Swarovision vs SLC HD

BPKHunter

Very Active Member
I recently purcashed the Swarovisions and love them. I bought them because I got a deal.

I ask how they compare, because since I use my 15x SLC's any time I am not backpacking in too far and would prefer to use one tripod adaptor.

I hear the only diff is the field flattening, which helps mostly on the edge to edge clarity. I have looked through the SLC HD's in Cabelas, but without having them in real field conditions I am not comfortable making the call.

I havent had the SLC HDs in the field, but there is another option fo ryou.

Sportsmans in AZ will machine in a tripod adapter on your EL. They are authorizd by swaro to do the job and it works slick as snot. I think they charge $75. It doesn't hurt the warranty.

Vi Et Armis Invictus Maneo

So it will machine into the front hinge? That would be awesome. I wondered why it doesn't come that way to start with. I will check that out!

>I havent had the SLC HDs
>in the field, but there
>is another option fo ryou.
>
>
>Sportsmans in AZ will machine in
>a tripod adapter on your
>EL. They are authorizd by
>swaro to do the job
>and it works slick as
>snot. I think they charge
>$75. It doesn't hurt the
>warranty.
>
>Vi Et Armis Invictus Maneo

Is that Sportsmans Warehouse? I initially thought of Outdoorsmans, but you clearly spelled Sportsmans.

I had a very nice conversation with Cody at Outdoorsmans about adding a Tripod Adapter stud. He confirmed it is authorized by Swarovski, but FYI it only works with the Outdoorsmans proprietary tripod adapter, not with the Swaro's.

Cost is $55 plus shipping. Takes ~1week.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom