TCU ??

lve2143

Very Active Member
If they kick B'state right off in the
AXX, as I think they will....

Where should they be ranked ????

When it's all said, and done....

lrv

I think they should be either 1 or 2. There is no reason they should be lower than that. I hope Patterson has the stones to do what Whittingham did last year and vote his team #1.

Right behind my #1 Longhorns. Then they can meet up in Waco the 2nd week in Jan. for an extra game to settle the deal once and for all...

Once again, it is sad that we will never know who the #1 team in the country is. I say the winner on Bama/Texas should be #1 and the winner of TCU/BSU should be #2. It is sad that the 2 winners couldn't play each other. Oregon is a good team, but you can't compare them with TCU, BSU, Alabama, or Texas. Oregon had 2 losses, and squeaked out wins over Oregon State, Purdue, Utah, and Arizona.

I think they should be #1. Yeah, I'm a MWC homer, so what? Until someone beats TCU on the field I think I'm every bit as justified in calling them #1 as anyone else may be for Alabama, Texas, or Cincinnati. I don't drink the SOS koolaid; no team anywhere has any control over how good their competition is. They can only control how good they themselves are. Consequently, I don't care if all they beat is SMOP (Sister Mary's Orphans of the Poor). They could potentially still be better than the SEC champ and they deserve an opportunity to line up and prove it one way or the other on the field. Why was the BCS afraid to be matched up with them this year?

And even though I just dissed the SOS argument, after seeing how BYU and UTAH dominated their recent PAC 10 foes, I think TCU could make a pretty strong case that its SOS was was underrated.

I'm sick of hearing about how supposedly good teams were not motivated because they didn't want to be at a particular bowl. If that's really the case, then the bowls have outlived their usefullness. It's time to bring on a playoff. If they can't motivated for a playoff, then they need to drop football.

I agree with Mozey but, under the current system they should be #2 if they beat BSU. Utah was the only unbeaten team last year and look what that got them. The PAC 10 was mediocre this year, IMO Oregon is lucky to be in the Rose Bowl. They are'nt a top ten team.

Alabama will beat Texas, TCU will beat Boise, and they will finish 1nd and 2nd, respectively.

2a0fcsk.gif

Although I'm a UT man I will point out that,as of yesterday evening,EVERY opponent TCU defeated in the regular season that has played in a bowl game has won their bowl game.

That's pretty impressive to me...

Behind the Longhorns - no matter what happens! LOL

You know how I feel Larry!

TCU has one hell of a team and if they win they should be #2 but may only end up as high as #3 depending on how the other games shake out. If Texas beats Bama badly that might make them drop just enough for TCU to leap ahead of them, but if it is a close game and the Horns win then I think you will see Bama stay at #2. If Bama wins then TCU will leapfrog the Horns into the #2 spot. Also, depending on what happens to Cincy there could be other complications, but I don't see them getting by Florida.

What do you think about your Aggies' chances tonight against them Dawgs from Georgia? I say Gig 'em! If they play like they did against Texas, then I think they will do it. Should be a good game. Hope I get to see some of it!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Roy I hope the Aggies win too but I will note I have yet to meet a single Aggie who reciprocates those wishes when UT plays another opponent.Their hatred of UT is how they define themselves and is very provincial IMO....

Too true cbeard! Too true. Same with Red Raider fans, and I am sure there are quite a few Longhorns fans who are the same way, most of the ones I know however are pretty laid back and just want to see a Texas team win.

UTROY

LMAO..

Beanman, you're like a brother to
me, but your brain is wandering of
out there in the end of the Bookcliffs
somewhere with Sparky.

I think 257Tony pretty well nailed it.

I agree.

laro

Speaking of the Red Raiders-looks like the ol' Pirate may have messed with the wrong kid in craig James' boy. Whoooeee...

Bama # 1 followed by the Horned Frogs. After the way Texas played against nebraska, TCU should have gotton the nod to play Alabama. College football sucks do to the fact that there is no finality and an outright winner.

Down with the Horns!! I just want to see McCoy and Shipley cry on each others shoulder and see "Back Down" I mean Mac Brown whine again for a year:) AHHHHH the simple life is all I ask for!!

They will be ranked about 7 or 8 after
B.S.U. get done with them, I hope it is
a great game!

Go Orange, Go Big Blue, Fight Fight B.S.U.!!!!!!

ohhhhhhhhhhhh, i'd have to say they will end up about in the 8 or 9 spot. Boise State better end up #2 and damn sure deserves a shot! after knocking off Oaklahoma 2 yrs back, TCU tonight, it's time BSU gets their chance!

I thought you had left the building Mr. AWLB. TCU had 39 days to get nervous and they looked like it. BSU however is for real and you can take nothin away from them. Bama #1 BSU #2 Oregon #3 :).

HK

Busy as ever HK! Not trying to take anything away from BSU. they are definately a top tier team. I did think that TCU looked a little slower tonight . . or . . maybe BSU was that fast. Either way, they will get screwed just like Utah did last year.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

I see that Roy and 257Tony (among others) still don't know half as much as they think they do about college football...

Don't you guys get tired of being wrong all the time?

OHHHH Canoe!! Back just in time to do this all over again. So - please point out to me where I was wrong? All my predictions (at least in this thread) were based on "ifs" and none of those "ifs" happened. I never said TCU was going to win - actually had your beloved Broncos picked all the way - I said IF they win, which of course they didn't. I also said "if" Texas beats Bama by a lot - which by all rights they should have and would have if not for the injury to McCoy. Read the other threads and tell me where I was wrong!

Not that it matters whether or not I know a lot about college football, but I really didn't try and stick my neck out too much this year! I think you just like to pick on me! ;-)

LMAO

UTROY

Yeah Canoe, whats up. Thats the only game I've gotten wrong all year. I sure as hell called Oregon out for what they are, how'd I do on that one? I sure as hell know how many teams have won 14 games......That's 4 now in case you need being reminded again.....

2a0fcsk.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom