Table mtn Outfitters

O

o1jeeptj

Has anyone used Table Mtn Outfitters? If so,how was your experience? I am thinking of booking a Wy mule
Deer hunt with them. Thanks

Have you researched any other outfitters. From what I've seen, a lot of money for mediocre bucks. There's better deals to be found in my opinion...

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-13 AT 12:24PM (MST)[p]Ditto what Triple_BB stated! They seem like a nice couple running an honest business from all the shows of theirs I've watched on TV. However, the antelope and deer they are taking on their shows are nothing to brag about for the money a guided hunt costs. I think if you do more research you can can do better. There are a couple pretty good ones advertising right on the left side of my screen on this website as I type this (Non-Typical and Mule Creek being two I'd definitely look at).

Add Triple Creek to your list. Jim Freeburn (ICM DEER) has a great rep for offering a quality hunt on well managed property in Southern / Southeast Wyo.

I have hunted with them several times. They are a very good outfit. Let me know and I will e-mail you some pics of some of the deer I have taken with them. Well I am a computer idiot so I will have my wife e-mail them to you if you would like. Also let me know and you can call me if you would like. If I had the money I would hunt with them every year.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-13 AT 09:19AM (MST)[p]So what inch class of bucks are you taking with them if I might ask? I watch their shows a lot on TV and just see average antelope and deer being taken that I wouldn't pay for on a guided hunt for what they charge because I can take the same animals on public land for the cost of the license. They do seem like a very nice couple running a good outfit and I'm not dissing them on that at all.

EDIT: Just looked up their price list and it looks like $800 to over $1000 a day for an antelope or mulie hunt out of their bunkhouse and I hardly see any deer in their huge photo gallery that would break 170". However, their success rate is almost 100% every year on both animals, so if that's what a guy's looking for and the money is available, then have at it. I just think those other outfitters on the west side of the state that we mentioned would provide a lot neater hunt on horseback with the chance at a lot better anmial for not that much more cash outlay.

The best buck I have taken with them is a 28 inch typical that scores 180. That had been my best buck ever until this year when I killed the buck of a life time in Colorado with my muzzle loader. I also killed a non typical that scored just over 170 but it is a very neat buck IMO. I posted a pic of that buck on here a few years ago. They dont take 200 inch deer. But they have a great ranch where you can kill 170 inch bucks if you a patient and can shoot straight. I have been hunting there and from one glassin spot i have seen mule deer, white tail deer, antelope and elk. The reason I like hunting with them so much is the amount of wildlife they have and you get to see. The private ranch is very nice because you have NO other hunter competition. I am sure you are like me and have had stalks blown because of other hunters four wheelers and such. On those rach hunts you dont have those problems. I am mainly a DIY guy. But every time I have hunted with Table Mountian I have had a great hunt. I agree with top gun that non- typical outfitters kills some whopper bucks but I think they hunt the greays river area. Great area but if I am paying money for a hunt I would rather be on private property and enjoy the non crowded type of hunt. I have huunted region G several times and I love it but it is a horsemans paradise every time I go there. Lots and lots of people. I will try to get my wife to poast some pics of the deer I have taken with TMO on here so you all can see the caliber of bucks you can expect from there.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-13 AT 09:28AM (MST)[p]I can fully understand that perspective and that's why all the BLM land I hunt is nonmotorized where I don't have problems like you mentioned. A mile or two walk into the areas before daylight and I very seldom see anyone else. Ranch hunting should definitely take away any of the problems you mentioned and if the place is like you are saying and you are taking deer like that I can see why you like them. I would too if I wanted to spend that kind of money, but I'm not. I hope you can post af ew pictures because those sound like some really nice bucks you've taken with them. If you or the wife can't figure out how to put them on the thread, just email them to me and I'll put them up for you. My addy by my username is active.

Ihave never hunted their bunk house hunt. I do not believe they hunt the Y CRoss ranch on that hunt. I would strongly suggest if you hunt with them spend the money to hunt on the Y Cross ranch. I know that is in unit 60. That is where I have hunted and I can tell you there are plenty of 170 class bucks there. The antelope I have taken with them have all been in the mid 70 inch class. IMO the deer hunting is better than antelope. I agree antelope can be done much easier DIY. But like I said before if you hunt antelope with them you wont have any other hunter competition either.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-13 AT 05:56PM (MST)[p]Looking at their gallery, I'm not seeing many 170 and better class bucks. The majority are mediocre and some are just outright dinks. Am I missing something?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-13 AT 08:53PM (MST)[p]The 180" mulie and 140" whitetail that notags2 has taken with them are both very nice bucks, but I'm having trouble getting them up on this post. I'll keep trying!

Hey topgun I am glad you got the pics. My 170 non-typical is at my friends taxidermy shop. I will see him this week and I will snap a few pics of it also. He's not the biggest buck but he is a neat lookin 170. Thanks again for being willing to post them for me.

I don't want to sound bad, but I've watch 30+ of there shows, and most of the Antelope and deer they shoot, I wouldn't shoot on a regular tag anywhere. I've never seen a buck antelope on there that they've taken that you couldn't shoot on the worst unit in Wyoming without a guide. And there deer look thin horned maybe 150's on there best bucks. Now that's on there TV show, and I would think they would show some of there best, and if that's there best, it's poor quality. I think they over hunt there area, that's the way it looks on there show to me. They seem like really nice people, but the quality isn't there.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom