Swarovski 15X56

sremim

Very Active Member
Are the 15X56 worth getting? When hunting open country will they be worth it rather than carrying a spotting scope all the time? I hunt mulies in the open and whitetails in AZ where glassing is a must.

It's Bush's fault!!!

Only you can answer that question. My personnal thoughts are 15's are a luxury that should be purchased after you have a pair of binoculars and a spotting scope you are happy with.

With that said my 15's are a tool that I would not care to part with. If you decide to take the leap, the pain will only last until the first time you use them. Figure a quality tripod into the cost. You will be very pleased.

Nothing finds game better in big country and 15x56's. If you want to truely judge the game you still need a spotter.

10's, 15's, a Swaro spotter, and a strong back will do it right for Coues. I'd not like to look one-eyed thru a spotter for hours, but rather put it on the tripod in place of the 15's once something worthy of scrutiny is located with the 15's.

Doug~RR

every time i tripod up my 15's and let a first timer look thru them that is all they can talk about for a few hours! money well spent, but they dont take place of a good spotter.

The 15's are great for locating deer. They are well worth the money when combined with a quality tripod. You still need a quality spotter to accuratly field judge deer though.

I'm a rookie cause I just got mine last year but WOW!!! I use pistol grip type head on my tri-pod and a light weight stool. You can glass for hours without fatigue. I think those things are gonna pay for themselves.

I hunt mulies, antelope, and elk in AZ, but mostly mulies with the bow. when it comes to optics swarovski rule, everything else are toys. swarovski sits on top of my rilfe, and pair of 8.5 x 42 EL (which cost as much as the 15 x 56 ) hang around my neck.I also use to own a pair of 15 x 56. I used all three on my last antelope hunt.I sold the 15 x 56's and kept the 8.5 x 42's. I'm not saying the bigger glasses are over rated, I just found the smaller ones to be just as good. My opinion. Try out as many in the field first.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom