swarovski eyepiece

califhuntn

I have a 20x60 eyepiece for my spotting scope purchased through Cabela's. The rubberized eye ring slides completely off the eyepiece exposing the glass. Is this normal or is it defective? I would think that it should not come completely off. Does Swarovski warranty this?

JR

there are pins that hold the eye cup together, my binos have lost them before, i took it back to where i bought it and they gave me a new one. call customer service, or unscrew the rest of the eye cup and fix it your self.

I sent my binos in for the same problem and they fixed them up good as new. Just call first and they will give you the info.

FWIW, the eyecups on Swarovski binoculars are easily removed for cleaning and can be replaced without sending them in for repair. I had one that the small piece that holds it in place stripped out and a phone call was all it took to get another one sent out.

This is an eyepiece for a spotting scope not binoculars. Even if I try to take it apart that want solve the problem. It is like there is a missing pin or something internally that stops the eye cup from sliding completely off the end of the eyepiece. I will call Swarovski. Thanks guys.

JR

I am a little confused on what is happening. Are you twisting up the eye cup and it doesn't have a stop? or is it just pulling up and off? on the swaro eyecup, it shouldn't slide, it twists, it is threaded. if it has been removed and not screwed back on all the way down, it will then unscrew right off without stopping. once you remove the cup you then need to thread it on all the way down before it will engage the stop again. if it just pulls straight off it is either cracked, or broken. if you call Swarovski they will help you out. just be aware that they do not service spotting scopes in the USA like they do their binoculars. spotting scopes are generally sent back to Austria and they will charge you a fee if they feel it is not a factory defect. If they tell you if needs to be sent back I would take it back to Cabela's and exchange it. the good and bad of Cabela's is they are expensive but they are the Nordstrom's of outdoor products.

The point of my last post was to tell the guy above that he didn't need to send his binos to Swarovski as it's an easy fix. Not sure about the spotter, but I'll bet they'll make it right.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom