sworo or vortex vipers

muzz

Long Time Member
I have the swaros but looking for a second pair. how are the vortex vipers compared to the the swaro slc?

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

I compared them side by side out in the hills looking at deer and I was impressed with my vipers. They are every bit as good as the SLCs until you start looking at a mile away then the swaros were a little better but for the money I don't think you can beat the vipers. I have the 10x42s and their customer service is awesome. From what I hear the ELs are a definite step us but you do pay for the difference. I think you would like them as a back up. Thats my 2 cents.

Fuzzy

I'm sure over 10 years the swaros will out do the Vortex
But when you compare the price difference and the
excellent customer service of the Vortex
I would go with the vortex

Ya, I have wondered about the long run with Vortex but I just sent mine in and had all 4 lenses replaced from scratches and wear and tear and they are now as good as new. Best part, it didn't cost me a dime, so with that I am sure they will last forever.

They dont compare..I know this will start a fight, but I used a pair a bit on the early rifle elk hunt..I dont know where they get to good rep, it was like looking thru a glass of water.

There's no flies on the Vortex Vipers and I actually prefer them over the Vortex Razors, but they are what they are, and that's a $450.00 binocular. IMO, anyone who thinks they're getting a free lunch with "lesser quality" binoculars is dreaming.

Having said that, I also realize not everyone wants or needs $1,500.00 binos, so I'm glad to see some great options on the market. Another great choice in that price range is the Zen-Ray ED3. Vortex has the better warranty though.

Muzz this dosent answer your question, but I've been using my swaro 8x30s more than my 10x50s there a lot lighter.

excellent glass, unreliable contruction. Have seen enough of them fail (2 spotting scopes and a rifle scope to be specific) in the field to rely on them. Keep a pair in the truck though.I have used and abused my swaros and they are still going strong.For the money though, vortex can't be beat.

Thats the direction i am wanting to head deerlove.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom