we purchased a 2011 Isuzu SLX D-max space cab with a 2.5 diesel engine. They thru into the deal in no particular order a full tank of fuel, a bed liner, 1 yr registrtration, 1 yr insurance, a car cover, no labor charge on service for 3 yrs, 5 polo shirts, tinted windows and rain guard, upgraded back seat, rubber mats front and back, front window sun protector, dashboard cover and probably least licence plate frame. Not bad huh?

Well, thats it for this time. Hope things settle down for awhile. Love to all.

Barrie

This is one of my old Army buddies from VN.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I did time in Thailand back in the day. Lucy's Tiger Den. And a couple of USAF bases.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I had a cousin that lived in Washington state and he moved there 5 years ago. Loves it! He lives like a king on $500.00 a month....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom