Tag Soup Club

AWHOLELOTTABULL

Long Time Member
I was just curious how many of the MM faithful belong to the illustrious "Tag Soup Club"?

I am - LE Wasatch Archery 2005 - passed several 300-340" bulls waiting for the big boy. It never happened but I had a great time chasing those stinky things with my own tag.

It's always an adventure!!!

I am this year, I was too picky for the time I had. Tag soup for archery elk this year..

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>mmmmmmm.....tag soup.

It probably taste better then that huge nasty bull you shot, just doesn't look as good on the wall.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-10 AT 10:02AM (MST)[p]A friend of mine had an LE archery tag for the Wasatch hunted 19 days and had Tag soup for breakfast yesterday!

Ahh, it starts to taste better when you mix it with several tags. 1998 Archery Deer - Paunsaugunt, 2002 Archery Deer - Bookcliffs, 2003 Yellowstone Bear tag. Should I go on? Doesn't it taste like chicken?

-Kevin

I live on a steady diet of tag soup. I ate a CWMU elk tag in 2008, and Arizona elk tag in 2009. My OTC tags I will be eating this year will taste similar.

Just got some fresh tag to add to my soup. Just got soup on my Colorado unit 49 muzzleloader tag. I've got lots of other tags in there, but none that took so many points.

AWLB,

When I think of someday hunting an LE Elk Unit I'll have to admit I think of You!

I'm a thinkin I'll be right there with you eatin Big Bull Track/Tag Soup,it's gonna be tasty but spendy!

I get Pisscutter Tag Soup quite often,one of these days the flavor is gonna change!:D

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

I ate tag soup last year, but I only had 4 points on archery wasatch LE elk. But I learned alot, but I still see the miss in my dreams.

I've eaten general tag soup for years... not for lack of effort or animals seen. I've had 3 deer stolen in 5 years and last year I was unable to locate a 170+ Buck I shot on the extended hunt.... it sucks!

My biggest tag soup entrees were 1st Az strip (13b)deer tag back in 1996 (I killed 218" buck in 2008), The other was Az unit 9 archery elk. Had a fantastic hunt though.

A spoon full of sugar sure helps the tag go down a little bit better.

YOUR FAT!! DON'T TRY AND SUGAR COAT IT OR YOU WILL EAT THAT TOO!!

Tag soup here. MMMMMM sure taste good!!!! Here in a couple weeks archery whitetail will be open and I have 2 buck tags and 2 doe tags. The freezer will not be empty, but my wall space with a big muley will be vacant for another year:)

Well I am stuck with tag soup this year...Tasty!!! Drew a good archery deer tag in Nevada and I couldn't seal the deal. I put in a bunch of time hunting one big buck and had a total of 18 days on the mountain during my hunt. Guess I have to go to my bro's house for deer steaks this year (he was able to connect on the buck I chased with his muzzleloader)...

Deloras Triangle deer 2000. 11 days of hunting and 155 bucks pasts on. My buddy killed a yote to mix in the soup so it wasn't to bad.

Yelum

Hey awholelottabull. I tasted some great tag soup on San Juan this year. Wanted a 375+ bull. Found 4 that would go that including a monster 400+ 8x8 I hunted the last 2 days of hunt. Passed on many 340-360 bulls in the quest. I just couldn't live with my self if I Would have shot one of them knowing I could of been hunting that bull. Sad part is I had the 8x8 anywhere from 7 yards to 40 yards for 2 hours and couldn't get a shot. That whole ethical shot placement kept getting in the way. Believe it was the bull Doyle and the boys have been chasing down there. I have killer video I will post up someday
Curtis Wilson

Just got back from Wyoming yesterday. We saw around 100 bucks on the hunt. I think my tag is already in the crock pot and should be ready for dinner tonight.

Well like you stated before Mt nebo is tough to archery hunt.My limited entry bull mt nebo is finally goin into the crock pot.I hit a big one the second to last day With two arrows,one high behind shoulder the next in neck somewhere.I guess my shots were to high for him to bleed.Even one a complete pass through.,Just wasnt finding any blood at all,but my arrow.IT sucks,cause i know he is dead.Last day i could have shot a spike but figured i need to find my first one si passed it up.Still looken for birds and smells.If you come across one up off of gentle band ridge,please let me know.Thanks kelly 8019104630

I have done the dedicated hunter program for 9 years in Utah my Dad for 9 years and my wife for 6 years that is a total of 24 years and we have ate tage soup 23 of the 24 years. I shot one buck it was a 25" 5X5 that scored in the 160's. We have ate lots of tag soup but have had lots of fun.

I ate my wasatch LE Archery elk, after some dumb ##### decided to help me track my bull down while I was patiently waiting my hour even with good blood. He said he found the blood and wanted to see how big he was. Ran him to who knows where. Thanks Stoney

Had plenty of General Tag soups over the years. Ate L.E. Muzzy elk soup last year and it was hard to do. Passed many bulls, got a good shot on a bull before dark, tracked him over 4 miles the next morning and hunted for him rest of hunt with no luck. Ohh, well, had one hell of a good time.

I'm also in that " Tag Soup Club'. Colorado unit 61 early rifle tag in 2004, numerous general season deer tags and throw in a few elk tags and that makes real good soup. Almost had the ultimate tag soup last year on the strip but connected on the last day.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom