Teddy knew best

D

Deadred7o7

I got this in an E-mail today.

The year is 1907, 100 years ago

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Every American citizen needs to read this!

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

Great post and soooooo true! Damn.....if only Americans today would just use their heads and think like that!
Archerman - Archery hunting addict!

READ UP LITTLE George!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

WOW, I am in agreement with FTW and Bessy at the same time on a political issue, WTF?

Teddy is one of my political heros, of course it is a pretty short list.

PRO

TR was in my opinion the greatest man who ever lived.

He wasn't the good republican many think he was, his devotion to conservation and tough stance against corrupt business put him at odds with his party many times. he was more of a progressive actually, even starting the short lived progressive party also known as the Bull Moose party when he felt something needed to be done about in his words " the unholy alliance " between big business and politics.

He was also the first president to appoint a Jewish person to a political post and the first president to have a black man dine at the Whitehouse.

A true American hero and the reason we have game animals left today and public lands to hunt them on, if we had a candidate with 5% of Teddy Roosevelts worth to vote for next fall this would be a much greater nation in a short time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom