Swarovski EL's 10x32 or 10x42

A

autodink13

Hi everybody,
I have finally saved up enough money to upgrade to swarovski binoculars and was wondering what you'll recommend, the 10x32's or the 10x42's. Heres the catch I love backpacking into wilderness' so weight is always under consideration. My friend has the 32's and is trying to convince me that those are the better choice for the high hunt, but I am not convinced. What does everybody think about this?

I believe the 10x32 are only 6 oz less than the 10x42. I have the 10x42's and love them. I backpack in to hunt too and I don't think the extra 6 oz is worth going with the 10x32.

This is definitely a personal preference issue. the 10X42's are 6 oz. heavier, but generally you would have them on a bino system or similar so it is doesn't have much of an impact. the 42mm are a little brighter, which is a big issue. Also, the eye relief on the 10 X 32's is not very good compared to the 10X42's. If you wear glasses or think you will be down the road, this could be an issue. I use 10X42's and would not go with the 10X32's, that is just my opinion and again, this is really a personal preference issue.

Thanks guys, I was leaning towards the 10x42's but my friend is convinced that the 10x32's are the way to go. I agree with you guys and think I am going to purchase the 10x42's. Thanks a lot.

I own a pair of 8.5x42 EL, I do not leave home with out them. I use them for all types of hunting.Suggest you try them all first, don't thing you can go wrong with any of the EL series.

Thanks for all the posts. I'm glad everybody agrees that the 10x42's are the way to go, it makes my decision easy.

Maybe you've already made your decision, but here's another vote for the 42's. I've owned a pair of SLC 10X42WBs for six years now. I also put some serious miles in, and after hiking all those miles to see something, there's no way I would sacrifice the additional brigtness for six ounces. In my opinion, a good bino system will make those extra six ounces go unnoticed, while the additional 10 mms of brightness will put a smile on your face...

Go to the Bird forum. Binos are like rifles to them guys. They will gove you all the pros and cons you can handle.

Well, I have purchased 3 different Swaro optics in the past 2 years. 15x56 SLC, 8x30 SLC, and 65MM HD spotter. Now I must admit all Swaro's are or compete for the top spot in their respective classes. I would like to say, if you have not already made that purchase to reconsider buying the 10x, when you can get the 8.5x42. I think you gain a fair amount with the light gathering that comes at the lower magnification giving you a larger exit pupil to use in those low light conditions. You get 18% larger exit pupil and 18% better field of view. Believe me I live and hunt in Idaho where we sit for hours and glass for miles, but I feel the benefits of the 8.5x's will outweight the extra magnification.

Just my .02$

8.5 X 42 EL for me. If I need to get a really, really good look at something far away...spotting scope.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom