Swarovksi 10X40 EL or Leica 10X42 Geovid w/rangefinder?

flyingbrass

Swarovksi 10X40 EL or Leica 10X42 Geovid w/rangefinder?
I'm considering these two premium optics. Which one do you recommend? It isn't realistic to try them out since nobody offers both in my home state.
How can I be assured that the Leica is the new model if I order it now?
flyingbrass
cold dead hands

LAST EDITED ON May-08-09 AT 01:55PM (MST)[p]Geovid! The convenience of a rangefinder combined with world-class glass is a no-brainer, IMHO. No matter what you decide, I'd call Doug at Cameraland when you get ready to purchase.

If it makes the decision any easier, Cameraland is currently selling brand new in the box Leica 10x42 Geovid's for $1,799.99 shipped!

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...&Words=geovid&topic=0&Search=true#Post2896465

Geovids. No need to pack an extra tool when they make one that does it all. I bought mine when they first came out, and I don't have any desire to go back to plain binoculars without the rangefinder.

Have you seen or considered the new Zeiss rangefinder binos?
45mm objectives in the 8 or 10 power.

If you have the cash I would for shure get a rangefinder bino.

thanks for the replies.
I'm leaning towards Leica.
Of course I've ordered stuff from cameraland. Doug and his brother are both great. I didn't know they were having such good prices on the leica so thanks alot.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands

while i like Leica and Swaro optics, and own them both, i am not a fan of the geovid. i want my bino's to glass,and prefer the rangefinder seprate. i can see how a guide would like them so he can range a target for his client without taking his eye off it.

Its just that i spend hours upon hours behind bino's thru out the year, and use a rangefinder for a few seconds a year. so to have the extra size isnt worth it to me anyway.

I own both sets. Since I got the geovids the only time I use the Swaros is when there is no season open. The convenience of having a range finder built in to the binos and having 1 less tool to pack around is nice if you are a serious hunter. You can get by without them but once you get used to them you would never go back. If you are hunting alone it also makes ranging and shooting an animal at extended ranges much quicker and easier. No brainer in my opinion go with the geos.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom