Team USA softball

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Great stuff, those girls can ball! BUT... Team USA got NO HIT yesterday by Va Tech. Simply unbelievable that a unhearlded college team could not only shut out and beat Team USA, but to shut them down with a No Hitter is very hard to imagine. Team USA 0 Va Tech 1

I've been watching the re-runs on the weekends. They tromped UofA, can beleive VA Tech shut them down. Finch didn't pick very well in Arizona game...

My daughter plays HS ball...what a level of difference in the game.

I watched a little of the VaTech/USA game last night. My 10 year olds pitch from 35 feet and throw about 45 miles an hour. Jenny Finch is throwing from 40 feet, just 5 feet further from home plate, and she's got to be throwing 65 mph. It is hard to fathom that the batters can react so quickly to get their bats on it. I love softball. My two girls went to Nationals last year in Las Cruces, New Mexico and took 9th out of the 42 team field. The competition from Los Angeles was amazing. Those little girls can throw!!

Steve

I actually LOVE to watch Womens Softball! They are truly amazing at what they do at that level! I actually got to meet Jenny Finch once at a Resturant in California. She is even BETTER looking in person that she is on TV!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that bugs me about softball, is how the NEVER NEVER EVER shut up!! All the cheering and songs and other crap they sing and yell all the time!! Holy crap!!! But other than that, I really do enjoy watching it!!!!

Some of the SF Giant pitchers should switch to girls softball. Listening to them on the radio, it sounds like they are pitching under hand most of the time.:)

Eel

I really thought that that team was unbeatable...or close to it. I too watch them destroy U of Arizona, no small feat. Goes to show how in softball, it's mostly about pitching. That girl from Va Tech, pitched the game of her life! Fun to watch but never would happen again!

How about Team USA's 3rd baseman/DH, Bustose, that "girl?", she can swing a mean bat. Looks like she'd be pretty fair packing a mulie or in a bar fight as well. yikes!! lol

Fastpitch is the best. That was a re-run , team USA went down a couple weeks back. Both my girls play for the NM Sundancers. My older daughters HS team played Cibola Cougers, #13 in the Nation according to USA Top 25 polls this afternoon . Cibola was 24-0 before stepping on the diamond today , now they are 24-1, as Rio Rancho beat them 3-2. We lost twice to them last week and the week before 1-0 and 3-2 , so it feels great.My younger daughter is only 9 and plays up with the 12U Sundancers and is throwing right at 45 MPH. She was throwing 42 MPH last June in OKC during the college world series as we were there playing in the Triple Crown and now has moved up to the 12inch ball. She was also picked up for the ASA World Tourny in Cruces with another team from Farmington NM. My older daughter is only a sophmore and is tied for 2nd and 3rd for most home runs at 4 . The girl leading is also a sophmore and has 12 so far and is only 3 away from breaking the state record , which she may well do in 2 weeks at the State Tourny.....Gotta love it...FASTPITCH ROCKS!

Take it for what it's worth but hitting a fastpitch softball is the hardest thing to do in sports. I saw a special on Discovery where Jenny Finch and a Major League pitcher pitched against a machine. The machine recorded FPS and FtLbs of the balls. The major leaguer threw 93 mph or so and recorded some incredible impact on the impact plate. Jenny Finches first pitch literally shattered the plate.

BTW, my 14 year old daughter plays in a 14U national tournament in Park City Utah in July. Anyone have any tips on where to fish around there? I'll be there for a week with her and my son. I'm sure there will be some down time.

NMHUNTNUTTG- You say you were in Las Cruces last year at the ASA Nationals? 10U? Was your team name the Rebels? My daughters were there as well. We were on the Orcutt Renegades. Does that ring a bell?

Steve

LOL FLEH

>The only thing that bugs me
>about softball, is how the
>NEVER NEVER EVER shut up!!
>All the cheering and songs
>and other crap they sing
>and yell all the time!!
>Holy crap!!!

They are nuts...

Just turned ESPN 2 on and they've got Team USA against DePaul. The score is 20-0 in the 4th!! Is there not a slaughter rule?!

Steve

good to see they lost, I find it unfair that they have been playing such no name teams. Go college teams!!!!

I agree with ED, I used to play fast pitch
and when a ball is coming from hip level from
45 feet fast, you only get to see the ball
for a second.

It is a great game because it moves along
so fast.

I catch myself watching it too. :) Surprisingly a lot of these girls are hot! It's kinda like soccer though, in the tournament the pitchers are so dominant the scoring is few & far between. And they bunt to much. It's all about the long ball!

LAST EDITED ON May-10-08 AT 12:00PM (MST)[p]Team USA is on TV right now, vs. Oklahoma. 2-0 score and Jenny Finch on the mound. She and Monica Abbott have a combined no-hitter going. Finch struck out 5 of the first 7 batters she faced.

And talk about drop dead gorgeous. Casey Daigle is one lucky guy.

Update, Kat Osterman came in to close and gave up an infield single. Final score 2-0 Team USA. 1 hitter.

Va Tech 1 USA 0 6th inning? How can USA blow them out by 22 and then have such a rotten game the next time around? I haven't seen the game, I just turned it on. That is an unbelievable turn around!

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom