taliban POW coming home...

feddoc

Long Time Member
Wonderful news for his family

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...nistan-bergdahl-is-released-after-five-years/

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the only American solider held captive in Afghanistan, has been released by the Taliban in exchange for five Afghan detainees, U.S. officials said Saturday.

Bergdahl was held captive for nearly five years, after leaving his base in east Afghanistan on June 30, 2009.

Officials said the detainees were in the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and the deal happened after a week of intense negotiations mediated by the government of Qatar, which will take custody of the Afghans.

?On behalf of the American people, I was honored to call [Bergdahl?s] parents to express our joy that they can expect his safe return, mindful of their courage and sacrifice throughout this ordeal,? President Obama said.

A Defense Department official gave Fox News the names of the detainees: Mohammad Fazl, Mullah Norullah Noori, Mohammed Nabi, Khairullah Khairkhwa, and Abdul Haq Wasiq. They are believed to be the top five Taliban leaders at the prison and were selected in 2012 by Taliban leaders as part of initial negotiations

There are now 149 detainees remaining at Guantanamo Bay.

Bergdahl, a Hailey, Idaho native, was captured outside his base. However, whether he walked off the base or was captured by the enemy remains unclear.

He is thought to have been captured by members of the Haqqani network, which operates in the Afghanistan-Pakistan border region and has been one of the deadliest threats to U.S. troops in the war.

The announcement of his release comes as the United States winds down its military operation in Afghanistan.

?Sergeant Bergdahl?s recovery is a reminder of America?s unwavering commitment to leave no man or woman in uniform behind on the battlefield,? Obama also said.

"We were so joyful and relieved when President Obama called us,? Bergdahl?s parent said in a statement in which they also thanked officials and supporters. ?We cannot wait to wrap our arms around our only son. ? We are ecstatic.?

U.S. officials said efforts to negotiate with the Taliban for Bergdahl?s release began in November 2010 and that his return has been a top priority, at the highest level, since May 2011.

They said the opportunity to such diplomatic efforts emerged several weeks ago and negotiations were made indirectly with the Taliban?s political commission.

Officials emphasized the administration has repeatedly made clear that no Guantanamo detainees will be transferred unless the threat they pose the U.S. can be mitigated and that their release is consistent with the country?s humane treatment policy.

Officials said the Taliban turned the 28-year-old Bergdahl over Saturday evening, local time, in Afghanistan. Several dozen U.S. special forces were involved in the exchange, which took place in eastern Afghanistan, near the Pakistani border.

Officials described the transfer as a nonviolent handover between the American forces and about 18 Taliban.

A U.S. official said when Bergdahl was aboard a military helicopter he wrote on a paper plate, because it was too loud to talk,"SF?" -- meaning are you Special Forces?

The operators sitting with Bergdahl responded loudly, saying, yes, we've been looking for you for a long time. Bergdahl broke down crying, the official said.

Bergdahl was in good condition and able to walk, according to the officials, who insisted on anonymity in order to describe the details of his release.

Bergdahl is expected to be transferred to Bagram Air Field, the main U.S. base in Afghanistan, then on to the United States.

The Haqqani network, which the State Department designated as a foreign terrorist organization in 2012, claims allegiance to the Afghan Taliban, yet operates with some degree of autonomy.

The five Afghan detainees from Guantanamo were still at the base as of Saturday morning, but were being transferred into the custody of Qatar officials. Under the conditions of their release, the detainees will be banned from traveling outside of Qatar for at least one year.

They are being transferred via a U.S. Air Force C-17 plane. Based on the terms of the detainees' release, they will be subject to restrictions on their movement and activities.

"We were so joyful and relieved when President Obama called us,? Bergdahl?s parent said in a statement in which they also thanked officials and supporters. ?We cannot wait to wrap our arms around our only son. ? We are ecstatic.?

Officials said Obama spoke with Bergdahl's parents Saturday, shortly after their son had been taken into U.S. custody. Bergdahl's family was in Washington on a previously scheduled visit when they received the news.

?The responsibility to make sure all of our men and women in uniform return from battle, especially those taken prisoner and held during war, is deeply personal to me, as someone who has worn the uniform of my country and as someone who was deeply involved in those efforts with respect to the unfinished business of the war in which I fought." said Secretary of State John Kerry, who with Obama thanked Qatar officials.

He definitely has some splainin' to do. The jackazz left a note saying he had to find himself or some crap and left his post and just started walking aimlessly... an obvious death sentence considering he was in a Taliban heavy hotbed zone. So because he was an idiot we had to sacrifice 5 Taliban leaders that we had in captivity. This doesn't sit right with me. Don't get me wrong I'm super happy he is back and I'm sure he regrets his actions (He better) but why did our idiotic Loser president trade FIVE Taliban. WTH. Not a fair trade at all. Hopefully we can re-capture them 5 ragheads before they do more damage.

Yes, and we "negotiated" with a terrorist group with the trade of 5 known terrorists locked up at Guantanamo Bay for this?
Since when did the US break their own rule of negotiating with terrorists anyway?
This dude got into the mess he found himself in all by himself, and we let five go for one that wasn't sure what side he wanted to be on??

The problem I see with this is when we capture a top taliban leader, his coharts will go out and capture one of our state dept. staff and yell "trade or we kill our captured American".
Obama may have opened Pandora's box with this trade.

RELH

....great trade, a deserter for 5 top Taliban officials.......we are so fricking stupid and weak it is just sad........

...god have mercy on our souls......

1283eagle_government.jpg

Probably another one of 440's Black Little Buddy making Trades again!

GEEZUS!!!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I hope that they still had the 5 Taliban in a C130 and once they had the American in hand that they dropped off the Taliban guys... from about 10,000 feet.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

Even tho his actions that led to his capture seem questionable, I know that the stress of combat can make even the toughest soldiers crack.If the Sgt had "issues"like PTSD or whatever when he got captured I will bet he is over them now!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-14 AT 12:36PM (MST)[p]phuuuuuck him. Should have left him there and not had 5 Marines give up their lives.

ARMY TIMES: Military community reaction mixed to Bergdahl release
http://www.armytimes.com/article/20...-community-reaction-mixed-to-Bergdahl-release

Rolling Stone magazine (that right-wing, reactionary, mouthpiece of the U.S. Military) quoted emails Bergdahl is said to have sent to his parents: "that suggest he was disillusioned with America's mission in Afghanistan, had lost faith in the U.S. Army's mission there and was considering desertion.

Bergdahl told his parents he was 'ashamed to even be American'.

Bergdahl, who mailed home boxes containing his uniform and books, also wrote: 'The future is too good to waste on lies. And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong.'...."

I wonder how soon Hailey, ID will host a "Bowe Bergdahl Day", complete with parade,key to the town, yellow ribbons lining the streets, a "Welcome Home" banner, etc. Heck, they might even get the Prez to show up for a bit of grandstanding on this one! Our Foreign Affairs are a SHAM! Too bad there are not CIA operatives to somehow make an accident occur to prevent the deliverance of those "detainees."

Sounds to me like Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, Is lucky to not have been beheaded by those Taliban SCUM! very grateful he was not. Now if we could learn that the released Taliban TRASH were to make it to their home destination, with whatever other SCUM will now harbor them, About 30 seconds ahead of a cruise missile. Now THAT would be a truly Great story and even happier ending

He wasn't lucky...he and his dad are muslim.

"Forwarded from Jeff Howard. "We were at OP Mest, Paktika Province, Afghanistan. It was a small outpost where B Co 1-501st INF (Airbone) ran operations out of, just an Infantry platoon and ANA counterparts there. The place was an Afghan graveyard. Bergdahl had been acting a little strange, telling people he wanted to "walk the earth" and kept a little journal talking about how he was meant for better things. No one thought anything about it. He was a little ?out there?. Next morning he's gone. We search everywhere, and can't find him. He left his weapon, his kit, and other sensitive items. He only took some water, a compass and a knife. We find some afghan kids shortly after who saw an american walking north asking about where the taliban are. We get hits on our voice intercepter that Taliban has him, and we were close. We come to realize the kid deserted his post, snuck out of camp and sought out Taliban? to join them. We were in a defensive position at OP Mest, where your focus is to keep people out. He knew where the blind spots were to slip out and that's what he did. It was supposed to be a 4-day mission but turned into several months of active searching. Everyone was spun up to find this guy. News outlets all over the country were putting out false information. It was hard to see, especially when we knew the truth about what happened and we lost good men trying to find him. PFC Matthew Michael Martinek, Staff Sgt. Kurt Robert Curtiss, SSG Clayton Bowen, PFC Morris Walker, SSG Michael Murphrey, 2LT Darryn Andrews, were all KIA from our unit who died looking for Bergdahl. Many others from various units were wounded or killed while actively looking for Bergdahl. Fighting Increased. IEDs and enemy ambushes increased. The Taliban knew that we were looking for him in high numbers and our movements were predictable. Because of Bergdahl, more men were out in danger, and more attacks on friendly camps and positions were conducted while we were out looking for him. His actions impacted the region more than anyone wants to admit. There is also no way to know what he told the Taliban: Our movements, locations, tactics, weak points on vehicles and other things for the enemy to exploit are just a few possibilities. The Government knows full well that he deserted. It looks bad and is a good propaganda piece for the Taliban. They refuse to acknowledge it. Hell they even promoted him to Sergeant which makes me sick. I feel for his family who only want their son/brother back. They don't know the truth, or refuse to acknowledge it as well. What he did affected his family and his whole town back home, who don't know the truth. Either way what matters is that good men died because of him. He has been lying on all those Taliban videos about everything since his ?capture?. If he ever returns, he should be tried under the UCMJ for being a deserter and judged for what he did. Bergdahl is not a hero, he is not a soldier or an Infantryman. He failed his brothers. Now, sons and daughters are growing up without their fathers who died for him and he will have to face that truth someday."

F**K THAT TRAITOR MOTHERF****R.

Do you know how many people died trying to capture those five camel humpers?

And O-DUMBO gives them away for a F**CKING COWARD TRAITOR?

Then he lets his TRAITOR dad speak the language of evil on the White House lawn?

F**K both them MOTHERF****RS and O-DUMBO too.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-14 AT 01:11PM (MST)[p]https://www.facebook.com/Boweisatraitor?fref=nf

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom