Tale of two guns

feddoc

Long Time Member
WIfey gave me a choice between two guns (birthday present)

One is a Savage .338 Lapua (110BA) and the other is a Weatherby .30/378.

If you have either one of these, any info to be offred would be great.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I like the .30/.378. I can't compare, because I don't own the other but you'd get more recoil and more expensive bullets. Can't imagine what you're going to shoot that the Weatherby won't put down. (And (at least mine) they're accurate!)

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Man...........don't know nothing about the guns, but does you wife have a single sister who is as generous as her? All my ex-wife ever gave me was high blood pressure and heart ache!!!!!

Yeah Feddoc, I agree she's a keeper. Mine bought me a bow for father's day, no strings attached!

My Weatherby shoots nice but it's just a little 'ol .300 not a .30/.378. It's a tack driving machine. The Weatherby's are great people, they build a fine rifle and the money goes to support some good families. I know, I may sound a little biased on this one.

You can only shoot as far as you can see so be sure it has some good optics.....all part of the "gun". (Your gonna need anvil's for scope mounts).

Either way you can't go wrong. Good luck on your choice!

Hey man whatever you do don't post a picture of your wife for all these animals to see, you can just pm me. I like the Savage.

You young guys are soooo dumb!

The woman knows EXACTLY what a box of shells costs and every time you buy a box, she is going to buy some imported Italian shoes and a handbag to match.

Even if I'm wrong, she is going to chit a worm with a bell on it, when she sees the price per round.

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

Hey nickman

I don't know, I've looked at this from a couple of different angles.

The glass is half empty:
The rat takes the cheese, the trap springs, the rat gets caught.

The glass is half full:
The rat takes the cheese, the trap springs, the rat has a trap to show his buddies.

I don't know if this makes a difference but I was checking out Monster Muleys sister site Ditzy Does and someone there with the handle of "nikigirl" put up a post called "How to get what you want-the fine art of blackmailing your hunter husband...." Not pointing any fingers, just saying!

(and those were not shells, they were sawblades)

>Hey nickman
>
>I don't know, I've looked at
>this from a couple of
>different angles.
>
>The glass is half empty:
>The rat takes the cheese, the
>trap springs, the rat gets
>caught.
>
>The glass is half full:
>The rat takes the cheese, the
>trap springs, the rat has
>a trap to show his
>buddies.
>
>I don't know if this makes
>a difference but I was
>checking out Monster Muleys sister
>site Ditzy Does and someone
>there with the handle of
>"nikigirl" put up a post
>called "How to get what
>you want-the fine art of
>blackmailing your hunter husband...." Not
>pointing any fingers, just saying!
>
>
>(and those were not shells, they
>were sawblades)

.............LOL!.....'Splains why I must rotate wives every 15 years or so.

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

I love the 30-378 I have 3 (2 Wtby 1 Sako) of them. all great shooters, I guess you can't get enough of a good thing.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

No, she has a single sister, but, I wouldn't wish her on my worst enemy.

>Man...........don't know nothing about the guns,
>but does you wife have
>a single sister who
>is as generous as her?
> All my ex-wife ever
>gave me was high blood
>pressure and heart ache!!!!!

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom