Swarovski Warranty.

fatrooster

Long Time Member
My Swarovski spotting scope rolled down a mountain about 40 yards while strapped on my backpack and suffered some damage which rendered it unusable. I was worried about wether or not the warranty would cover the cost since the whole thing was my fault but I talked to Swarovski yesturday and they informed me that they had it in the work shop and that it would indeed be covered by the warranty. Woohoo!!!!! Here are a couple of pictures I took of the damage before I sent it in.

In the first photo you can see that the sunshade on the end of the scope is bent.

3576005.jpg

In this photo you can see a gap between the eyepiece and the eyepiece housing which isn't supposed to be there. The eyepiece would not lock into place and if you tried to move the zoom it would fall off.

1950001.jpg

Here is another picture with an ink pen pointing to the gap.
6586004.jpg

Good or bad I will let you guys know what happens and what you can expect from Swarovski's warranty and fix it department. So far it looks like they are gonna go above and beyond the warranty. Thank you Swarovski. fatrooster.

People ask me why I pay so much for hunting and fishing gear. This is one of the reasons.

I used to fly fish a lot. I've broken a handful of fly rods. A few from G loomis, a few from Sage. Each time, they were replaced, no questions, free of charge. I seem to remember them overnighting me rods a few times. Boom. Customer service at its finest.

In the past few months, I've had the same awesome experiences from both Leica and Swarovski customer service. Above and beyond to make sure I was happy. You buy one time, and you insure that you will always have great stuff, and you can rest assured that they will take care of you even if you throw your scope down a mountain or pour caustic bug repellent on it.

Don't waste your money on cheaper gear and companies that don't back it up. You can have a lifetime of smiles, using great stuff, and you can give to your kids, if you save a few bucks here and there until you can buy what you wanted the first time. The rest of your life will thank you.

Got my scope back and it is good as new and was covered entirely by the warranty. Thank you Swarovski. fatrooster.

>Got my scope back and it
>is good as new and
>was covered entirely by the
>warranty. Thank you Swarovski. fatrooster.
>

Toldjaso... :)

>Yes Foreman4x4, you did tellmeso. Thanks
>always for your input. fatrooster.
>

Wow that must have been quite a tumble. This is why my bag is full of green optics, well this and the view is pretty nice too. I am suprised they didn't charge if it was owner fault, so even better. I have not heard the same glowing reports about Leica, which is why frankly I have never considered their gear, and even Zeiss is not as user-friendly. I also avoid VOrtex, not because their warranty isn't as inclusive or that I've heard bad things about their service, they are just too new of a provider to know they will be consistent. I have heard reports like this about Swaro forever.

>>Yes Foreman4x4, you did tellmeso. Thanks
>>always for your input. fatrooster.
>>
>
>
>Wow that must have been quite
>a tumble. This is
>why my bag is full
>of green optics, well this
>and the view is pretty
>nice too. I am
>suprised they didn't charge if
>it was owner fault, so
>even better. I have
>not heard the same glowing
>reports about Leica, which is
>why frankly I have never
>considered their gear, and even
>Zeiss is not as user-friendly.
> I also avoid VOrtex,
>not because their warranty isn't
>as inclusive or that I've
>heard bad things about their
>service, they are just too
>new of a provider to
>know they will be consistent.
> I have heard reports
>like this about Swaro forever.
>

Leica's customer service has been top notch lately and if they continue to keep it up, they'll give Swarovski a run for their money.

Good to hear Fatrooster. I have the 20x60 HD and I am about to pick up the new EL Swarovisions and they cost as much as my HD SPotter did. But its good to know that they will be handed down to my children.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom