swarovision vs. EL

carterj16

so i got the approval for my 1st pair of swaros this yr. are the new swarovision that mush better then the old EL's. im getting the 10x42. also let me know if you have used them in the field or just in the store like me.
thanks

Dryflyelk and I spent some time comparing the Swarovision and EL's a couple of weeks ago. The Swarovisions are definitely clearer and brighter, but they are also more expensive. Go to Cabelas and check them out side by side.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

LAST EDITED ON Apr-05-10 AT 08:00PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-05-10 AT 07:42?PM (MST)

I've ogled them a half a dozen times or so at cabelas, and I've had the guys let me take them outside twice now. There is definitely a difference between the two. The swarovision is more clear and sharper even to the edges of the image. I've also compared them to the ultravid HD's and the swarovisions were noticeably better. I went in thinking I was going to save some money and like one of the "cheaper" (relative, I know) binos, but those new swarovisions are just a step ahead of everything else out there right now. Very, very impressive.

With the field flatteners swaro uses in the new binos, some people have complained about the "rolling ball" effect when panning. Basically some say it appears like the image is rolling when you pan side to side. I tried to see it a few times and haven't noticed anything.

Go to birdforum.net under the swarovski discussion - you'll find enough reading there to make your head spin. Here's the link to one of the discussions.

http://birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=443

One other bino to consider would be the new SLC. It comes out in a few months and will be priced a few hundred less than the new EL. From what I can tell, the glass will be essentially the same, but the design of the bino will be the piano hinge type instead of the open hinge, EL style. They are great looking bins. Here's the link:

http://slc.swarovskioptik.com/#/home/en

What's that worth to you? Only you can answer that. You'll spend $600 or so more for the new technology over the older but still great ELs.

PS. My Leica Geovids and Leica Duovids are for sale here in the classifieds. I'll be buying the swarovision ELs or the new SLCs.

Also compare the 8.5x42's before you buy. I've found the lighter weight trumps the difference in power. In my experience.

Ive got a used pair of 10X40 ELs if you buy them I will go buy the new Swarovisions and then we can see, J/K.

I have the ELs and love them, I did get a chance to look through a pair of the new ones a few weeks ago when I ran into the swaro rep at the archery shop, they are better they are clearer but damn are they way expensive, So I will say it like this if you can afford the swarovisions buy em you won't regret it.

Windage and elevation pilgrim windage and elevation

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom