TESTING!!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9556hankflag.jpg

That's a tough call....there has to be a computerized game out there to see what changes in history would of happened..I do believe in Independent States Rights...

Hank Jr has it about as "made" as anybody and is not in the habit of being told what to do and when to do it. I guess that's why he shines up to the term "outlaw".

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I'm 100% behind you Elkman although I am o.k. with taking it down from a prominent place on a State Capitol. Like Sageman intimates Hank Jr is a good spokesman for those with our point of view.

I made the long trek to the big city(SLC) last night and watch his show at Red Butte gardens. It was a great show. The best part was watching all the cheese eating wine drinking liberal pansies get up and leave before the show started when all the Confederate flags started waving. I don't know who they thought they were going to see, maybe some panty waist like Keith Urban.

Go ahead and keep it as long as you want. Doesn't bother or offend me in the least. If you want to be associated with the group that believes owning other people and blocking civil rights based on color are admirable ideas then go right ahead and wave that flag high. It's really more pathetic than offensive.

mulecreek said, "Go ahead and keep it as long as you want. Doesn't bother or offend me in the least. If you want to be associated with the group that believes owning other people and blocking civil rights based on color are admirable ideas then go right ahead and wave that flag high. It's really more pathetic than offensive."

Very judgmental of you but you are entitled to your opinions.! I've not ever raised that flag myself, don't have or really want one, but i sure don't mind if others do.

To me, the Flag stands more as a symbol of being a Rebel by nature, a nonconformist if you will, who doesn't need a hand holder to get through life. Someone who doesn't want others telling them how they must live, to go and do where others must, or maybe they don't want to be told they can't take s pee off their own front porch a late night.

This is America after all. There is room here for that flag and many others, i believe those that care to, should be able to wave that flag without judgements like yours or fear of persecution. I think most of us have at least some Rebel in ourselves!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I think all this hullaballoo about the flag might be taking things a bit far. It's looking for a fix to a problem in a piece of cloth.

However, A Utahan like Bess posting Ol' Hank's quote saying "If the South would have won we'd a had it made" is thought provoking. It should be especially thought provoking for those of you who come from long time Utah families. If the South would have won your ancestors in Utah might have had to fight the next war with the Confederates. In reading a bit of history I have learned that very few Utah Latter Day Saints fought on either side of the Civil War. While the government of the Northern States didn't exactly have a great rapport with Utah settlers it's unclear how the would-be Southern government might have viewed their beliefs.

Thoughts?

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-15 AT 02:21PM (MST)[p]Sage,

I think judgmental is a good way of describing my opinions about the picture he posted and his desire to post it, don't really know elkassassin. You are entitled to your opinion of what that flag he posted means to you. However, I don't think its a stretch to believe that to many the statement "if the south had won, then we would be better off" means nothing more than slavery was a good idea and basic civil rights to blacks are a bad idea. I wouldn't want to be included in that group so I would not put something like that on display. If you or anyone else does then more power to you. That is part of what makes our freedoms so great.

I for one have never flown anything resembling the confederate flag and I have yet to have anyone, other than my parents, try to tell me how to live, where to go, what to do, or tell me I can't piss off my front porch. As a matter of fact I pissed in the corner of my barn while checking on the pigs last night. Not sure that makes me a rebel but I am damn sure an American so I think I will keep on flying the stars and stripes.

Hey Bessy, Bocephus comes to town and you don't go see him, WTF?!?
I came clear the hell down from Chester to see him.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-15 AT 03:08PM (MST)[p]

Had what I thought was a Good Friend go too!

Thanks for the Invite PLICKS!:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

I think maybe we are too busy looking for a stance or a fight. With great pleasure I mow my great grandfathers grave all summer long. He was a captain in the union army. I am very proud of him. At the same time I see the confederate flag as a symbol of loving the South. No finer or more hospitable people live anywhere. 95% of southern people both white and black love each other. There has to be those more radically inclined on both sides. I find this not a place to stand tall and thump my chest. It a time to stand up and say lets find a way to see where maybe our views are really close to being the same!
J_T_B

>I think all this hullaballoo about
>the flag might be taking
>things a bit far. It's
>looking for a fix to
>a problem in a piece
>of cloth.
>
>However, A Utahan like Bess posting
>Ol' Hank's quote saying "If
>the South would have won
>we'd a had it made"
>is thought provoking. It should
>be especially thought provoking for
>those of you who come
>from long time Utah families.
>If the South would have
>won your ancestors in Utah
>might have had to fight
>the next war with the
>Confederates. In reading a bit
>of history I have learned
>that very few Utah Latter
>Day Saints fought on either
>side of the Civil War.
>While the government of the
>Northern States didn't exactly have
>a great rapport with Utah
>settlers it's unclear how the
>would-be Southern government might have
>viewed their beliefs.
>
>Thoughts?
>
>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I
>just stir it.[/font]

Thoughts:

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

So you dont think any Yanks fought for their beliefs or what was right or YOU?

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

>So you dont think any Yanks
>fought for their beliefs or
>what was right or YOU?
>
>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I
>just stir it.[/font]

Didn't say that at all!

What Happened in a War a couple Hundred Years ago Ain't gonna be Fixed by YANKing a Flag!

Get it?

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom