Teton Park Job Offer

D

dbrehm

So I get this job offer to work for the Govt. in Teton National Park. Kinda my dream job. Problem is I was called back to my job, and they are spending alot of money on me for new training for wind turbines. Same money but I do get alot of extra money for per diem on current job. I am an electrician by trade. Do I jump ship and head to the mountains?

Are you a tree hugger?

Thats the only thing you have to have under you belt to work up there!

hornkiller.jpg

Dream job versus money......guess it depends on what you value more, or what you have to pay off (no judgement there, we all have bills)

If I could look out my car window and got paid to look at the Tetons every day, all you'd see from me is a whirlwind of dust going out the door!

I like to hunt. Thats what im afraid of, all the tourists. This farm o i y likes his space and solitude.

I would think twice before accepting the job with the National Park System. There is going to be future cut backs in the Federal Goverment and I expect the Park system to take a good hit on layoffs and there you are junior man on the totem pole.

RELH

"Dream Job" vs. Reality.If you are happy in the job you're doing now and can see ahead to potential career or job-related opportunities, that well may be your "Dream Job" As others have posted, maybe the Gov't job is no longer the dream you might have expected in today's economic situation. You accept the "dream job" then work towards career building and/or retirement, the "light at the end of the tunnel" might end up being further and further away, or "turned off due to budget constraints".

Talked to the supervisor of the park and after the conversation my gut said to stay were i am at. Wasnt a concern to much on security, to long to explain, more so on the actual work. Sounded like just alot of taking care of lift stations, ie; @@it pumps. Although the thought of myself getting up and working in such an area was appealing, minus the tourists. So off to Texas in a few weeks for next assignment.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom