Swarvoski El vrs New Swarvoski SLC HD

N

n2chukar

I am in the process of trying to replace my stolen binos a few weeks ahead of my archery elk season. I've already made my decision on my 10X25's, but I'd like your feedback on the EL vrs the New HD SLC Swarvoski's. I'm buying the 10x42's. I'm not terribly concerned about weight. Ilike the idea of the SLC HD as they seem a little more rugged, but I'm wondering if anyone has had the chance to compare the optics?

I have not compared the SLC HD to the EL's optically but the EL's are pretty darned rugged themselves. fatrooster.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-10 AT 09:57PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-10 AT 09:56?PM (MST)

Compared them 3 times at Cabelas and could not make a decision. I ended up buying both and taking them home for a week to compare head to head. Despite hours behind them, I still could not make a clear decision as to which was better optically.

This sounds weird, but I thought the Swarovisions almost had a 3-D effect - which was cool. I thought straight lines were a little sharper with the Swarovisions. The SLC-HD had a little better light transmission very early and late in the day.

I eventually made the decision based on 2 other categories. The SLC-HD binos were smaller / lighter and cheaper. Optically, I think it is an individual decision.

Bottom line, neither is a bad choice.

I have always said that I seriously question (don't know if there has been any research done) whether or the human eye (most I'm sure there are some eagle eyes out there) can tell the difference when comparing a high end bino and a high end bio HD as you are doing--I just don't think you can tell.

Todd Black
BTO

I agree. In hunting situations it won't matter anyway, as HD glass won't let you see things that non HD glass will show in high end optics like Swaro. I'm not sold on the toughness of the EL's either, as our group has trashed two pair in the past two seasons. Swaro service is stellar, and fixed them both for $0.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom