Teddy Roosevelt on Islam

202typical

Long Time Member
Teddy Roosevelt on Islam
The following passages were written in 1916 in Teddy Roosevelt's book, "Fear God and Take Your Own Part"

These words are relevant today because the historical conflict between Islam and Christianity, which started nearly 1400 years ago, is still going on. The final outcome of this struggle is not clear."

Christianity is not the creed of Asia and Africa at this moment solely because the seventh century Christians of Asia and Africa had trained themselves not to fight, whereas the Moslems were trained to fight.

Christianity was saved in Europe solely because the peoples of Europe fought. If the peoples of Europe in the seventh and eighth centuries, an on up to and including the seventeenth century, had not possessed a military equality with, and gradually a growing superiority over the Mohammedans who invaded Europe, Europe would at this moment be Mohammedan and the Christian religion would be exterminated.

Wherever the Mohammedans have had complete sway, wherever the Christians have been unable to resist them by the sword, Christianity has ultimately disappeared. From the hammer of Charles Martel to the sword of Sobieski, Christianity owed its safety in Europe to the fact that it was able to show that it could and would fight as well as the Mohammedan aggressor. .....

The civilization of Europe, American and Australia exists today at all only because of the victories of civilized man over the enemies of civilization because of victories through the centuries from Charles Martel in the eighth century and those of John Sobieski in the seventeenth century. During the thousand years that included the careers of the Frankish soldier and the Polish king, the Christians of Asia and Africa proved unable to wage successful war with the Moslem conquerors; and in consequence Christianity practically vanished from the two continents; and today, nobody can find in them any "social values" whatever, in the sense in which we use the words, so far as the sphere of Mohammedan influences are concerned.

There are such "social values" today in Europe, America and Australia only because during those thousand years, the Christians of Europe possessed the warlike power to do what the Christians of Asia and Africa had failed to do -- that is, to beat back the Moslem invader.

We need a modern day Teddy today, the man was way ahead of his time.

PRO

I agree we could sure use T.R. right now. But I wonder if he were to run today would he get elected? I think not ..the american people have become fickle , lacking action and culturly divided,. We like our nonfat late next to our cinibon People want it done but they dont want to do it. Or if it requires some sacrifice ,well we cant do that.We dont want someone who walks soft and caries a BIG STICK and will use it. God Forbid. We dont want to piss off the illegals they might leave.. oh why dont we just talk to iran. surely they dont mean -they want to nuke us. Oh we should pull out of iraq they dont want us there. and there never was weapons of mass distruction any way. oh yea when hillary gets in we can make some money, (its bushes fault...) bulls$%#...acording to cnn,msnbc,etc.. I no we are just a hand throw away from french toast eating ,paris p$#sys . If we had a man of action to vote for , I would sure vote for him . But I fear America will sell out for a hot latee and a cinabon. oh yea ,Dont forget to press 1 for english while ordering.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom