swarovski Z series

Great scopes. Durable with amazing optics. I'm a big 30 mm scope fan and think the Z6, with it's extended magnification range is the best and most versatile 30 mm scope on the market. It's a little bit larger and heavier than other 30 mm scopes, but its negligible and has to account for the 6x magnification, versus the standard 4x magnification. Great scopes!

Hey BigWop69, fancy meetin' you here! Ha!

I have used all three, and was impressed with all three.

Just like WyGriz said, the Z6 has an awesome magnification range. I had the 1.7-10x42mm on my .300 Win, but found that I just didn't need the ultra low-end magnification on a rifle like that, so I traded it for the Z5 3.5-18x44mm BRX. I don't know how often I will need the extreme high-end magnification, but I already used it once to clearly judge a mule deer at 300 yards before cranking it back down to somewhere around 10x to shoot. I liked the extra x's when the time came so I didn't have to switch back and forth between binos/spotter and my rifle.

If you are looking at longrange shooting, I think a great choice would be the Z6 5-30x50mm BT, then with the addition of the Outdoorsmans Ballistic Turret custom-engraved to your load.

I have the Z3 3-10x42mm BRX on my lightweight Christensen Arms .270 WSM. I think it is just about the ideal scope for my setup. It is the right size, the right magnification, the right weight, and has the right look atop my rifle.

I have been very impressed with the quality of each scope. The optics are clear, the turrets are firm and easy to use, and the website support for the BRX reticle is great.

One thing to consider about Swarovski scopes and the larger magnification range - they don't have as much adjustment range as let's say, a Leupold. When I mounted the 3.5-18, I had to replace my Talley mounts with rear-adjustable Leupold mounts to get the proper windage adjustment. Obviously, if the scope mounting holes on your rifle are parallel with your barrel, you won't have anything to worry about, but it's just something to be aware of!

-----
Trent Swanson
Western Hunter Magazine
www.westernhuntermagazine.net
Outdoorsmans
www.outdoorsmans.com
Wilderness Athlete
www.wildernessathlete.com

trent,

thanks

i like the z3 for an all around scope. looked thru the z6 at the NRA show and was amazed at the magnification that it has. just wanted some input from guys that have used it in the field.

thanks,

phillip

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom