Taxidermy crisis

woodruffhunter

Long Time Member
I have an elk that I would like to have mounted (European). If possible, I would like to do some trade out work for the cape. I need to find a reputable taxidermist that might be interested.

I froze the cape (its been salted) but now have taken it out to make room for the meat. And yes, I know I should have thought about this before.

Do any of you know someone near Rich County Utah/Evanston Wyoming area? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Dont know about any that will trade work for a cape, europeans usually go for around $150+ and I doubt that you could get much more than $50 for a cape, but you can try to barter with a guy I suppose.

Mike
at235.gif

Too bad you arent in Washington. I would do your european for 80 bucks. You might have trouble bartering with a hide.
Eric

fart.gif

Bird-01.gif

It would probably be hard to trade it for a european. I think many would trade for a more simple plaque mount with leather neatly wrapped around the skule plate. I know the guy in Riverdale has done this for deer capes before.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the comments. I guess I should have been a little more specific with the "trade" talk. I was looking for a partial trade for the cape. By no means am expecting a European mount for a cape; only a discount.

I guess I will deal with this when this hot dry Utah deer hunt is completed.

Jason

My father had a taxidermist just over the mountain from you.
I believe it was in the cache valley near Logan as it was he spoke highly of his work and quality. A retired peace officer he was and could tell you were to hunt to have great success.
I don't recall his first or last name but he went by the nick name of Chase. One heck of a hunter too I heard Dad say. Best of luck ole friend.

I do european mounts for $100 but don't have any interest in the cape. I live near ogden. If you are interested, give me a call 801-718-1097. Jimmy

Stay away from Chase's in Logan, UT. His reputation went downhill since he burned alot of his clients.

CC

The aforementioned poster will be doing the taxidermy work. Thanks for your "concern"

Best regards,

Ian "the BS-er"

Well, I just got my European Mount back (from Jimmy G, previous post) and I am very happy with the results. He charged a $100 and furnished a really nice walnut plaque.

And besides that, it only took a week. I will post a pic in the near future.

PS: Jimmy, thanks again for the oustanding, quick job. Hopefully, I will have some business for you next year!

Jason

Glad to hear you got it from your mom OK. I was a little worried about it makiing it home in the truck without getting damaged. Thanks for putting in a good word from me and if you could put up a pic for the world to see, that would be great. Keep my number around and if you hear of anyone else needing some work, I would appreciate you sending them my way. Congrats on taking a nice bull and hope you enjoy him. Thanks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom