For Sale T/C Black Diamond 50 cal.

WannaXbe

Thompson Center Black Diamond with a weaver 3-9x40 with adjustable focus that I picked up and have decided I want an omega or kodiak. The rifling seems to be in decent shape with some minor pitting. I am not sure where to start with price so lets say 235.00 plus shipping. If I am too high, let me know.

IMG_4354.jpeg

IMG_4353.jpeg

IMG_4355.jpeg

IMG_4356.jpeg

IMG_4357.jpeg

IMG_4358.jpeg

IMG_4359.jpeg

IMG_4360.jpeg

IMG_4363.jpeg

IMG_4364.jpeg

Listen….. I’m really not trying to be a jerk as you seem genuine. You said, “if I’m too high, let me know”… This is just one guys opinion but I have well above average muzzleloader experience…. There is no way to sugar coat the fact that that rifle is 100% useless as a shooter and on the verge of being unethical to sell to the next less knowledgeable person who may be wanting to get in the muzzy game. The bore is completely ruined and this is a prime example of why shooting a muzzleloader then not cleaning it is really bad. It ruins them. While this rifle could probably be made to go “bang”, it really needs a chop saw and a trash can. It might be possible to re-bore to .52 or .54 cal or even bored out and sleeved, the rifle isn’t worth the cost of repair. Your best bet it to part it out on eBay and recover what you can from it. The scope may have some value but the first gen Weaver adjustable scopes weren’t known for the best reliability. I wouldn’t take that rifle if you gave it to me and paid for shipping..

Good luck,

Todd

Hey just_a_hunter?

Can You Tell us What You're Really Thinking?:D

Listen….. I’m really not trying to be a jerk as you seem genuine. You said, “if I’m too high, let me know”… This is just one guys opinion but I have well above average muzzleloader experience…. There is no way to sugar coat the fact that that rifle is 100% useless as a shooter and on the verge of being unethical to sell to the next less knowledgeable person who may be wanting to get in the muzzy game. The bore is completely ruined and this is a prime example of why shooting a muzzleloader then not cleaning it is really bad. It ruins them. While this rifle could probably be made to go “bang”, it really needs a chop saw and a trash can. It might be possible to re-bore to .52 or .54 cal or even bored out and sleeved, the rifle isn’t worth the cost of repair. Your best bet it to part it out on eBay and recover what you can from it. The scope may have some value but the first gen Weaver adjustable scopes weren’t known for the best reliability. I wouldn’t take that rifle if you gave it to me and paid for shipping..

Good luck,

Todd

I’m probably going to get flamed for posting that, but maybe if the OP read something similar before he came into this muzzy, he wouldn’t be needing to sell it. I’m seriously not trying to be a jerk but the thought of a new, less knowledgeable person getting a “great deal” on this package is very bothersome. That bore is WAY beyond “minor pitting”.. but the OP did post clear pics, I’ll give him that.

Judging from the OP’s posts, he’s learning that getting a good muzzleloader to shoot accurately can be challenging. I’m guessing he’s learned the hard way this rifle has no hope.. T/C Black Diamonds are great muzzy’s and some of the best shooters if they have a good bore.

Todd

You Know I'm Just RAZZIN Ya!:D

That Gun Might Need A Little Oil!:D

I’m probably going to get flamed for posting that, but maybe if the OP read something similar before he came into this muzzy, he wouldn’t be needing to sell it. I’m seriously not trying to be a jerk but the thought of a new, less knowledgeable person getting a “great deal” on this package is very bothersome. That bore is WAY beyond “minor pitting”.. but the OP did post clear pics, I’ll give him that.

Judging from the OP’s posts, he’s learning that getting a good muzzleloader to shoot accurately can be challenging. I’m guessing he’s learned the hard way this rifle has no hope.. T/C Black Diamonds are great muzzy’s and some of the best shooters if they have a good bore.

Todd

I have not shot this one yet, just decided after taking it apart to clean that I really don’t want this style. It is pitted but I plan to shoot it this weekend. Thank you for the info. If someone wants it for the parts, makes me no difference but I may just keep it and see how it shoots 🤷🏻‍♂️. Not really afraid of shooting it as I have shot others that looked much worse.

I doesn’t appear unsafe to shoot. Like I said, it will probably go “bang”… If the absolute furthest shot is 40-50 yards, it may work for that if you don’t plan on needing to reload it with a fouled barrel… If it was slow twisted for patched balls, it may work surprisingly well for that as is, but it isn’t slow twisted. Good luck (sincerely) getting any sort of accuracy out of it shooting any type of bullet, or getting a 2nd sabot loaded after it is fouled..

Todd

I’m currently shooting over 30 muzzies.

It may clean up. I’ve bought rifles with “good” bores on eBay/Gunbroker that looked like a sewer pipe when they arrived. A little EvapoRust, oiled steel wool and/or JB can make a big difference. Some still shot just fine after cleaning/polishing. Tough to get clean though when really pitted. You really can’t judge how it will shoot based on those pics.

It may clean up. I’ve bought rifles with “good” bores on eBay/Gunbroker that looked like a sewer pipe when they arrived. A little EvapoRust, oiled steel wool and/or JB can make a big difference. Some still shot just fine after cleaning/polishing. Tough to get clean though when really pitted. You really can’t judge how it will shoot based on those pics.
I have spent about an hour cleaning it but have not tried evaporust. I will look around for some. I have used T17 foaming bore cleaner and hops no. 9 bore solvent so far. If anyone is interested in it, my price is very negotiable and with or without the scope.

I have spent about an hour cleaning it but have not tried evaporust. I will look around for some. I have used T17 foaming bore cleaner and hops no. 9 bore solvent so far. If anyone is interested in it, my price is very negotiable and with or without the scope.
You need to get more aggressive. Check out the numerous posts on MML on cleaning up bores.

I’ll give you that, but there isn’t a world where a barrel in that condition aids/helps the precision/accuracy potential…

Todd

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom