Tagged Out

Longun

Long Time Member
Well, this didn't take long. I scouted around 2 weeks ago and found this buck and figured if I saw him again the first day I'd take him. Drove down to the ridge he was on this morning and tagged out 7:30 a.m. Now ready for deer season to start FRIDAY!!
4504d5f74ee08cbe.jpg982e5.jpg

Longun!!!

ON THE GRASS???

BEHIND A FENCE???

AND NOT WITH A .50???

NICE BUCK!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING NICE LOPER!!!

Well Geez guys--Kilo said the best goat hunting was on the Kemmerer Golf Course!!! Bobcat-they wouldn't let me shoot the .50 within town limits HEHEHE.

Mike,
Sure that it was you and not your crackshot wife that took the buck? LOL Just kidding, congrats to you and now go that big BUCK and not one like when I was there with you a few years ago.
If I ever draw that area, I know where to ask for assistance in the hunt. Now if you can bag them on the back lawn, that is even better. Now go have a Beer at the Watering Hole for me.

Brian

All kidding aside for everyone-I didn't shoot it on the golf course or my backyard. Here's a pic of the general area of where I got him. It grows some nice goats. This is my wife on one of her BLM mustangs she trained a couple of years ago. I scored my goat yesterday and thought for sure he'd go 80 but missed by a 1/2 inch.
Needed a little more horn length than 15 1/2 inches. I am satisfied though, he's the prettiest one I've killed so far.
4506aa86527a70f0.jpg

Great Buck Mike! I haven't ran across one that would beat that here all summer.
Got back yesterday from my ram hunt. I was lucky enough to kill a 14" x 38" full curl 8 year old. He is far better than I would have been happy with. I'll try to post a pic up this afternoon, still have to take care of the meat and finish unpacking. MB

Here he is, I am still mighty pleased. Planned to be bowhunting elk now, but got banged up a little on the sheep hunt and can't draw my bow back or hike very hard. Guess I will lay up a few days and hope to get back at it next week.
MB

RE: MtnBuck's Ram

Here is MtnBuck's Ram from there in Wyoming. That is a great looking Ram there and hope that you have some good meals like you said from the backstraps. Congrats to you on the hunt.
Brian

hatchersheep.jpg

Hey Warren,

Congrats!! Thats a great Ram. You got the horns at the house or are they at a taxerdermy already. Now you got any time to go chase a big Muley somewnere? The best Iv'e seen so far is a 20in 4point.

Hey Mike, I wondered when you were going to come out of the hills. Yea I got the horns here at home, Jim has the cape. The ram is way better than I hoped to tag, I am still pumped. I'm off till Oct 5th and plan to get after the bulls and bucks as soon as my ribs heal enough that I can take a deep breath.
This weather ought to help the huntin a bit and get the bulls talking. mb

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom