Taxidermy Room in New House

D

Desertdweller

Folks,

I am getting ready to move into a new house that has a room that my wife wants to use to hang our taxidermy mounts in. I am looking for some ideas on how to approach the design of this room. The room is approx 14 x 20 with 11 foot ceilings. It has two windows and will also be used as the tv/game room for the kids.

I have 2 elk mounts, 1 europen elk mount, 5 mule deer, 2 oryx, 1 european oryx, 1 antelope, and 1 barbary sheep. All mounts are shoulder mounts. I also have about 12 sets of mule deer antlers mounted on a heart shaped plaque (do these look good on a wall in the house, they are special to me because most of them are the first deer that my kids harvested)

Give me some ideas on how you would design the room.

Please post some pictures of how you designed your "man" cave or direct me to some web sites that may have some nice pictures.

I would search the message board for 'trophy room pictures' as there have been threads on this topic before. I would consider some type of non-drywall like pine or cedar as it adds the rustic look but also gives a fellow more flexibility to move stuff around over time and not have to worry about nail/screw holes.

2928wall.jpg

5936wall_2.jpg

Is the room complete or do you need to finish? I would add 3/4" plywood before you sheetrock that way you can hang anything anywhere. Did it in both my houses and it was the only way to go.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom