Ted Turner friend or foe to hunting

Gator

Long Time Member
I'm sure his ranches are doing well but are they hurting the way of life for his neighbors and hunters.

Ever since he bought ranches in Montana the neighboring properties have been taking huge bulls. Thanks to good land conservation he has kept great habitat for the animals and if you pay around $15,000 for an elk and so much as wound one, you are done. I like that. Everybody wins.

I read he is the largest private land owner in the US. Some 2,000,000 acres in seven states. He claims he just wants to be a rancher. Guess we'll see. I know one thing for dang sure. If I had the bucks I'd do the same thing.

RUS

>I read he is the largest
>private land owner in the
>US. Some 2,000,000 acres in
>seven states. He claims he
>just wants to be a
>rancher. Guess we'll see. I
>know one thing for dang
>sure. If I had the
>bucks I'd do the same
>thing.
>
>RUS

Me too! And I swear if I did I'd have all my MM buddies over to hunt.

Ransom

I thought Plum Creek Timber Co is the largest private land holder. Either way, now you could probably call them Plum Creek Real Estate Development Company. In MT, they are slicking most of their land and selling it off, the whole checkerboarded enchilada. It is going to be a game management nightmare.

Having worked been on a couple of Ted's ranches--I think he is fairly conservation minded and willing to do good things.

As far as largest landowners out there, if you count all their holdings the Mormon/LDS church is the largest private NA landowner.

Shawn

>Ever since he bought ranches in
>Montana the neighboring properties have
>been taking huge bulls.
>Thanks to good land conservation
>he has kept great habitat
>for the animals

Just one more example of why I have been telling you guys that private lands are always better maintaned and managed than public lands. Thanks Zigga, I don't feel so al alone on this issue.

?Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.?
---Theodore Roosevelt,

Bad deal! He owns large parcels of land in 11 states. The largest being in New Mexico, Nebraska, Montana and South Dakota. New Mexico 1,105,905, Nebrasja 425,221, montana 153,963 South Dakota 141,357, Kansas 42,479, Oklahoma41,689, Colorado34,868, Florida29,530, South Carolina 10,757, Arkansas 1,323 Georgia 537,
Conspiracy theorists here in Nebraska say he is tied to the UN and is trying to create a vast wildlife refugee and turn it over to the federal government removing the land from tax rolls. His executive director is Mike Phillips who once worked for Wildlands Project an environmental group that wants to creat a continent-wide network of nature preserves. He is closely tied with the World Wildlife Fund and the World Conservation Union, they have expressed interest in a nation wide Bison range. But so far he allows hunting for a big price $12,000 for a bull elk.
All the land in public land is certainly good for the hunter or it least it was for the nobility in England are you nobility 202typical. If your not you're probably screwed simple to me you are wrong 202 and Turner is a threat to hunting for the average man in America.

I meant all the land in private is bad for the average hunter should have read post before hitting button. You're still wrong 202. But I still like you because you stick with what you believe in no waffling with you I respect that.

>are you nobility 202typical?

Well I am from TEXAS you know.

"On earth as it is in TEXAS"

?Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.?
---Theodore Roosevelt,

Ater I watched the longhorns steal a victory from the Huskers at memorial stadium last year I'm not sure I would have listed someone from Texas as nobility, that one still stings. But Texas has got to be ok because it has free ranging Aoudad which I plan to hunt in the next year or two.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom