Swarovski warranty?? should have got Vortex?

noluck

I recently had to send my bino's back to swarovski. It has been almost a month and still haven't got them back. I called Swarovski and they said they are a little behind and they might have to charge me for the damage. I was under the impression when I bought my $1800 dollar bino?s that the warranty was no questions asked. Now I'm wondering for $1000 less should I have gone with Vortex. Why doesn't Swarovski?s warranty compare with other companies who's products cost half as much and are almost as good.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-07-09 AT 01:58PM (MST)[p]I had to send in my Swarovski Binos last year, after the amount of time it took and also looking into the published warranty/guarantee by Vortex, I purchased both mine and my wife?s spotting scopes from Vortex last fall. My Skyline ED matches so close to the Swarovski HD of my brother, that for the additional $1000+ as well as inconsistent service by Swarovski it was a no-brainer to go with less expensive more customer service oriented company. For the additional cost and lack of service Swarovski offers I am also going with the Vortex rifle scope this month.

where does vortex hire you clowns ????? I don't believe either of your stories.

I got my slc's back from swarovski on June 28th after only 2 weeks, total rebuild...look brand new...NO CHARGE....bought new in 1994.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

d13 not sure what your problem is. I don't own any vortex. I have a pair of 10x42 EL's, 7X30 slc, straight 60, and angled 80 all swarovski. In my opnion the best Glass out there.

My problem is only with their warranty. I've sent stuff to them in the past and had nothing but positive to say. However for whatever reason this time they are giving me a hard time. They called today and want to charge me $75. Not that much money but still seems strange. Also they have in fact been there over 4 weeks.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-07-09 AT 10:32PM (MST)[p]Let me guess, $75.00 to replace glass that you scratched/damaged? If I were you, I'd unload all my Swaro stuff and buy Vortex, or better yet, Zen-Ray....

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-07-09
>AT 10:32?PM (MST)

>
>Let me guess, $75.00 to replace
>glass that you scratched/damaged? If
>I were you, I'd unload
>all my Swaro stuff and
>buy Vortex, or better yet,
>Zen-Ray....

I second the Zen Ray,..... but get the ED or the new ED II.

Warranty smoranty

And if it's only $75 to replace a lense why the high price?????

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom