Tans My Hide???

Daxter

Very Active Member
My Dad is going to shoot a cow buffalo next week and I was wanting to get the hide tanned. I have taken stuff to Fox Valley Leather in the past and was pleased with the results and the prices. I hear they are out of business, where else in UT could I take a buffalo hide to get tanned for a resonable price? Thanks for any info.

Dax

pm sent

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Archery is a year round commitment!!

Fox Valley would sub out thier hair on soft tans. I can put you in touch with the tannery that did a majority of thier soft tans. He is located in UT county.

Thanks for the pm SWbuckmaster.

Sneak,

If you have the info on the UT county tannery that would be good too. You can pm me, or just post it up. I am wanting hair on, just planning on making a rug. I had to bump the hunt back a week after this latest snow storm, it is wild out there right now.

Dax

There is nothing that compares to a well tanned "hair on" buffalo hide (robe). They are huge. Very pretty. They are not cheap to have tanned though. No matter who you go to. It is ALOT of square feet of hide. I had the remainder of my bull bison hide tanned with the hair on after I had my shoulder mount done. I figured that it was between 1/3 and 1/2 of a whole hide. The bull was twelve years old and huge. It weiged just over 2200 lbs at the meat cutters when we weighed it. The cost was $500 to have it tanned. I have it laying on the floor in front of the fireplace in my trophy room. I really debated with myself whether I wanted to get it done at the time. I sure am glad that I had it tanned. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I am deffinately going to have the whole hide tanned on the next young meat bull that I shoot. That should be this next winter sometime.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom