TC Encore

• Thread starter mywifeishotterthentiffany
  • Start date
M

mywifeishotterthentiffany

Does any one own a TC Encore rife?? I am looking to buy one next year in 25-06. I would like it in the 24 inch barrel instead of the 28 inch so that it would be easier for my daughter to shoot. I also would like to add the 7mm-08 barrel at a later date. If you have 2 barrels with the scopes mounted on them and you change the barrels out do the scopes stay zeroed?? Any reviews on this would help. How is the trigger and the accuracy? I herd the recoil pad is very good on this gun. Is this true?? Thanks in advance!!

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

My cousin bought one a few years ago. He loves it. I don't think he has more than one barrel for it yet though, So I am no help there. If it is any help, I almost bought one for myself.

If it were me I would buy the Endeavor. The 4 extra inches are a great asset. Especially with the 25-06 where slow burning powders are used. 4 inches can increase your velocity by as much as 150 FPS in the 25-06. The weight difference will be minimal especially in the encore platform because there is not the traditional action. If you daughter will be shooting the rifle the Pro Hunter and Endeavor will be the way to go because of the integrated recoil reduction system.

Because the scopes are mounted directly to the barrel there will be no change in zero once you are sighted in. Careful storage will do more to preserve your zero than disassembling your rifle.

Good luck and good choice. you will not go wrong with the TC.

I had a twenty nine inch barrel on an encore and it still had a shorter overall length than most of my bolt rifles. I love using encore's, especially as handguns.

Thanks guys!! Alot of good infO!!!

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

Good gun. Recoil pad stinks get a Sims. Weak spring on the firing pin. Trigger ok. Like the shorter barrel because I hunt more brush than open. Switch barrels between muzzleloader and 22/250 without sighting in. Wishing for a 270wsm.

Bought a Encore Pro Hunter muzzle and love it.
Recently bought a 28" barrel in 300 WSM.
First set of hand loads were 3/4".
The flex stock is great, a lot less recoil than I thought it would have.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-27-10 AT 02:57PM (MST)[p]You will LOVE IT!!! Very accurate and yes the gun stays zeroed in if you change barrels...but I ALWAYS check mine anyway. It has never been off yet. I shoot .25-06, .308 and 7 Mag out of mine and absolutely love it!!

I have 3 barrels for my T/C Encore.

I am very happy with my purchase.

Plus it doesn't wieght much even the 7mag with the 3.5-10 scope.

Robb

My brother has one. But I don't think he would ever part with it. I would not recommend the interchangeable barrels so much. They are easy to switch out but from what I have seen they are not super accurate when you swap them around all the time. Plus single shot is a pain.

Dillon

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom