Telemarketers

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
I get about 10-12 calls a day from these POS...

I have heard about a number I can call to end some of the calls, is this true and what is it?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

It is called the Nation Do Not Call List. I don't know where you can get the phone number though. Maybe Google it. That would really piss me off!!

Steve

Thanks fella's....

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.Thanks fella

Snort,

Do like I did a few years back when they called. First I told them can you hold a minute so I can turn the TV down to hear you?
Then I asked the wife to leave the room and when she was at the other end of the house, I asked this jerk What is it you want?
When she started, I said WAIT! Then I called her every name I could come up with and including off color names too and she tried to speak and I just kept yelling and calling her names.
Then I said, pass this on to the rest of your weirdo's there, DON'T CALL ME IF YOU WANT TO HEAR THIS NAME CALLING, I WILL CUSS ON THE WHOLE BUNCH OF YOU.......TAKE MY NAME OFF THAT F.....G LIST AND SLAMMED THE PHONE DOWN.

To this day, never another call.

Brian

Make sure you add your cell phones to the do not call list, as well. I heard next week all the cell numbers will be available to the telemarketers.
If you get a phone number you don't reconize you can google the phone number and will sometimes tell you who it is.
I've googled my home number and my name and address showed up.

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

The do not call registry works pretty good but usually doesn't weed all of them out.

One trick I do is like mentioned above, I ask them to wait for something and then I put the phone down and see how persistant they are at waiting for me. I have had a couple break the 10 minute mark.

The other trick is to put them on the phone with my 3yr old son. He LOVES talking on the phone.

?Here?s to the hero's that Git-R-Done!!?

Hey Snort - after having worked in that industry for 9 years - the best thing to do is to answer the phone and thank them and ask you to put them on their DO NOT CALL LIST. The nicer you do this the more likely it is to actually happen. The trick is to do it consistently for just a little while. There are 4 or 5 major telemarketing companies out there and the big companies outsourse all their work to them. Some use two or three different outsourcers so somtimes if you ask to be put on the DNC for one company you may still get a call from them. Even after you out your name on the DNC registry it will take a while as the records the companies use to call you were purchased 6 months prior (Oh yeah - whenever you sign up for a service or register a product, unless you specifically tell them to suppress your private info, you are consenting to them to call you and market further products and offers - and the companies sell your info to each other!) so just be nice and patient, but to the point. Don't be afraid to interrupt them.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public next month.

REMINDER.... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls.

YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS...

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.
It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked.You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.. It takes about 20 seconds.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom