Tell Gov Herbert to pass HB76(utah) constitutional carry

deadibob

Long Time Member
The antis are telling Herbie to veto this bill that allows constitutional carry in Utah. This bill was originally written for hunters who pack handguns. This will allow carrying a handgun under a coat while hunting or carrying concealed without a ccw permit, as long as there's not a chambered round in the gun.

Gov Herberts number is 801-538-1000. He also has a facebook page. There are probably enough votes to override his veto, but let's not take a chance.

I like to hunt with a handgun and this law would really help in that regard.

I asked the hunter safety class teacher about concealed carry while hunting during my sons hunter safety class due to me being a CCW holder. I conceal carry quite often and so it feels comfortable and natural to carry all the time. I even conceal carry in the field while hunting. So I asked the teacher about it and he said to conceal carry even during hunting, you still had to have a permit to conceal. You can openly carry without one in the chamber. If what this teacher told me is correct, and is actual law, which I haven't investigated for accuracy, I haven't been too concerned about it because I have a permit.

Theodore Roosevelt's guidance concerning
conservation...
"The movement for the conservation of wildlife,
and the conservation of all our natural resources,
are essentially democratic in spirit,purpose and
method."

"We do not intend that our natural resources shall
be exploited by the few against the interests of the
majority. Our aim is to preserve our natural
resources for the public as a whole, for the
average man and the average woman who make
up the body of the American people."

"It is in our power...to preserve game..and to give
reasonable opportunities for the exercise of the
skill of the hunter,whether he is or is not a man of
means."

that is right billy, anyone can carry as long as it is two actions away from firing.

this conceal carry bill is more of a principle bill than practicle (spelling??). Utah is saying that; in the midst of gun control talks, we will go the opposite direction, if you want to limit our freedoms we will seek to enhance them.....and in our system of government there must be give and take, so to appease some of the naysayers concerning this bill they removed the loaded clause.

It is a step in the right direction and lays ground work for other states to pass even more liberal bills concerning the 2nd amendment.

littlebeaver.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-13 AT 01:18PM (MST)[p]The bill was originally written because some hunters were harassed and ticketed because their handguns were under their coats and they didn't have conceal carry permits.

Yes this bill is also about principle. I think it's good on all counts and is practical. Sounds like the governor will probably veto it, but there are probably enough votes to override his veto.

Yes you can already open carry as long as it takes two mechanical functions to fire, but you can't carry concealed without a permit. Also it's not always practical to open carry in the field.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom