Taxidermy

J

Js276

Looking for taxidermists in or near Altura/modoc or in Bay Area ?

Secondly tips for prepping a buck for taxidermy? Never sent one to get mounted. Leave head attached and take whole animal in, cut the head and leave a cape? How long will it hold for? Suggestions pointers?

If looking for a quick answer, maybe my thoughts will help you...

Skin the cape out first, cut one nice straight cut up the back all the way to the back of the head.

Cut cape around body way behind the front legs leaving lots of extra cape for the taxi guy to work with. Lots of guys cut the cape too short!

Once the cape is loose all the way to the base of head, cut through the neck and bone leaving cape and head separate from the rest of the body. Wrap that up, keep it cold/cool, and get it to your taxi guy soon as possible.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I used one just north of king city he did a great job for also so all of tom wiloughby work I know I butchered tom's last name but the phone is on charger so I cant get info

West Coast Taxidermy, San Bruno, Ca. Check out their website. Awesome work, game and fish. They also did game heads used on TV shows and world class game mounts. Well worth the travel time to take a quality head to these guys IMO.

))))------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom