TEJON RANCH SHUTDOWN

YukonDall

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-12 AT 09:01AM (MST)[p] SEEMS TEJON RANCH HUNTING OPERATIONS WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS FOR A WHILE ........OOOOPPS THERE GOES MY $20,000 ELK HUNT. THERE MAY HAVE BEEN A FEW MOUNTAIN LIONS THAT WERE ELIMINATED DURING NORMAL HUNTS TO SAVE THE HERD BALANCE........CANT BLAME EM..........BRING ON THE WOLVES.................YD.

I was at the ise show in Sacramento on thursday and was talking to those guy's,seem's like they were still booking hunts.

Somebody post a link please!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

20 dead lions and the place gets closed down for a few months, sounds like a good trade to me. The Tejon is one of my happy spots. BH1

that place is so well connected. That they will probably just get a little slap on the hand and ask to cool it for awhile. I know someone that works for them and I'll ask them whats cooking.

So a disgruntled employee says he saw 20 cats killed and nobody knows anything about it? I wouldn't worry a whole lot.

There would be MANY other stories about this, if it were completely true. Twenty people cannot keep a secret like this......impossible.

Also, 20 cats could not have been taken without management oversight, not to mention the unsuccessful hunts.

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

the part that should concern everyone who hunts the ranch is the emphasis on the "unsupervised hunting" they keep mentioning.

A friend of mine has been a member of the hunting club At Tejon for more than 20 years. He has shot a lot of nice bucks there.
From what he tells me the lions have done a lot of damage to the deer herd on the ranch. I know he hunts deer there "unsupervised, but does have to stay in designated areas.

yeah, I've been a member for years also. the beauty of the membership (especially in the spring) is that you have access to the entire ranch, pretty much any day. the way they mention "unsupervised" leads me to expect some ridiculous new regs when they allow members back on to hunt...

I'm pretty sure that isn't the only private hunting club in Calif that has long tails shot. That law needs to be revoked but unless it got a huge amount of backing and support it will never happen.

-John Wayne

We should use tax payer dollars and have them manage the entire state..................overall revenue would go up when the huntin gets better.

Tejon isn't in the hunting business......they want to develope land.
This is going to end in a way that furthers that endeavor.....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom